• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsukuba will be added to the season 2 schedule - which track should make way?

• Willow springs

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Monza

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Neither - keep the original schedule

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Do all of them - Adds additional week, finale on the 13th May

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
So possibly my best race to date qualifying 2nd and finishing 4th. The last time I had a result this good was also at Maggiore surprise surprise when I finished 2nd in class. KdotIX watching the replay our tyres were wearing at a pretty similar rate but the extra stop meant I was constantly carrying about half your fuel load and my stops were quicker. Was a good trade-off in the end.

TyrantGuardian It's a real shame about last night . As someone mentioned it may be the conflict is with someone else in the group other than the host. I don't know how these things work but next week maybe if you can get in the lobby first then others join and we see how it goes. Hope it hasn't put you off, and sorry we couldn't wait any longer it's just some of us are on a tight schedule.

Also watched a lot of the battle at the front with CLR_CMOS chasing down DHC-Shannow that was absolutely different class. I can only dream of being able to lap that consistently, was amazing to watch masters at work.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TyrantGuardian can you PM me the details of your router (make, model & firmware version) and I'll see if I can help you out. Great shame you couldn't get involved last night. I noticed you managed to join the practice lobby I had open earlier in the day without any issues so there must be a conflict somewhere but we will need to try and get you out of Nat 3 purgatory.

Great race all round, really enjoyed it. CLR_CMOS was different class as usual, phenomenal middle stint. After my early first pitstop I hoped that I'd be able to sneak back ahead after you and DHC-Shannow pitted but I botched my out lap so I was a few tenths behind you both after you came back out. I then had a nightmare for a couple of laps because I was overdriving the car trying to keep up and fell away. It was only after my final pit stop that I settled down and found my rhythm again. I came out 3 seconds behind Fifanutz and just got my head down and focused. Ultimately it wasn't enough to close the gap on DHC-Shannow even after he made a mistake.

I just wish the Hyundai gr4 wasn't so hard on tires. I really like the car when the tyres are fresh, it's wonderful to drive, but the tyres do have a tenancy to drop off suddenly. It means I don't even bother with the medium tires even though strategy wise it would be best to go for them for the final mid-length stint. Maybe it's just my driving style :/... I do like a lot of rear bias and rotation under braking.

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, was really excited to join so it felt quite unfortunate. GHG rightly pointed out that NAT issues between certain users essentially block the entire connection, so I can probably connect to either of your lobbies but some other NAT3 user was preventing me from joining (or even seeing the lobby) when they were in there. My ISP was on about some crazy stuff about our connection being incompatible with routers and that we should just plug one device straight into the wall (lol…) which was obviously absurd, but I'm assuming router settings not being able to solve this issue is related to that at least. I'll try plugging the PS4 straight in next time which should definitely solve the issue if it even works at all.

If anyone wants to play for fun throughout the week let me know! Really enjoying the game regardless of network issues :)

TyrantGuardian can you PM me the details of your router (make, model & firmware version) and I'll see if I can help you out. Great shame you couldn't get involved last night. I noticed you managed to join the practice lobby I had open earlier in the day without any issues so there must be a conflict somewhere but we will need to try and get you out of Nat 3 purgatory.

I'll get back to you on that ASAP! Cheers.

TyrantGuardian It's a real shame about last night . As someone mentioned it may be the conflict is with someone else in the group other than the host. I don't know how these things work but next week maybe if you can get in the lobby first then others join and we see how it goes. Hope it hasn't put you off, and sorry we couldn't wait any longer it's just some of us are on a tight schedule.

I figure the person I had network issues with won't be able to connect if I enter first, unfortunately. No worries! I'm generally a PC gamer so I'm used to struggling my way through getting games working properly, not easily scared off. If anything I felt bad for wasting your time and having you restart the lobby as well as being really frustrated about typing with a gamepad lol. Need to plug in a keyboard next time :P

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Good race last night. Again managed to avoid the first lap carnage. Fifanutz had some great pace and I couldn't keep up with him. I felt I finished out of position since Miky was faster than I was but I was consistent on the H tire. I decided to start on the hard tire because I found the pace was better than on wearing mediums, I really need to work on being kinder to the softer compounds. Ultimately ended on a 2 stop strategy.

