• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Why is everyone hating on Metera? She's the one I'm hoping to main. Don't hate me ☹

Like, on the real, her normals have ZERO business being as good as they are. They're Gran level up close for a character who's gimick is playing mid to full screen, it's really dumb.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
-Gran shines with peeps in the corner, try to end strings with overdrive surge (boot) at midscreen to push them all the way into corner
-During our matches I noticed you always went straight into overhead if I blocked all 3 hits of your light string, it's usually better to use it after the 1 or 2 hit to keep me guessing. Try mixing in a few grabs every now and then as well because I almost never saw you using those.
-The first hit of Gran's medium fireball can eat an enemy projectile before launching your own, at mid/long range projectile duels you can score easy free damage off peeps caught unaware due to its weird timing.
-at mid/long range you tended to shuffle backwards than immediately either do Gran's overdrive surge (boot), or fireball, don't be afraid to run up and pressure me with gran's sweep (down+U) or standing hard slash, they both have really good range (sweep can even low profile certain moves) and cancelling them into fireball is pretty easy usually safe pressure unless your opponent dodge rolls into you.
-In the corner, doing gran's light string, cancelling it into medium fireball, and then doing sweep into a special is good pressure on block. If you use ex fireball on a blocking opponent at close enough range in the corner you can also run in and get a high low mixup if you're fast enough.
-If someone is jumping in, dp can't be blocked, so go ahead and use either regular or ex dp to antiair and score some free damage, if you feel confident, anti-airing with crouching hard slash works as well and can be cancelled into any special, or straight into super pretty easily.
-you can cancel straight into super from sweep (down+utility), it's risky to do with a regular super but if you have your super skybound art it's basically another free ex fireball you can use whenever to keep pressure

Hm. I shall take your suggestions into account. Hopefully I can win a match next time haha.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On Spookys stream they just confirmed that the March update will fix the block button issues.

Edit: Daaaaayum I'm late on this. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone think there there will be some connection between this game and Relink? Like unlocking a character in one game unlocks them in the other? Doing well in Versus give you some bonus in Relink, stuff like that?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Does anyone think there there will be some connection between this game and Relink? Like unlocking a character in one game unlocks them in the other? Doing well in Versus give you some bonus in Relink, stuff like that?
Could be with weapons or colors, apparently there are already some stuff between this and the mobile game.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
setting up your fighting game spinoff two years in advance is pretty galaxy brain

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Colors. I don't expect more than that.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the game not canon though? Seems like a lot of effort.

Bubs is in GBF(the mobile game) and is part of it now.

A character related to him just got released last December.

They essentially killed two birds with one stone since he's featured in the original game as one of the villains in the What Makes the Sky Blue anniversary events and also in the fighting game.

I never would have guessed he was made due to ArcSys' request though.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Famitsu: We talked about Gran and Ladiva's Super Skybound Arts already. Are there any other Skybound Arts or Super Skybound Arts that you'd like to highlight?

Sawada: My favorite is Charlotta's Super Skybound Art, Noble Execution. In GBVS, we have a lot of standard human-sized characters, and then the tiny Charlotta. Since Charlotta looks like a cute little girl, there's no way we can make her attacks or abilities look cool – they all end up looking comical. That's part of what makes Charlotta a fun character, but we wanted to show her gallant and brave side, too. That's what we focused on for this one. Noble Execution looks really cool, but then she says "Todome de arimasu!" and its's super cute – we were able to make her look cool and cute at the same time.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone else feel like this should be a 3/5 instead of a 2/3 rounds game? Maybe its just me

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone found out if you can unlock any of the character colors past 8 in the game, or is it exclusively paid dlc?

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, if you manage to anti-air someone with Gran's crouching hard slash in the corner, you can combo straight into Utility and juggle. 2H->U, 2H->U, L+236S lands clean and does 5500 damage, that's insane. Finishing on a super skybound art does 5900 damage, that'd pretty much be a round win by itself lol.

Edit: 2H->U, H+236H, H+236S does 5600, finish on a skybound super and you got 6500. That's insane damage and stupid easy to land.

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So has anyone found out if you can unlock any of the character colors past 8 in the game, or is it exclusively paid dlc?
They're exclusively paid.
Wow, if you manage to anti-air someone with Gran's crouching hard slash in the corner, you can combo straight into Utility and juggle. 2H->U, 2H->U, L+236S lands clean and does 5500 damage, that's insane. Finishing on a super skybound art does 5900 damage, that'd pretty much be a round win by itself lol.

Edit: 2H->U, H+236H, H+236S does 5600, finish on a skybound super and you got 6500. That's insane damage and stupid easy to land.
Anti airs already do so much damage in this game ,in the corner they're even worse. 2 sequences and it's ggs.