• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
implications are not peaceful at all. You can have the same rally with the same message without the assault weapons. They are attempting to intimidate.

I swear when we make the laws we need to put a "don't be an asshole" clause in it.

Don't be an asshole clause as well as maybe these hundreds of years old laws don't quite work in modern society and we should look at amending them. But that would require multiple parties coming to the table with a level head.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
If people of color living or working in Richmond VA felt afraid or uncomfortable going outside this morning, it wasn't peaceful.

"Peace" does not just mean an absence of physical violence

I agree with you I just think the media is trying to prevent anything worse from happening. That doesn't mean what they are doing is correct.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Calling it peaceful is lying. It's acquiescing to terrorists. It was a threatening Nazi rally meant to give other closet Nazis courage.

I agree with you, I just interpreted the media response as an attempt at de escalation. That doesn't mean lying about what is happening is correct though. You are right about giving others courage. Not good.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'm highly suspicious of anyone who views this as a "peaceful" protest and I just assume they are sympathetic to white supremacism.

Oct 27, 2017
The media is defending white supremacy. As they're wont to do most of the time.
This is the beginning of a big problem. The media just let the Nazi's rewrite history, forgetting about Heather Heyer. These scumfucks should never be praised for not being violent today. They should be derided for even showing their faces. They should be chastised for terrorizing the city. These fuckers are 'tongue in cheek' planning a race war and people think they're kidding. They aren't. They're real Nazis. How many more have to die before we crack down on them? For fucks sake if the FBI hadn't been as incompetent as they usually are, this rally probably would have been extremely violent.

Oct 29, 2017
duf2D1k.png
That seal in his right hand is one fuck of a foreshadowing.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the media wouldn't call this a gun rights rally. I guess it technically is, but it's clearly a white supremacist rally first and foremost. it seems like they've learned nothing.

it's interesting that Trump is tweeting out so much support for it considering what happened last time

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

Officials say 22,000 were at today's rally. 7,000 on the Capitol grounds and 15,000 in the streets.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised no one ever throws a bunch of fire crackers in the crowds at these rallies to see if shit starts popping off

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
"The left are just as bad". Nope. This is a barelgy organised militia.
"The idea there could be a civil war is ridiculous". Look at this barely organised militia.
"Guns protect us from a rogue government". You have a rogue government and they have these people on their side. Also ANY govt had drones and missiles now.

VOTE. TRUMP. OUT.
VOTE. GOP. OUT.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile on CNN's front page...

c0ezH9i_d.jpg

Sure, let's show a "nice white couple" holding hands at the Nazi rally specifically planned on MLK Jr Day and call it peaceful, then imply the concerns about it were overblown.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
I wish the media wouldn't call this a gun rights rally. I guess it technically is, but it's clearly a white supremacist rally first and foremost. it seems like they've learned nothing.

it's interesting that Trump is tweeting out so much support for it considering what happened last time

If makes logical sense why he is tweeting his nonsense, he knows which people to be courting for his reelection. I don't even know if Trump actually believes in half the shit he "supports", he's just playing the masses like fools.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me please how the fuck is that a legal weapon to own!?

when civilians wanted to use the same sniper chamebring anti tanks rounds than the army used, ATF said... well, it could be dangerous to put a semi automatic rifle with such precision and power on the public market ? But lobbies said its too big to conceal so no one would use it wrongly and ATF said that argument was good enough.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
How do we stop this?

I, an uneducated buffoon, have some ideas, but surely there are people better than me who could stop these things from happening?

Oh right, this is America.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks.

Dumb, super dumb considering the crowd it's flying in, but not as bad as it could've been I guess.
It's an extension of that dumbass 2A image that get passed around Twitter and Facebook with Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc. disarming citizens. Saw a lot of it this morning while following the rally.

Too bad no one is being disarmed. No one is having their guns taken away. Morons.

Oct 25, 2017
when civilians wanted to use the same sniper chamebring anti tanks rounds than the army used, ATF said... well, it could be dangerous to put a semi automatic rifle with such precision and power on the public market ? But lobbies said its too big to conceal so no one would use it wrongly and ATF said that argument was good enough.
.50 cal are illegal in California, our state was worried people were literally going to snipe refineries with that large of a caliber. But I'm sure there are greattttt reasons why that fucker is able to own one and walk around with it. Jesus.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Had to mute a conversation on Twitter some now because I called a group of protestors "Fragile White Men" and ended up triggering too many folks. I engaged for a bit but eventually it's just tiring.