• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the game has a 120fps option on XSX, even if it has to be the Xbox One visuals at 1080p or something.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I hope the game has a 120fps option on XSX, even if it has to be the Xbox One visuals at 1080p or something.

Halo Infinite multiplayer on base Xbox one should run at 1080p 60fps after reconstruction with much improved visuals over Halo 5. 343i has a new engine and increased familiarity with the hardware.

Considering that Xsx has something like 20x the graphical capabilities of the base xb1 not counting RT, I expect near native 4k120 locked without a problem.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Semi-off topic, but is there really no main "Halo" mobile app for stat tracking (MCC, 5, eventually Infinite)? All I have is the Halo Channel which hasn't been updated in like 4 years. Hopefully a new one is launching with the new game.

M1917

Dec 28, 2019
I remember the last time I used the app, was just to watch the Halo Wars 2 Comic-Con panel and literally they did nothing with it after afaik.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Semi-off topic, but is there really no main "Halo" mobile app for stat tracking (MCC, 5, eventually Infinite)? All I have is the Halo Channel which hasn't been updated in like 4 years. Hopefully a new one is launching with the new game.

I don't think we ever had an app that supported stats, especially not on mobile. 343i's Halo apps were largely for videos and streams.

Maybe this is something that will happen with the HaloWaypoint redesign, though.

No, 70 is the FOV of Halo.

Largely correct, but we definitely have some variety in FOV and got as low as 55° and as high as 108° on consoles:

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive38.pl?read=1138638

I actually played both CE and 2 on a 4:3 screen back in the day, which is something I wouldn't be able to do anymore, I think. Kinda crazy.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Man, just seeing the Halo.Bungie.Org posts really brings back some old memories

Hell even the old Bungie.net (I think its referred to as halo.bungie.net) feels like a lifetime ago

Deleted member 64241

User requested account closure
Mar 2, 2020
Earth
A game getting updated after the fact isn't the same as 343i designing Infinite with Series X in mind.

And if you don't think the SlipSpace engine was designed with direct knowledge of exactly what the Xbox hardware team was planning, you're naïve.
Just use the ignore feature. The concern trolling is remarkable, and his posts are not worth debating. He will eat crow when Infinite is shown in full glory on XSX hardware.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just seeing the Halo.Bungie.Org posts really brings back some old memories

Hell even the old Bungie.net (I think its referred to as halo.bungie.net) feels like a lifetime ago
Yea man, the Bungie.net stats were ahead of their time with the heat maps, advanced stats, etc. Even the match viewer off of the data was insane. Even current games don't go to that level.

GuiltyGB

Apr 6, 2020
Can't wait to see what 343 has in store for Warzone 2.0. They already did PvP with PvE in H5.. will they add br to that mix too?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True story.

Halo 4 to 5 Cortana is the only time she's looked the same in the series. It's actually the first time the series has had consistency in art design.

The marines looked completely different in each version.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
honestly just proves to me how unnecessary sprint is when the same effect of increased speed can be achieved by a slider in a graphics menu.

Problem is you cant just put a game on 120fov and call it a day. Its fine for pc gaming maybe. But not for console gaming.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Halo doesn't need a higher FOV, it'd be nice though. But a higher base speed and removal of sprint would be absolutely glorious.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Halo doesn't need a higher FOV, it'd be nice though. But a higher base speed and removal of sprint would be absolutely glorious.
Every game should have the option tho on console. Even more FPS games.
Love that Battlefield includes for a couple of games now. Never saw a impact on performance also. And 90FOV for BF is great.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I was watching some old HCS games the other day and jumped back into Halo 5 which I haven't played for a few years. I forgot just how good Halo 5 multiplayer is. Feels fantastic to play especially after playing COD Warzone and Apex. It has a distinctly Halo feel and the movement with the thrust pack is great.

It also reinforced my opinion that sprint really is fine. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the fact it's tied to shield recharge really does balance it well. If you watch pro games, they are very cautions when using sprint because of the shield recharge and time to fire from sprint.

For me personally, the HCS competitive playlists with no shoulder charge or ground pound is the sweet spot.

Falounay

Nov 9, 2017
I know, toys leaks AGAIN, but looks like the Spike Grenade is back!

