Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like at least an announcement next week, hope it's a showcase over a SoP. Would be funny if it's in June so people get mad at Grubb for being 95% correct and act like he doesn't know anything. /s

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
a state of play (instead of a shawcase) this time of year doesnt make much sense to me, but we'll see i guess.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
People admit that Sony is random with their events and holds and announces them when they want to.

But it is impossible to think that they abandon the one week notice and announce a showcase on Tuesday and hold the event a day or two later.

Oct 25, 2017
People admit that Sony is random with their events and holds and announces them when they want to.

But it is impossible to think that they abandon the one week notice and announce a showcase on Tuesday and hold the event a day or two later.

I'm pretty sure we've had this debate before and people just associate patterns to the way Sony does things and there really isn't one.

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Insiders are the same in every industry
I work with NFL Draft insiders if they hit 50% they are great at getting good info
Most people can have a job /get the right contacts at 30%
Since people need constant content
The amount of misinformation fed to insiders is beyond comprehension to a fan
Why
The Team is a smokescreen
The agent is pushing an agenda another agent is telling lies to push his client into a conversation that doesn't exist.
ETC Etc …
Gaming conglomerates are no different they feed info when they want to and occasionally someone gets a scoop about the bad corpos do

It's the same with european football: the coach has his agenda, the players have their agendas, their agents have their agendas, the owner has his agenda, the various executives have their agenda, the press, etc etc

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
I feel like I've been hearing about an upcoming PS showcase that never actually happens since september last year, hopefully this time it's for real

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I also believe it's happening in May but it might be State of Play, just be prepared potentially.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Sounds like at least an announcement next week, hope it's a showcase over a SoP. Would be funny if it's in June so people get mad at Grubb for being 95% correct and act like he doesn't know anything. /s
If he said it's in May and it's in June, how is that 95% correct? I'd understand 50% if it was announced in May, but 95% seems high. 🤔

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Possible announcement today for next Thursday. Let the hype fizz over the US long Weekend.

Plague-Doctor

Oct 23, 2023
If the announcement is so close to the event, it will be a state of play, right?

It doesn't have to be. Sony can do whatever they want. They could shadow drop a showcase. They could announce a showcase occurring in an hour. They could announce a SoP 3 months in advance. Sony's only pattern is they have no pattern

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be. Sony can do whatever they want. They could shadow drop a showcase. They could announce a showcase occurring in an hour. They could announce a SoP 3 months in advance. Sony's only pattern is they have no pattern
Yeah. Sony and patterns just don't mix.
Maybe they hate being predictable.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands

If the announcement is so close to the event, it will be a state of play, right?

Just to be clear I have no confirmed inside information worth speaking of I'm basing this on, mostly past experiences that form well educated guesses that make me say this. Just emphasizing this before its getting a life of its own lol. Me and some colleagues have a whatsapp group and I keep saying Im certain its gonna be may. I have my pride riding on this damnit!

Im guessing its going to be a Showcase though.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Just to be clear I have no confirming inside information I'm basing this on, other than past experiences that make me say this. Just emphasizing this before its getting a life of its own lol. Me and some colleagues have a whatsapp group and I keep saying Im certain its gonna be may. I have my pride riding on this damnit!

Im guessing its going to be a Showcase though.
oh ok 👍, We'll see next week

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Well, I know Sony doesn't have a set pattern. My question was precisely about the pattern that this generation has been following, announcements a week in advance.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Well, I know Sony doesn't have a set pattern. My question was precisely about the pattern that this generation has been following, announcements a week in advance.
announcement and release whitin the same week already happened this gen, it was the very first showcase ("The Future of Gaming"). In that case the show was first announced a week in advance, than delayed due to BLM, than reannounced 3 days in advance, on a monday.
Even if it was a special case, it still means that a short period is not ruled out

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
notitle_506_20240524151841.png