OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So, when is the European release about to happen? The radio silence in that regards makes me a little uneasy. I am already expecting it to release months later and digital only. :/

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So, when is the European release about to happen? The radio silence in that regards makes me a little uneasy. I am already expecting it to release months later and digital only. :/

They're still saying Q1 2020, with the temp date as March 27th. It'll 100% launch physically since they already have preorders up.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It would provide them with more opportunities to capitalize on a mistake, which is what 90% of GBVS is, capitalizing on mistakes and stealing turns.

But yeah, if someone decides to just be iron clad and play lame, there's not much that can be done, especially since her big damage is started at 3/4th screen anyway.
Isn't that every fighting game?

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
Asami Imai (Vira's VA) apparently let slip in her show with Famitsu that Vira showed up in the story and is part of the crew in GBVS.
So I guess Vira DLC is kind of confirmed, to the surprise of no one. Now it could be either Zoi or Vira for the fifth char of pass 1.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hope to play with some of you this weekend likely.

FFXIV been taking my attention away.

I like Gran but the more I play Zeta... I think Zeta might be it.

Sure the boot needs to be respected but the spear dive feels great.

Just wish it had rollback. I feel like all the fighting games I truly enjoy (though I haven't found a fighter that I didn't enjoy on some level), all have delay-based netcode.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Hope to play with some of you this weekend likely.

FFXIV been taking my attention away.

I like Gran but the more I play Zeta... I think Zeta might be it.

Sure the boot needs to be respected but the spear dive feels great.

Just wish it had rollback. I feel like all the fighting games I truly enjoy (though I haven't found a fighter that I didn't enjoy on some level), all have delay-based netcode.

Fully agree on Zeta probably being better than Gran, she seems to have way more options in the corner to mixup/crossup peeps and her pokes at midscreen are way more reliable.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Lotta anime heads at the nextlevel tournament. Even Sonicfox is there this week

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
This hurts so bad man. Like I've tried MK and while it's fun, it just doesn't do it for me like these trash netcode JP fighters
Fully agree on Zeta probably being better than Gran, she seems to have way more options in the corner to mixup/crossup peeps and her pokes at midscreen are way more reliable.
Lol I definitely enjoy and have fun using Zeta waaaaay more than Gran but to say she's better? Hol' up amigo I think you might be pushing it

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts so bad man. Like I've tried MK and while it's fun, it just doesn't do it for me like these trash netcode JP fighters

Lol I definitely enjoy and have fun using Zeta waaaaay more than Gran but to say she's better? Hol' up amigo I think you might be pushing it

Ehh, it's anecdotal evidence from the matches I've but the few Zeta's I've played who knew what they were doing just seem to be able to take control of the midscreen or unga bunga into safe ex move pressure way more often than Gran can. Her pogo can do some ambigious crossups if setup right. I have to play a bunch more matches against her though to get a real feel for the matchup though.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

This is still the best Vyrn weapon:
gbf.wiki

Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Its ever-changing form transcends all comprehension, vehemently declaring its existence. Behold the glory of its marvelous physique, posed in complete harmony, honed beyond perfection, and rivaling even the strength of staves from folklore.
Dragon_Bar_V.png

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Ehh, it's anecdotal evidence from the matches I've but the few Zeta's I've played who knew what they were doing just seem to be able to take control of the midscreen or unga bunga into safe ex move pressure way more often than Gran can. Her pogo can do some ambigious crossups if setup right. I have to play a bunch more matches against her though to get a real feel for the matchup though.
Doesn't the block button completely destroy the notion of crossups though? Like if you see the pogo you just use the block button and remove all guesswork from the mixup.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
While her spear range is not bad, the pogo kind sucks when someone uses the block button. That aside she's still lacking in some key areas, like her damage isnt as good as you'd have hoped with her execution needed, no invincible move(has armor stance but not as good imo), she cant frametrap you like Gran can either. Like I don't think zeta sucks but compared Gran? Hmm idk about that one

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the block button completely destroy the notion of crossups though? Like if you see the pogo you just use the block button and remove all guesswork from the mixup.

The side switching yeah but I've played against some who were doing that in addition to this really weird high/low mixup blockstring pressure after blocking the pogo. Not sure if it was a true blockstring or not but Zeta seemed to have advantage when the last good Zeta player I went up against used it so I need to see it again and lab it out.

While her spear range is not bad, the pogo kind sucks when someone uses the block button. That aside she's still lacking in some key areas, like her damage isnt as good as you'd have hoped with her execution needed, no invincible move(has armor stance but not as good imo), she cant frametrap you like Gran can either. Like I don't think zeta sucks but compared Gran? Hmm idk about that one

I still need to play a lot of sets against a good Zeta player for a bit to learn the matchup better, it's completely possible I'm misjudging the character due to lack of familiarity.