I did a 2 stop on hards too bud, not many can make the medium tyres last like CLR and it is very car dependant. That first lap was interesting with you all over the back of me and the 3 car battle ahead holding me up :-)

Shame with the issues with TyrantGuardian last night, would have been good to get another player in on the action. Unsure what would have been causing it, but certainly seemed your end what with you not even seeing Fifanutz lobby after having been in one with him previously.

I don't really know what's up with my pace tbh, I know I'm not getting any practice at all on the tracks and going in totally cold each time, but other games I can pick up and blast around within a few laps. GT just doesn't let me do that and I suffer for it. I do feel that I am faster with the wheel though but my concentration is just lacking too and lots of silly mistakes keep happening (missed braking points, too heavy on throttle causing spins etc) Ah well either way I still manage to find a scrap with someone in the race.

You know it is all down to practice don't you - I generally try to get about 2-3 hours in depending on how well I know the track. I still make mistakes tho :-(

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Some thoughts from last night...

Sorry again to BradleyLove for the contact, I was just too focused on getting past Kdot. Not sure what happened with Oghuz, whether I didn't leave enough space or he wasn't aware I was there but my car was feeling pretty battered by lap 2. That hurt my pace on the first stint but I was able to go longer than GHG and stay within 2 seconds of CLR_CMOS.

I came out of the pits ahead of CLR despite having to repair damage so I knew he was going longer in the middle than I was (I'd decided on a 7 / 8 / 9 strategy on hards) - I managed to keep CLR_CMOS behind me for virtually the entire stint which gave me false hope of being able to compete for the victory in this one. I came out for the 3rd stint behind GHG who had yet to pit and followed him for a lap before he went in. I made a few little mistakes and then a big one when to regain a few lost tenths I'd lost previously - 10 seconds lost and a good chunk of tyre life too :-( Suddenly GHG was bearing down on me and gaining by a good chunk each lap, thankfully we only made it to 23!

I don't think the win was on even without my spin, CLR_CMOS was able to press me throughout the middle stint despite carrying a heavier fuel load and then blew me away with some rapid laps at the end on a short medium tyred stint. Still a fun race and looking forward to the final event at Fuji (I hope the GR3 Toyota sucks ;-)

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
I
You know it is all down to practice don't you - I generally try to get about 2-3 hours in depending on how well I know the track. I still make mistakes tho :-(

Yeah I know, I just really don't have the time to dedicate to it unfortunately. I mean now the winter has arrived I may get more time in the evenings, I play bowls pretty much every night during the summer outdoors but indoors is a lot less demanding on schedules, the other thing is spending time with family so it's only really something I can do once they are all asleep lol

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I did a 2 stop on hards too bud, not many can make the medium tyres last like CLR and it is very car dependant. That first lap was interesting with you all over the back of me and the 3 car battle ahead holding me up :-)

Those first few laps certainly were interesting and it kinda gave me false hope that I could keep up. Miky was warping all over the track for me so that put me off for quite a few laps. Nevertheless, I had quite a few good battles with various people and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fifa's Strategy paid off really well, also goes to show the importance of practice. Looking forward to next week.
I feel like I've been enjoying the GR.3 races far more than the GR.4 so far.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice one... We sticking with this format going forward or have you got something else in mind?

I think we should stick to this format, seems to work well and it looks like everyone is enjoying it?

The only slight tweaks I would suggest are:
  • Going full damage for both GR3 and GR4
  • Making it so that you have to stick with your choice of manufacturer for the season with the exception of one single race (so everyone gets a single use "free choice" ticket that they can use for a single race at any point in the season)
But apart from that I don't think any other changes are necessary!

If anyone has any suggestions then let everyone know and we can all discuss.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I think we should stick to this format, seems to work well and it looks like everyone is enjoying it?

The only slight tweaks I would suggest are:
  • Going full damage for both GR3 and GR4
  • Making it so that you have to stick with your choice of manufacturer for the season with the exception of one single race (so everyone gets a single use "free choice" ticket that they can use for a single race at any point in the season)
But apart from that I don't think any other changes are necessary!

If anyone has any suggestions then let everyone know and we can all discuss.

