Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
This final weekly is whack as hell. Doesn't help that I've burned myself out on this shitty mode already, but 5 killing sprees in Fiesta is really RNG ... I got shut out at four kills 6 times across 3 matches lol. Someone yeets out of nowhere with a rocket on my fourth kill each time.

Much preferred last week's final weekly as I could at least play the only good playlist (ranked) at will.
The challenge is to end someone else's spree, rather than get a spree for yourself. It's ended up happening for me once every few matches, depending on how good the other team is.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not someone who cares about customisation or battlepass or any of that. My spartan is still using all the defaults. I just wanna kill people yo.

However, i've played this game quite a lot and took a look at the customisation stuff and I have to say I'm surprised at how little i've unlocked given my game time. So I can fully understand why those who like customisation and progression are quite annoyed by this game.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I wish you could pin an active challenge or two on the scoreboard in-game, as a reminder, and a way to track before the match ends.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So did they shadowbuff the commando too? I got a session in this morning and I was wrecking shop with it. Felt like they toned down the rng… of course it's possible I was just getting lucky.

Also, I'm playing on xcloud and finally decided to adjust my field of view. going up to 95 from whatever the default was has been a game changer.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So I had event challenges in my challenge docket, played matches in other modes, then when I tried Fiesta and had completed the qualifications for those challenges, they had seemingly disappeared by the end of the round, I have no available event challenges displaying in the docket and I earned zero XP for the event.

The fuck is that?

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
IMO:

Good:
BR, AR, Sniper, Rockets, Cindershot, Sword, Hammer, Shock Rifle, Stalker Rifle, Mangler, Skewer

Viable:
Bulldog (almost good though), Sidekick, Commando, Sentinel Beam, Needler, Plasma Pistol (for shield pop), Heatwave

Not good:
Hydra, Disruptor, Ravager, Pulse Carbine
It's funny because holding the Hydra or Ravager make you feel like you're ready to kick some ass, but it just never pans out. Hydra's splash damage is pathetic and Ravager is just too slow!

The Disruptor is excellent at group encounters and for chasing enemies down or gimping vehicles from a distance. One of my favorite new weapons easily, but I can understand why people wouldnt feel that way in Fiesta when some people are spawning with rockets.
The Disruptor is interesting in that it delays shield recharge. Good for tagging a player that everyone is after (ball carrier, flag carrier, etc). I think it would be more viable if the effect lasted a bit longer. It is a joke in Fiesta though because the return fire is much stronger

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
To me, most of the weapons are pretty good.

I wanted the AR nerf to remove headshot bonus all together. But requiring more headshots is probably the right answer because it allows for some skill gap between AR users while still allowing more difficult guns to have a chance to beat it.

The sidekick could be good if they ditch the RNG. It's fun to use, but also really frustrating at times. Especially sidekick v sidekick. The best strategy is to spam, because that affords the quickest kill time. Someone who is using "trigger discipline" as 343 put it, runs an elevated risk of dying to someone who is lucky. It's just not right.

commando would be great if they ditched bloom. Recoil is enough to balance that weapon.

The Ravager is pure trash. It does basically no splash damage. And even if you perfectly land all three shots in a burst, you haven't really done enough damage to make the effort worthwhile.

the pulse carbine is my little secret I guess. Everyone hates it, but it's at worst- a long range plasma pistol, that you don't have to charge. Just fire one burst and clean them up with a precision weapon. At best it melts anyone caught out in the open with little effort. It's also a turret gunners worst nightmare because they are stuck on a straight line path.

Mangler, spiker , sentinel beam and shock rifle kills are sooo satisfying.

this iteration of the hydra is much better than Halo 5s. And the cindershot is a fine grenade launcher , and I'm sure we'll get some highlights out of the alt fire.

I couldn't ask for better equipment implementation. Hopefully we get even more equipment as this title lives on.

all in all, I don't think we've had a sandbox this good out of the box since Halo CE.

Last edited:

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Locking challenges behind game modes is trash considering you have no option to choose what mode you play. I shouldn't have to play for hours without the game mode I need coming up in quick play.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I am all for community feedback and asking for changes, but the hostility about the battle pass and unlock speed is too much for me. I know some people have said "It's not a beta, they have items for sale" ..but it still really is, the game is in early preview at best. They said when they started the beta: "Your progression will carry over when we officially release the game on Dec 8th." So I hope the community can calm down a bit, they are listening. 343's multiplayer team is on a break before and on Thanksgiving week, so any changes are probably a week or more away.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Saw some people talking shit on the pulse carbine overnight… back up 😤 like literally, back up. That thing shreds at long range

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Having a weird graphical issue where I can see through some geometry. It's actually given me the edge in some cases.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I've been having some semi-decent fun with Halo Infinite since it launched by playing randos online but last night I played with my Brother, his friend, and my Cousin in 2v2s (first to 50 kills), and my god, it was SUPER fun. Extremely tense matches with one ending 50-48. This definitely made me sit back and look at how fun this game can be.

