• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get better at using Lancelots unique ability. Keep having matches where I barely use it despite it being useful.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Bubs looks like he's going to eat zoners for breakfast with that teleport that can punish projectiles if done fast enough going by the trailer.

He also has a move that can suck people in, strength based on button pressed so he will be hard to get away from too.

Move descriptions: https://www.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyVersus/comments/f6t7od/chaos_bringer_move_descriptions/
So Ability 5 is what'll come out when you do Ability 4 in the air?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the price of the Character Pass on the HK store makes me wonder if I maybe shouldn't have imported.

Since it's HK$225... and I only have 22... I would need to buy upwards of $35 for just the first Pass which is kind of uh... expensive for 4 characters since technically the 5th one can be unlocked by playing the RPG Mode.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the price of the Character Pass on the HK store makes me wonder if I maybe shouldn't have imported.

Since it's HK$225... and I only have 22... I would need to buy upwards of $35 for just the first Pass which is kind of uh... expensive for 4 characters since technically the 5th one can be unlocked by playing the RPG Mode.

The wait is killing me but that's part of why I didn't jump in right away

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Lol exact same issue with me. $22 left over in my account currently.

Tbh it's not a big deal if you're planning on getting future seasons too. Assuming Season 2 is also $225HK, that's $450HK total minus $22HK equals $428HK. At which point you could buy a $200HK card and three $80HK cards to make $440HK total. Pretty close.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017

Yesterday during Woolie's stream I managed to get a match as Gran in at the very end, this was probably the best moment of the 3 game set.

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much good guest art in the gallery. Hadnt really looked at it until now.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Man, this game is a lot of fun.

Loving all the character both in looks and different play styles, music and art is fantastic as well.

I jumped right in with a friend doing versus matches, gotta do a bunch of tutorials to learn all the mechanics.

Pizzarella

Jun 1, 2019

Didn't see anyone post this sneak preview of Djeeta's fighting style. It seems they want to make her a less ignorant version of Gran, but with slightly weaker footsies than Katalina. So it looks like they are making Dvegeta kinda sound like a Sakura type shoto , if she were to be compared to Katalina/Ryu or Gran/Ken.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I had the same thing happen. I solved it by changing my weapons grid to HP based instead of attack based (also level up all of the weapons as much as possible). This gives you waaaaay more HP. You could also double equip the healing ability on your own and secondary character. It made the battle way easier for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Didn't see anyone post this sneak preview of Djeeta's fighting style. It seems they want to make her a less ignorant version of Gran, but with slightly weaker footsies than Katalina. So it looks like they are making Dvegeta kinda sound like a Sakura type shoto , if she were to be compared to Katalina/Ryu or Gran/Ken.

That's what I was hoping

Gran as Ryu, Katalina as Chun Li, and Djeeta as Sakura.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad she's not exact clone at least. I would have preferred a different class for the other MC, but a little too late for that.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game enhanced for Pro? I saw the new Chaos Bringer 4K trailer and it looks like native resolution. It definitely doesn't look like an upscaled 1080p capture.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I got my characters down pretty well. I just suck against Meteras because my biggest struggle is still throwing specials out due to incorrect input timing.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game enhanced for Pro? I saw the new Chaos Bringer 4K trailer and it looks like native resolution. It definitely doesn't look like an upscaled 1080p capture.
No. None of Arc's games are (pretty sure no fighters are other than DoA6, with that not yielding anything noteworthy).

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I had the same thing happen. I solved it by changing my weapons grid to HP based instead of attack based (also level up all of the weapons as much as possible). This gives you waaaaay more HP. You could also double equip the healing ability on your own and secondary character. It made the battle way easier for me.

Yo it worked! Thanks for the tip

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I just played against you as ferry in ranked Mesoian . GGs! You would've had me multiple times if ex dp didn't save my ass, haha.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, the matchmaking in this game needs a once over, "Fastest Connection" continually results in 0 red bar connections.

I'm pretty sure I just played against you as ferry in ranked Mesoian . GGs! You would've had me multiple times if ex dp didn't save my ass, haha.

GG's.

I have yet to find the answer for the LaDiva v Ferry matchup. Starting to think there isn't one.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yup. The downside to importing. Your tied to buying all DLC through the same store which can be veeeery expensive.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to find the answer for the LaDiva v Ferry matchup. Starting to think there isn't one.
Once you get Ferry in the corner there's not much she can do to get out except ex dp. If you block at the end of one of your combo strings you can bait out a dp and that leaves her completely open for you to wreck her shit.

The first time you got me in the corner I think I lost 75% health.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Christ, I have lost 4 in a row from several variations of the game eating a quarter circle forward.

I need to take a fucking break. The online in this game makes me so frustrated.

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've lost... *counts*... almost all of my online matches so far (I did win a few rounds here and there). It has been a while since I played a fighting game. Last time was around the release of DBFZ and I feel there were a lot less skilled players playing that game. Still, it's nothing dramatic yet. I have played less than 50 online matches and tried several characters. I'm liking Metera a lot when I can play my 'arrows game', but have a lot of trouble when other characters manage to get up close.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've lost... *counts*... almost all of my online matches so far (I did win a few rounds here and there). It has been a while since I played a fighting game. Last time was around the release of DBFZ and I feel there were a lot less skilled players playing that game. Still, it's nothing dramatic yet. I have played less than 50 online matches and tried several characters. I'm liking Metera a lot when I can play my 'arrows game', but have a lot of trouble when other characters manage to get up close.

A lot of the people who imported will be those who are way into fighting games so online will be rough until it comes out in the US.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
SC6 and T7 aren't pro enhanced? Thought they were for sure...
Both are actually. On Pro they reach full 1080p when on the base console they are 900p-ish.

Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 (in addition to T7 and SC6) are also Pro enhanced and reach 1440p resolution.
Hm, a slight difference with SCVI and T7 then. Would explain why no one ever really talks about that, other than both being underwhelming as is by current gen standards (seems it was my mistake concluding that there were no Pro enhancements after recalling there weren't any X enhancements). The NRS exceptions aren't too surprising, too bad about the animations even if their modeling has improved though.

Either way, my apologies for the error.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
continually results in 0 red bar connections.
0 red bar and 1 purple bar are all I ever see, likely due to my location, and they are no where near as bad as they imply. All of my matches are around 4 or 5 frames which obviously isn't great, but is nowhere what you'd imagine a 0 bar connection to be. The frustrating thing for me is it means most of the time, people decline ranked matches because these incorrect bars are scaring them away.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Go1 says he think Gran, Kat and Lanc are top with Lanc being the best! First top player I've seen who doesn't think Ferry is top tier!

For context I guess lol:

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I already found it weird that people had been ignoring Lancelot after what a pain in the ass he was during the beta, considering nothing seemed to change with him.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Kat looks like my usual archetype in fighting games, but I think when I get GBVS on US release, I'm gonna try to learn someone out of my usual wheelhouse. Currently thinking Ferry.