Yep I think the current format works well and I think picking a manufacturer and sticking with it is the way to go. Maybe have a couple of test run events before the next one to help people with their decision.

Maybe an 8 race season next time?

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Let's make room for some invitationals!
Would be nice mixing it up from time to time with the one off special races. Also serves as a platform for those who can't make it on a weekly schedule

CLR_CMOS

Oct 28, 2017
Bratislava, Slovakia
DHC-Shannow , good racing as per usual. The race was decided in the middle stint. I only needed to keep up with you, since I knew that I would have a massive pace advantage in the last stint and would almost certainly win. Your last corner spin just made sure of it ;-)

GHG , you cheeky bastard! I thought the car classes alternated so I did all my practice in the Supra, only to realize upon joining the lobby that this was a Gr.4 race :-D

Special mention goes to Fifanutz , who had very good pace this week. Well done!

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DHC-Shannow , good racing as per usual. The race was decided in the middle stint. I only needed to keep up with you, since I knew that I would have a massive pace advantage in the last stint and would almost certainly win. Your last corner spin just made sure of it ;-)

GHG , you cheeky bastard! I thought the car classes alternated so I did all my practice in the Supra, only to realize upon joining the lobby that this was a Gr.4 race :-D

Special mention goes to Fifanutz , who had very good pace this week. Well done!

No practice and you still managed to sweep everyone away like that... No comment!

In case anyone who has not been following the group we have on PSN, the next race is as follows:

gtsporteraleagueraces9efsw.png

Good news is that I will 100% be able to make it as rejigging my holiday is all sorted, I'm going to the Seychelles the following weekend instead :)

Yep I think the current format works well and I think picking a manufacturer and sticking with it is the way to go. Maybe have a couple of test run events before the next one to help people with their decision.

Maybe an 8 race season next time?
Let's make room for some invitationals!
Would be nice mixing it up from time to time with the one off special races. Also serves as a platform for those who can't make it on a weekly schedule

We can do an 8 or 10 week season with a 2 week break for the Christmas/new year period? So:
  • Invitational 1 (red bull junior @ Catalunya)
  • GR3 race 1 (Interlagos)
  • GR4 race 1 (Kyoto Yamagiwa)
  • GR3 race 2 (Brands Hatch)
  • GR4 race 2 (Bathurst or Tokyo East Outer Loop if we are feeling brave?)
#Break
  • Invitational 2 (GR2 @ Le Mans)
  • GR4 race 3 (Willow Springs)
  • GR3 race 3 (Nurburgring GP)
  • GR4 race 4 (Dragon Trail Seaside or new track)
  • GR3 race 4 (Alsace or new track)
Or something along those lines?

Anyway, standings are up to date here.

Last edited:

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
That's amazing work for next season. Please go with Tokyo over Bathurst. We've done Bathurst to death and I still hate it. The other thing is I think you put the wrong file in for up to date results ;-)

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
How about:

• Invitational 1 (red bull junior @ Catalunya)
  • GR3 race 1 (Bathurst)
  • GR4 race 1 (Kyoto Yamagiwa)
  • GR3 race 2 (Brands Hatch)
  • GR4 race 2 (The Bluemoon config we used with the F1500?)
#Break
  • Invitational 2 (GR1 @ Le Mans, no Vision GT cars)
  • GR4 race 3 (Willow Springs)
  • GR3 race 3 (RBR GP)
  • GR4 race 4 (Dragon Trail Seaside)
  • GR3 race 4 (Nordschleife)
Start and end season with Bathurst and Nord. We haven't raced them for a few seasons, plus they're great GT-class tracks.

The bluemoon speedway config was really decent, and feels like a good fit for Gr4.

Le Mans surely has to be Gr1? And no vision GT at that.

And as I suggest Nord, then Nurb is switched for Red Bull Ring.

Was trying to think of circuits we haven't raced for a while.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
That's amazing work for next season. Please go with Tokyo over Bathurst. We've done Bathurst to death and I still hate it. The other thing is I think you put the wrong file in for up to date results ;-)
Lol, only saw this after I posted.

I thought we'd only raced Bathurst once? And Bathurst is awesome, dude.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The link works for me? What are you seeing? (If it's private please PM it to me instead of sharing it here obviously!)

On next season I'd prefer for us do some combos we haven't done in a while or have never done before.