On that note, is it even possible to do free for all? We couldn't figure it out last night so resorted to 2v2s.
Yeah you can do Free For All. It's listed in the 343i game modes. FFA Slayer and FFA Oddball are there.
Saw some people talking shit on the pulse carbine overnight… back up 😤 like literally, back up. That thing shreds at long range
Idk how to use it lol. Have 0 kills with it. Had to use a challenge swap on a pulse carbine kills challenge.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Again, I'm reminded of why I stay away from these kinds of games. My experience is usually (not always) take a couple steps of forward, BRRT, I'm dead, respawn, look around, BRRT, I'm dead, respawn, run like the dickens, BRRT, I'm dead, etc. My apologies to anyone who had the misfortune of ending up in my team.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I am all for community feedback and asking for changes, but the hostility about the battle pass and unlock speed is too much for me. I know some people have said "It's not a beta, they have items for sale" ..but it still really is, the game is in early preview at best. They said when they started the beta: "Your progression will carry over when we officially release the game on Dec 8th." So I hope the community can calm down a bit, they are listening. 343's multiplayer team is on a break before and on Thanksgiving week, so any changes are probably a week or more away.

Yeah I'm done reading replies on Twitter that are Halo related and I left the Halo subreddit as well. The amount of entitlement, hostility, and flat out ignorance being spewed is to much.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Curious as to why some theater matches are watchable but others aren't?
I have one that crashes the game after skipping around a bit. It also takes about 3 minutes to start. I suspect there's some desynchronisation or latency in that specific game that buggered everything up (I had a barely touched banshee just straight up explode on me mid-flight in that game) combined with the fact we're in beta so some polish/bug fixes are probably still required.

They've stated that games captured before the 8th won't be playable in the theatre after the official launch so I'm hoping there's some fixes being applied at the same time.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Not only do I hate the Ravager, 343 does too!

That's why as soon as I get a challenge to get a kill with one it doesn't show up anywhere in Fiesta for three matches in a row!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I have one that crashes the game after skipping around a bit. It also takes about 3 minutes to start. I suspect there's some desynchronisation or latency in that specific game that buggered everything up (I had a barely touched banshee just straight up explode on me mid-flight in that game) combined with the fact we're in beta so some polish/bug fixes are probably still required.

They've stated that games captured before the 8th won't be playable in the theatre after the official launch so I'm hoping there's some fixes being applied at the same time.
Second question, is there anyway to download theater matches because that would be ideal. The worst thing about playing on PC is that the share button on controllers doesn't have a function. 😅

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017

Yeah people need to chill with the hostility, but let's also be clear here, the battle pass progression and the battle pass system itself is a simple accounting decision, it's a cash grab.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Again, I'm reminded of why I stay away from these kinds of games. My experience is usually (not always) take a couple steps of forward, BRRT, I'm dead, respawn, look around, BRRT, I'm dead, respawn, run like the dickens, BRRT, I'm dead, etc. My apologies to anyone who had the misfortune of ending up in my team.

Sometimes the enemy team is just better than yours and there's not really much you can do. However, if I'm having a rough match I just stick close to one or more of my teammates to get the benefit of team-shooting.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Much speculation: Forge and Co-op may be further delayed because 343 might have to prioritize making the progression system more fair.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Second question, is there anyway to download theater matches because that would be ideal. The worst thing about playing on PC is that the share button on controllers doesn't have a function. 😅
Not sure about PC but definitely not on Xbox. You need to screen record and just play the theatre clip (or just grab the most interesting parts).

Even if you could copy the theatre clips to another location on PC they won't be playable on the build released in the 8th so capturing them into video form is the best way to preserve them.

Reminds me of when Bungie introduced their video transcribing service in Halo 3. I even paid for a few clips back in the day.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So, coming from Battlefield this feels so incredibly polished, elegant even. It runs smooth as hell, it looks clean af and the UI is straightforward to navigate.