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
People can keep telling me that ferry ins't the best character in this game and I will keep pointing them to tournament win after tournament win.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
The boss fights in the story mode are something else. Music is godlike. I enjoyed the mechanics. It's a shame the rest of the RPG mode feels a bit subpar. So much potential here.

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Bubs looks fun. Even removed from the context of RPG mode, he seems to play like a boss character.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Still debating if I want the SP or not. I know I'll have to go through the HK store again but I'm also wondering if I just want to pick up individual characters.

Do we know the individual character prices yet?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Beelzebub will be 300 yen (around $3), but that's probably only an early unlock price. No idea what the ones who can't be unlocked for free will be, but $5 tends to be typical for games where Arc develop yet don't own the IP.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Beelzebub will be 300 yen (around $3), but that's probably only an early unlock price. No idea what the ones who can't be unlocked for free will be, but $5 tends to be typical for games where Arc develop yet don't own the IP.

Hm... I know when I purchased HK cards that the minimum was 10. Is there any $5 equivalents?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't know, waiting on the US release myself. That said, $10 is the lowest for prepaid cards here as well, so doesn't seem likely.

Hm. Might have to take a look at what I have left over and either just go for the SP or not.

Wish we know what the final character was on the first Season Pass.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ok...I had no interest in this in spite how beautiful it was till today's trailer. Chaos Bringer or whoever has an amazing look and great looking tools and animations. Genuinely a character fully in line with shit I like making in my own artwork and who looks fun to play.

How are combos is all I wanna know.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Might have to take a look at what I have left over and either just go for the SP or not.

Wish we know what the final character was on the first Season Pass.
It's most likely Zooey for the final S1 character, if only because I really doubt Cygames would be generous enough to offer both Narmaya and Vira in the same pass instead of saving the latter for S2. Other than Zooey already showing up in the story, I recall someone in the thread mentioning that she shows up in the artbook from the premium edition too.
Ok...I had no interest in this in spite how beautiful it was till today's trailer. Chaos Bringer or whoever has an amazing look and great looking tools and animations. Genuinely a character fully in line with shit I like making in my own artwork and who looks fun to play.

Nothing too crazy, focused on grounded combos, juggles, and wall bounce combos above all else. Good damage on optimized ones, though. The game is closer to Street Fighter than a typical anime fighter, so no air dashes or air combos (though Metera has loops, and Zeta can launch with her EX spear dive before hitting again then landing ahead of the opponent in the corner).

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

The combos are pretty simple, reminiscent of Super Turbo with some more bells and whistles

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's most likely Zooey for the final S1 character, if only because I really doubt Cygames being generous enough to offer both Narmaya and Vira in the same pass instead of saving the latter for S2.

Yeah... and she does already have a model in the RPG mode so it does make sense...

Hm... I might just get the SP at that point. Will have to look for the cheapest method.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's most likely Zooey for the final S1 character, if only because I really doubt Cygames would be generous enough to offer both Narmaya and Vira in the same pass instead of saving the latter for S2.

Those 3 are pretty much interchangeable in terms of popularity, that I don't really think it is a matter of value. On the other hand the bonus light weapon does seem to lean towards Vira since Chev has a pretty similar-ish type of lance.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
It's most likely Zooey for the final S1 character, if only because I really doubt Cygames would be generous enough to offer both Narmaya and Vira in the same pass instead of saving the latter for S2. Other than Zooey already showing up in the story, I recall someone in the thread mentioning that she shows up in the artbook from the premium edition too.

Nothing too crazy, focused on grounded combos, juggles, and wall bounce combos above all else. Good damage on optimized ones, though. The game is closer to Street Fighter than a typical anime fighter, so no air dashes or air combos (though Metera has loops, and Zeta can launch with her EX spear dive before hitting again then landing ahead of the opponent in the corner).
The combos are pretty simple, reminiscent of Super Turbo with some more bells and whistles
All I'm after is combos that arent so restrictive that most of the routes are all the same. I get super bored on flowchart fighters. Ditto for when an autocombo is just as viable as manual combos . I just enjoy it more when I can get playful and change up what i do next in a combo since I'm a setup guy and like to end or go for resets in a lot of ways from the same starters.

Kikirin

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm after is combos that arent so restrictive that most of the routes are all the same. I get super bored on flowchart fighters. Ditto for when an autocombo is just as viable as manual combos . I just enjoy it more when I can get playful and change up what i do next in a combo since I'm a setup guy and like to end or go for resets in a lot of ways from the same starters.
Autocombos aren't much of a concern since they're more akin to the P4A-style mash A normals where they're unique attacks. In this case, they're also only available after close proximity standing normals. They're often used to help hit confirm or pressure, but optimum damage combos tend to use them as little as possible to reduce scaling on subsequent combo parts.

As another user mentioned, combos are very Street Fighter-ish. Normals generally don't cancel into other normals, so the ones that can combo do so via links. All normals are also special and super cancelable, and specials are not super cancelable. There generally aren't many wild conversions from midscreen except off anti-airs, but corner damage can get pretty wild with EX moves allowing for wallbounce, float, crumple, etc.