BradleyLove I know you love Nords but it's a hard no from me. It's a nightmare for qualifying which requires extra co-ordination and it's just not that great to actually race on :/

We also recently did LMP1 @ Le Mans (last season I believe) and GR2 cars are a ton of fun round there.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
BradleyLove maybe it just feels like we've done it to death I think I even missed that week so I wasn't even racing it but I did the practice :-)

GHG Perhaps it's just my phone but I'm only seeing a spreadsheet with 3 rds but results for 2 rds

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
The link works for me? What are you seeing? (If it's private please PM it to me instead of sharing it here obviously!)

On next season I'd prefer for us do some combos we haven't done in a while or have never done before.

BradleyLove I know you love Nords but it's a hard no from me. It's a nightmare for qualifying which requires extra co-ordination and it's just not that great to actually race on :/

We also recently did LMP1 @ Le Mans (last season I believe) and GR2 cars are a ton of fun round there.
Boo this man. Lol.

Fair do's about Nord when you put it like that.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
BradleyLove maybe it just feels like we've done it to death I think I even missed that week so I wasn't even racing it but I did the practice :-)

GHG Perhaps it's just my phone but I'm only seeing a spreadsheet with 3 rds but results for 2 rds

We've done Bathurst twice. Once was that hellish race at night where I couldn't see anything, and once was the non-league, Ferrari 458 Gr.4 one-make race.

Oct 25, 2017
GHG Just a little update on the NAT3 issue: It seems like my ISP puts people behind NAT3 on their side by default. It should be an easy fix either manually via their dhcp site or via their support, so hopefully I'll have the issue sorted before this Sunday!

OP
OP

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GHG what's with the Avatar?

I'm just showing love for my most favouritest football team in the world ever ;)

GHG Just a little update on the NAT3 issue: It seems like my ISP puts people behind NAT3 on their side by default. It should be an easy fix either manually via their dhcp site or via their support, so hopefully I'll have the issue sorted before this Sunday!

Good stuff, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly tomorrow. New track that we haven't raced before, should be interesting!

Oct 25, 2017
This is so weird. My PS4 says it's NAT2 now with both wired and WiFi connections through my router, but when I bypass the router and plug straight into the wall I get NAT3? How is that even possible? I also tried joining Fifa's practice lobby and got kicked out before the menu appeared, making it even worse than last week lol. I have no idea what's going on, so I'll probably sit out tonight as well :(

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
So thoughts from last night...

Gutted my connection screwed me again - I'd restarted the router before going on and restarted my machine after the 2 practice lobbies booted me but to no avail, getting booted from qualifying and the race. I need to get this sorted for next season.

Even more annoying, this looked to be my best chance for a victory. I managed to avoid the first corner carnage and held Chewiedee off for a couple of laps despite him being on the soft tyre whilst I was on hard. He pitted from the lead on lap 5 and when I came back out after pitting the game was more or less the same at 3.5 seconds, but my pace on the hard tyres looked to be better and I'd cut the gap in half after a couple of laps before my connection went. I was going to do 2 x 11 lap stints on hard tyres whilst Chewie went for a longer middle stint on hards then a closing sprint on mediums. I think it would've been close but we'll never know :-( Seems strange not mentioning CLR_CMOS but I never actually saw him in my race, I'm guessing the GR3 Toyota wasn't that great?

I guess thats my 2nd place gone then GHG!

As for next season as I said on the chat, I think we either need to go for rolling start reverse grid or standing start standard grid. I like both options, I like having cars to chase and overtake but I also enjoy the lights and starting sprint. Hopefully someone can share last nights replay please?

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
FWIW I think you should get the quali points from before you disconnected DHC-Shannow . Not sure about race points, maybe an average of past races? Or we could not count the worst single individual race - which could also help those who missed a race.

Anyway, very weird race, I didn't even wanna participate because I absolutely loathe the Lambo Gr3 (I have no idea what's going on with the rear tyres 90% of the time) and haven't raced on Fuji since GT6.
But with RDR2 not arriving in time I had nothing else to do, so I thought "what the hell, let's do it", lol.