Source on Instagram : @megaplayants
o7y1dNab_o.jpg

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
At this point the whole game is gonna leak on a USB drive that is gonna come with one of these toys lol.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of MCC lately, and here's what I 100% do not want in Halo Infinite MP in any form:

• Non-sprint abilities, specifically armor lock. Completely ruined Reach MP.
  • Any kind of reticle bloom.
  • Non-hitscan. It's pretty painful playing Halo 3 immediately after Halo 2 and seeing bullets/shots miss because you have to lead them. Not to mention the bullet spread. Oof.
  • Delete the DMR.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
:
I've been playing a lot of MCC lately, and here's what I 100% do not want in Halo Infinite MP in any form:

• Non-hitscan. It's pretty painful playing Halo 3 immediately after Halo 2 and seeing bullets/shots miss because you have to lead them. Not to mention the bullet spread. Oof.
  • Delete the DMR.

I like how they handled the de-tuned dmr in 5

Oct 26, 2017

• Delete the DMR.
Well these are pretty safe bets. They may go from hitscan to projectile if they want to keep the door open for a Battle Royale mode, but otherwise all of these issues have been resolved by Halo 5. The DMR is still in Halo 5, but it's pretty balanced and a 5SK.

Also that FOV video was refreshing, god I hope they throw sprint in the trash where it belongs and just stick to thrusters (which I think are a genuinely good contribution to Halo's movement)

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding hitscan, net code technology has improved dramatically since Halo 3.

I generally like the implementations that utilize hitscan for short to medium range, then apply travel time after a certain distance (like Modern Warfare 2019).

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

I generally like the implementations that utilize hitscan for short to medium range, then apply travel time after a certain distance (like Modern Warfare 2019).

unfortunately for me, my internet technology is stuck in that era still. i have trouble getting sots to register in 5 in the majority of my matches. i cant imagine how bad it'll be if they go to non-hitscan weapons for infinite...

come on starlink, save me from my DSL pain

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I think this is the way to go. 4v4 will feel tight and responsive, and 8v8 will be tolerable since you can't get beamed as easy from across the map.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Halo Infinite multiplayer on base Xbox one should run at 1080p 60fps after reconstruction with much improved visuals over Halo 5. 343i has a new engine and increased familiarity with the hardware.

Considering that Xsx has something like 20x the graphical capabilities of the base xb1 not counting RT, I expect near native 4k120 locked without a problem.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
I care less about hitscan and more about hit registration and feedback. One thing I've always hated about Halo 3 is having no idea where my shots are landing (the shield shimmer is also a mediocre hitmarker beyond close range).

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017

20x???

I'm pretty sure it's about 9x.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I actually hope that it's 60 and not 120 since I will have to buy a new TV otherwise and my 75" x90e is still pretty dope otherwise...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to know what tech is going to be used in the PC version, posted that DLSS thread and would LOVE for that to be in pretty much every MS game on PC

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just hoping Infinite brings back the feeling of "fun".

I tried going back to Halo 5 yesterday, it controls amazingly but it doesn't feel "fun" to me for some reason. I absolutely loved it at launch but something just doesn't click with me anymore.

I'd honestly rather play Reach on MCC than 5 these days.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

I tried going back to Halo 5 yesterday, it controls amazingly but it doesn't feel "fun" to me for some reason. I absolutely loved it at launch but something just doesn't click with me anymore.

Going back to Reach was the opposite for me: I'll always be fond of it, of course, but compared to 5 (i.e.the most recent one I've played a lot of) it's 'grounded' feel is so much less fun. That's not to say it's unfun, far from it!

Oct 26, 2017

It feels very bland and aimless to me, like theirs no passion or excitement to any of the levels. Whatever magic the Bungie games had is missing, and I think that has to do with the fundamental structure of the game.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
It feels very bland and aimless to me, like theirs no passion or excitement to any of the levels. Whatever magic the Bungie games had is missing, and I think that has to do with the fundamental structure of the game.
As someone that stopped at Reach I'm waiting to jump back in. I'm really enjoying running through the MCC on PC, but have no interest in H4 and little in H5 (can't play as much multi these days). Really hoping Infinite brings me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.