• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
"It's going to be photo-realistic, but it's going to have on top of that, anime elements," Grubb said.

He added: "You know when you see a car commercial or something like that and the car's driving around, but then cartoons flames and stuff are flying off it? That's the kind of the aesthetic that they seem to be going for."

Grubb also explained that some of the franchise's popular multiplayer suite would return.

"Autolog is back for multiplayer, you can customise all the pieces of your car, that's back," he said. Autolog was the in-game social network in previous Need for Speed titles that would allow players to access multiplayer content.

Finally, Grubb claimed that the game would be set in a fictionalised version of Chicago called Lake Shore City.

"Criterion wants to make it feel like a real city, even though it's a fictionalised version of a city," he explained.

www.videogameschronicle.com

The new Need for Speed’s aesthetic will reportedly have ‘anime elements’ | VGC

The year’s rumoured Need for Speed title will adopt a “photo-realistic” art style, mixed with anime elements, it has been claimed.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Well, that lines up kind of with the leaked footage of a NFS game from a year or so back. Looks like they were kind of testing that style. I think anime isn't the right word here, there's just cartoonish effects for smoke/trails etc.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that lines up kind of with the leaked footage of a NFS game from a year or so back. Looks like they were kind of testing that style. I think anime isn't the right word here, there's just cartoonish effects for smoke/trails etc.

Eh dont know. Need to see fully done gameplay to know if i like this idea

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I've always said anime aesthetics are the one thing they could do to get me to buy one of these games. So if they're actually doing it....I'm in, baby.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
I'm down with fictional Chicago…the rest?…..

biiig facts here, last game i remember having Chicago in it was Watch Dogs and it was a very, very weird version of it. I'm sure it's in The Crew 1 & 2 as well but haven't personally played those.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

I might like this direction. Looks pretty good even at that state.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
when chicago is mentioned in a videgoame context ill always immediately think of Midtown Madness. Was so good!

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
7-383442.jpg

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
when chicago is mentioned in a videgoame context ill always immediately think of Midtown Madness. Was so good!

holy shit yes!! i played those games endlessly back in the day! crazy to think how they evolved into the Midnight Club series

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want 2 things:
1. 60fps (it will have a 60fps mode 99%)
2. Please don't use cringy cutscenes with some boys and girls who like to show themselves cool. I really HATE those types of characters in some NFS games. :|

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

It looks ... fine, but out of place in this image. I especially don't like the wispy trail thing it's super distracting

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Autolog returns

Based Criterion

First NfS I'm interested in since Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted

Jul 5, 2018
Not sure how onboard I am with the weird hybrid approach from that leaked video.

Didn't realize I wanted a full on anime racer until now. Give me slow mo drifts with character close up split screens, motion blur for days, the whole 9 yards.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
if done right, any idea can turn into a good game. no matter how dumb it sounds (and to be fair it DOES sound dumb)

hope they dont ditch the car customization

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Reminds me of the riotgames/fortiche animation style where vfx like smoke and explosions are done in 2D

8e6f6971a37a708c4ce02018b8a90b43e47f3878.gif