I managed to avoid the mess at the beginning but I fucked up by myself later on at least a couple of times. On lap 7 I had to go on the grass to avoid taking out GHG, while on lap 24 I spaced out and mistook turn 4 for turn 8...I took it flat out and almost spun around, losing my chance for 3rd.
Sorry to see I was lagging again for a couple of people, I hope I didn't hit anyone. I gave a gentle tap to jvodka at the end of turn 2, I didn't expect him to come out of the turn that slow. Anyway I slowed down because I didn't wanna overtake him like that, but then the lambo on the straight was just faster so I had to go.

And yeah the difference between light and heavy damage is insane. Going by the replay the carnage at the beginning didn't result in any damage until the very last contact between Bradley and Trolley; last week with heavy damage GHG gave me a gentle tap and broke my rear wing Lol.

But I agree with what Shannow said in the chat, that a spin at the beginning shouldn't be the end of a 50 minute race. That said I understand the frustration, happened twice to me this season (St. Croix and Suzuka), and even in past seasons. But in the end I don't mind to gradually recover lost positions.
I also agree that at this point it's probably better to have rolling starts and/or normal grid order.

Last edited:

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Since finishing Season 2 I said that I would put more time into GT Sport in a bid to gain more consistency. That kicked off with this week's daily races. Been having a blast with Race C GR.1 Le Mans race, first I was really rusty trying to find my way around the track and explore the possibilities of my chosen car (SRT Tomahawk) but I thought I would throw myself in head first into a race.
First few races I was bashed about fairly hard so then I thought I would just trundle around at the back in an attempt not to hurt my SR and get some hands on experience with racing others around the track. My SR took a nose dive anyway so then I just concentrated on going faster. The last few races I've been running consistently and fairly quickly and ended up 4th every single time.

Been nothing but fun since coming back to GT Sport and I have the league and all the league racers to thank for that - you guys were a blast to race with; also your patience and respect made it easy for me to settle back in. Hopefully, if I can keep this up, I should be a bit quicker and more consistent for next season!

Are the final standings of S2 up yet?

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Since finishing Season 2 I said that I would put more time into GT Sport in a bid to gain more consistency. That kicked off with this week's daily races. Been having a blast with Race C GR.1 Le Mans race, first I was really rusty trying to find my way around the track and explore the possibilities of my chosen car (SRT Tomahawk) but I thought I would throw myself in head first into a race.
First few races I was bashed about fairly hard so then I thought I would just trundle around at the back in an attempt not to hurt my SR and get some hands on experience with racing others around the track. My SR took a nose dive anyway so then I just concentrated on going faster. The last few races I've been running consistently and fairly quickly and ended up 4th every single time.

Been nothing but fun since coming back to GT Sport and I have the league and all the league racers to thank for that - you guys were a blast to race with; also your patience and respect made it easy for me to settle back in. Hopefully, if I can keep this up, I should be a bit quicker and more consistent for next season!

Are the final standings of S2 up yet?

It was great racing with you this season, and glad you stuck with it - lots of people try it but find it's just not for them - I can see you being tough competition in the future :-)

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Damn it's been quiet in here lately!

Anyway I'm running a mini league over the next 4 sundays, the idea being it's N200 first week going up to N500 by the last week.

Usual time 7.55pm UK to qualify with the race starting at 8.10pm (if it all goes smoothly for a change).
Reverse grid with rolling start - light damage on
Only assist allowed is ABS (provisionally - this may change if people really want TC on)

Week 1 is Lago Maggiore - 10 x Tyre Wear and 5 x Fuel Consumption
Tyres are Sports Soft - Sports Hard

Car wise you can use anything you can get into the right category - so you can uprate a N100 car or downrate an N400 if you like. BoP will be on so that'll auto level things out (sometimes you seem to need to manually tweak things first then it'll take over). No other tuning permitted.

Just a bit of fun until GHG has time to organise the next proper league. I'll try to make some time and get the future track list up soon.

Let me know if you're up for it and haven't seen the PSN chat about it.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
The new Alpine A110 is good too as is the MR2 - Could only get the old RX7 down to N200 and it likes going sideways far too much for my taste :-) Still not had chance to use my wheel on any of these cars tho :-(

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Was the 1:46s on Sports Softs? Ive just realised I've only been using Sports Hards and I've just dipped into the 47s