• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If so Nintendo got really lucky with the Switch 2 delay, so Mario won't have to compete against Astro.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
I'm more excited for a new Astro Bot game than anything else PlayStation seemingly has cooking, so this pleases me.

Oct 25, 2017
iu

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
New Astrobot would be day 1 for me. I loved the tech demo pack-in with the PS5.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Genuinely, a new Astrobot would be my TLOU3/Horizon 3 (even though I'd love those too).

Full quote from Grubb

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Quote:

"They [SIE] said in a financial report that they don't have any major franchise follow-up / sequels coming from any of their first-party studios this year, and that's their fiscal year, so through March of 2025. And that can feel kind of barren, but that doesn't mean that they don't have a lot of games that are from these newer studios, or partner games from Square Enix or whoever else. They probably do have a number of games to talk about... And also, I do keep hearing that there will be some smaller first-party games like that Astro game that is supposedly still happening this year."

Anyway, even without Jeff's statement, this was already known. Concord and Until Dawn are already confirmed for release this year, and Jeff has already shared the Astro stuff in the past.

Derbel McDillet

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 23, 2022
If so Nintendo got really lucky with the Switch 2 delay, so Mario won't have to compete against Astro.
Shots fired.

Curious to finally give Astro a try, but it's too much going on. Just got the PS5, started Spider-Man 2, started Ratchet & Clank yesterday, also picked up The World of Assassination yesterday on sale and I'm also super behind at work so I'll be working evenings and this weekend.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
After Astro's Playroom I would be locked in for a full fledged Astro game day one. I don't have PSVR2 so I hope it's a flat game as well.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
So Astro will be the game they'll release to sell us on PS5Pro? I was hoping they atleast have GoT 2 or something.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Would love a new Astro title so hopefully, we'll see this one come true later this year.

Would also be cool for Sony to do smaller titles again, much like when they did Uncharted: Lost Legacy and Concrete Genie. If they've got gaps in their release schedule for first party releases beyond their GAAS titles, then doing stuff akin to those definitely helps fill those spots.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Astro playroom is so creative. A full fledged Astro PS5 will totally be a banger platformer that I desperately need right now.

Edit: With Sony making PSVR2 compatible with PC and Astro possibly being a hybrid game I wonder if they are going to do day 1 PC release with it. It would be huge for them if they do it

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I don't consider Astro Bot a smaller game. It's bigger to me than almost anything else Sony do.

Please be VR only.

Toiletduck

Dec 10, 2017
Astro's Playroom is fantastic, both on the PS5 with the DualSense and the PlayStation Portal.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
What does he/Sony consider a smaller game aside from Astrobot and I guess the Until Dawn remake. HD2 sure but it's already been released.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
I sure hope that this Astro game isn't tied to/exclusive to the rumored PS5 Pro. Sony seems to use Astro as a means to showcase new hardware. Rescue Mission was a VR exclusive. Play Room was a PS5 exclusive in an era when many Sony games were cross-gen.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Just because Astro Bot won't do Helldivers or Spider-Man numbers doesn't make it not Sony's biggest
in my heart
game of the year.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Astro is lovely so hell yea.
So Astro will be the game they'll release to sell us on PS5Pro? I was hoping they atleast have GoT 2 or something.
PS4 Pro didnt have a "big launch title" either, pro consoles have thus far launched more so with upgrades to existing games and 3rd party games.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
They're not tent pole franchises, sure, but smaller game? Depends on what they define is "small" I guess, since I imagine at least Concords budget is still "AAA".
A $50 million game is low compared to the premium $200 million games they put out, aside from licensing fees that push the budget higher.

Deap92x

Jun 1, 2021
To me astro's playsroom was a huge surprise. Couldnt stop smiling from beginning to end what a fantastic game.