One thing that bothers me though: Even the highest aiming sensitivity setting feels slow as hell. Is there anything I can do about that?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
My enjoyment has tanked with the simple nerfing of the AR. It was in a perfect place and didn't need nerfing, they need to buff crappy weapons

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I'm probably going to stop playing fiesta forever after I'm done with the event lmao. This mode can be really infuriating, not entirely sure what's different about it compared to MCC's which I love. Did everyone have the same, rotating random weapon in MCC or something along those lines?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to do a complete rethink on the actual challenges themselves.

Currently they're far too RNG based, often have an over-reliance on other people (even the other team!), are crazy unbalanced with regards to difficulty vs reward and encourage the player to change their playstyle which often negatively impacts the game.

I'd suggest that a few things:

- Kill based challenges should be limited to slayer to stop discouraging players from playing the objective.

- Kill and assist challenges should be grouped (ie: instead of having a challenge of 'Get 30 assists' the challenge should be 'Get 30 kills/assists in PvP Slayer'). Assists should be encouraged but not at the expense of avoiding getting kills.

- Performance based challenges in objective modes (ie: 'Capture 10 flags') should be team based rather than purely on individual performance. This encourages both playing the objective and working as a team rather than playing the objective to the detriment of your team. It would also balance some of the points rewards - capturing ten flags yourself is waaaaay harder than say getting 3 kills with the mangler but it only awards marginally more pointsCapturing ten flags as a team is only 2 wins in CTF.

- Get rid of the RNG vehicle based objectives completely.

- Get rid of the challenges which require you to complete a set number of a given game mode until we have more granular control over what game modes we can play. Instead have "Play X matches in quickplay" etc.

- Get rid of any challenges which require events outside of the players hands, eg: get 3 killjoys.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah people need to chill with the hostility, but let's also be clear here, the battle pass progression and the battle pass system itself is a simple accounting decision, it's a cash grab.
Free-to-play games are cash grabs and I have never cared for the progression systems in these types of games. Yet, it seems to be what people want, so I will hope, for the health of this game, the community can get what they need here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
My enjoyment has tanked with the simple nerfing of the AR. It was in a perfect place and didn't need nerfing, they need to buff crappy weapons
Some of the weapons feel like they're most likely insanely powerful in the campaign but had to account for balance as to not dominant. The ravager in particular probably decimates campaigns enemies.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Ravager in it's current form feels like something that should be removed. It's like, a mild annoyance gun in the shape of a power weapon.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
So, coming from Battlefield this feels so incredibly polished, elegant even. It runs smooth as hell, it looks clean af and the UI is straightforward to navigate.

One thing that bothers me though: Even the highest aiming sensitivity setting feels slow as hell. Is there anything I can do about that?

Reduce the deadzone settings, maybe all the way down to 0. Training mode is great for testing controller settings.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Idk how to use it lol. Have 0 kills with it. Had to use a challenge swap on a pulse carbine kills challenge.
You can literally slowly staff side to side to dodge the orbs it fires like an old man version of Neo.

This is a pretty good vid on it. I find people have trouble responding to it at a long range, especially with the base AR/Sidekick loadout. Once the tracking on the orbs kicks in it really comes into its own
Had a challenge to KILL 20 people with it. It's great on shredding shields. Not so much on the kill
Yeah I'll give you that, I've gotten some kills with it but shields is what it does best

Deleted member 35478

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Free-to-play games are cash grabs and I have never cared for the progression systems in these types of games. Yet, it seems to be what people want, so I will hope, for the health of this game, the community can get what they need here.

My personal issue with this BP is that it is encouraging people not to play the objective, there is an actual in game reward for not playing the objectives. If people want to spend money on BP and grind it, that's fine with me, but the BP should not impact gameplay for everyone else. People running around trying to get in a warthog turret to get kills towards a BP challenge vs trying to capture a flag or even play near the objective, that's bs.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Uhm. Okay? I don't get it to be honest.

The monetisation in the game is placed very defensively for a F2P game. Halo Infinite needs work around its systems and I am vocal about that -- progression and matchmaking in particular -- but that's not one of them.

I think some people should check out other F2P games and how these things can look, with in-your-face pop-ups, bundle ads, credits reminder, start/lobby screens completely loaded with mtx shortcuts, and so much more. In fact, it's pretty easy to overlook the shop right now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35478

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Has anyone online figure that gun out??? cant think of any situation where its useful. I guess the charge is good for objective based modes where you have to stay in one spot?

The charge is the only somewhat useful thing going for the ravenger. It's the worst weapon in the game by far.

Also sad the AR was nerfed, Infinite was the first time the AR felt good. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.