Flexibility can greatly vary by character, but generally supers, EX, and sweep combo enders have hard knockdown for safe jumps or other oki setups, probably with different wakeup timings depending on attack, juggle height, etc. Ending juggles with other normals or non-hard knockdown specials can also allow for different air/ground recoveries with differing strike/throw invul timings that can be used to put opponents in weird situations, too. I don't think you can chase air techs with air unblockables though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Autocombos aren't much of a concern since they're more akin to the P4A-style mash A normals where they're unique attacks. In this case, they're also only available after close proximity standing normals. They're often used to help hit confirm or pressure, but optimum damage combos tend to use them as little as possible to reduce scaling on subsequent combo parts.

As another user mentioned, combos are very Street Fighter-ish. Normals generally don't cancel into other normals, so the ones that can combo do so via links. All normals are also special and super cancelable, and specials are not super cancelable. There generally aren't many wild conversions from midscreen except off anti-airs, but corner damage can get pretty wild with EX moves allowing for wallbounce, float, crumple, etc.

Flexibility can greatly vary by character, but generally supers, EX, and sweep combo enders have hard knockdown for safe jumps or other oki setups, probably with different wakeup timings depending on attack, juggle height, etc. Ending juggles with other normals or non-hard knockdown specials can also allow for different air/ground recoveries with differing strike/throw invul timings that can be used to put opponents in weird situations, too. I don't think you can chase air techs with air unblockables though.
Hmm. Not bad. The no special to super canceling is the big restrictor here on combo length and damage because I'd imagine it forces you to use either ex to normals then super or just ex to super as your ender and that sounds rather meter pricey on resources.

I'll have to try it to see how it plays out but the structure sounds rather managed without forcing the same combo routes as I'd feared.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. Not bad. The no special to super canceling is the big restrictor here on combo length and damage because I'd imagine it forces you to use either ex to normals then super or just ex to super as your ender and that sounds rather meter pricey on resources.

Meter doesn't work that way in this game.

Your EX's increase the cooldown on the move, so it's more of planning out your combo such that it ends in a hard knockdown so you can use the setup time to replenish your special or using it to chain into a higher damage combo. LaDiva can corner carry on almost every button, but it uses up every ex instance, which means you can be in the corner in a good position, but have no tools to use.

Basically you're going to have to come up with new combos as using EX's can often block off combo paths. Gran is still a hard number 3 in this game, but I see a lot of people opting to retreat after ex boot or ex dp rather than keeping the pressure on because the lack of access to those moves is too much of a liability.

Bubs looks like....Seth.

I might learn this guy.

Oct 26, 2017
Bubs looks like he's going to eat zoners for breakfast with that teleport that can punish projectiles if done fast enough going by the trailer.

He also has a move that can suck people in, strength based on button pressed so he will be hard to get away from too.

Move descriptions: https://www.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyVersus/comments/f6t7od/chaos_bringer_move_descriptions/

Ability 1 : Black Fly

A projectile that fires black feathers. The Triangle (M) version fires several feathers and is difficult to jump over. Holding down the button charges up the move for multiple hits, and can be done on the Square/Triangle/Circle (L/M/H) versions.

Ability 2: Langelaan Field

An invincible ability. Places a barrier around him that also hits behind him. The Circle(H) version cannot be blocked in the air, so it's useful both against Cross Over and jump-ins.
(George Langelaan wrote The Fly, for reference purposes)

Ability 3: Chaos Calibur

A spinning move that attacks with Bubs' wings. Has a long reach, which makes it easy to use both for combos and for mid-range pokes. The Triangle (M) version hits low, and shrinks Bubs' hurtbox down.

Ability 4: Karma

Places a projectile in front of Bubs that sucks in enemies (only works on airborne enemies if they're in hit stun). The strength of the suction is based on the strength of the button used.

Ability 5: Unisonic

An air-to-ground dive attack. It can be blocked crouching. The move will briefly stop Bubs in the air, so it can be used to bait opponents' anti-air moves. The Circle (H) version will launch them and lead to a combo, especially near the corner.

Unique Action: Shadow Move

Teleports forward. The ending point of the teleport is fixed, but it is faster than regular dashing. Can be used for ambushes, or can be used to try and escape the corner.

Skybound Art 1 : Black Spear

A projectile with some invincibility. Holding down the button will push the projectile forward and turn it into into a multi-hitting attack. This means that hitting it at short range greatly increases the damage.

Skybound Art 2: Ansem (Anthem?)

A command throw with some invulnerability. If the throw succeeds, it flings the opponent away with a black spear. Don't try to react to it, not at close range!

Super Skybound Art: Chaos Legion

A projectile with some invulnerability. Fires countless thorns in front of Bubs. If it hits at close range, it will take them up to the skies, where everyone's favorite Avatar move, Archenemy, brings the fight to an end.

Last edited: