• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe it's 2019 and people still don't understand the difference between H3 spread and Reach bloom.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
here's an important thing: where in the campaign should halo infinite hide a single ladder in order to truly evoke classic halo

ara

Oct 26, 2017
There been anything new on Reach's PC port in a while? Feel like the last time we heard anything was in June.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
There been anything new on Reach's PC port in a while? Feel like the last time we heard anything was in June.

I've been out of the loop, but I just looked it up and it seems like they made some progress with flighting, at least.

Looking Ahead!
Even though we are working on the FireFlight, we still have progress being made on the following flight to test out PvP. The key goals for the next one will be to validate Halo: Reach PvP networking within gameplay and through the matchmaking flow. This next flight is currently planned to be an Xbox One flight only.

Seems like Reach is still far away.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for those Halo: Reach skins in Gears 5:

Character models look great and they have the same VA's. Pretty nice.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for those Halo: Reach skins in Gears 5:

Character models look great and they have the same VA's. Pretty nice.

I'll be maining Kat for sure.

f15.jpeg

For her great and powerful abilities, obviously.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Milk or not, I enjoy BR games and would enjoy a Halo spin on it.

But not at the expense of base game. Have it be a add on later on or something.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
yep, for when 343 needs to milk the fanbase even further.

And how exactly has 343 milked us... in any capacity?

Just for example: the current rumor is Modern Warfare will launch a separate and FTP BR mode co-developed by Infinity Ward and Raven in the spring.

I would trust Certain Affinity with something like that, for additional reference Criterion made Firestorm for DICE

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And how exactly has 343 milked us... in any capacity?

Just for example: the current rumor is Modern Warfare will launch a separate and FTP BR mode co-developed by Infinity Ward and Raven in the spring.

I would trust Certain Affinity with something like that, for additional reference Criterion made Firestorm for DICE
Yep, thats how it would need to be done. Have it be a seperate download, with some cosmetic cross progression between games if you'd like.

And Halo has definitely not been milked. Ragnarok is just the resident salty boi.

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly none of the titles at 343 make any sense to me in terms of hierarchy with studio heads and leads and whatnot, but I'm sure there are reasons for it and I don't really care how the sausage gets made.
Yep, thats how it would need to be done. Have it be a seperate download, with some cosmetic cross progression between games if you'd like.

And Halo has definitely not been milked. Ragnarok is just the resident salty boi.

Yeah, 'milking' a franchise when they're at their slowest point of game releases since the Halo 3 era...

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of surprised Halo doesn't have a separate BR game entry by now (or at least announced). Surely one of the engines/modes is adaptable. Shit Halo 5 WZ isn't far off BR e.g. map size, dropships, REQs, rounds etc.

I hope one of the big things with the new Slipspace engine is rapid adaptability and sustain.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly none of the titles at 343 make any sense to me in terms of hierarchy with studio heads and leads and whatnot, but I'm sure there are reasons for it and I don't really care how the sausage gets made.

Yeah, 'milking' a franchise when they're at their slowest point of game releases since the Halo 3 era...
eh, 6 mainline games plus like more than that many in side games is still quite a bit, no matter how long it's taken to get there.

maybe it isnt a lot relative to final fantasy, but its a lot compared to, say, uncharted, which is only a little younger and has arguably only 6 games total, not just the four mainlines. just because there are more extreme examples doesnt mean there arent still quite a few games in the series by a reasonable standard

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eh, 6 mainline games plus like more than that many in side games is still quite a bit, no matter how long it's taken to get there.

maybe it isnt a lot relative to final fantasy, but its a lot compared to, say, uncharted, which is only a little younger and has arguably only 6 games total, not just the four mainlines. just because there are more extreme examples doesnt mean there arent still quite a few games in the series by a reasonable standard
You know uncharted came out after Halo 3 right? Halo has had a very healthy cadence.

2001 - 2004 - 2007 - 2009(ODST, more of an expansion) 2010 - 2012 -2014(MCC, dunno if you wanna call it a mainline entry) 2015 - 2020

And 2 halo wars games if that's your thing.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
There's no chance that MP in Infinite will be cross-generation, right? Is such a thing even possible? Feels like they would want to make it possible, if possible, to expand the playerbase, since I'm sure there will be a ton of people getting it on the XBOX One, perhaps even more than the "Scarlet".

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
There's no chance that MP in Infinite will be cross-generation, right? Is such a thing even possible? Feels like they would want to make it possible, if possible, to expand the playerbase, since I'm sure there will be a ton of people getting it on the XBOX One, perhaps even more than the "Scarlet".
i see no reason it wouldn't be both cross gen AND compatible with pc. (with certain restrictions and options to balance the teo versions)

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

It definitely will be, there's no way they would alienate the playerbase

Nov 14, 2017
Why do they need a narrative design lead this late in development?
You know that saying, films are made in the editing room? I'm not a game developer, but the impression I get is that something similar often happens for games, especially on the plot/narrative front. You take the themes and general plot, the gameplay mechanics and art assets and environments you have and iterate on the best sequence of these things you can make given your constraints and goals. Which sometimes means you get things like "this cave is not a natural formation."

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
cant they have more than one narrative lead design since were expecting more side stories and a world of exploring? titles sometimes dont tell the whole story of the person's role/job.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
H2A should have been a separate release with everything remade. MCC's launch tainted H2A, it was such a waste of potential.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I would play H2A more if it had a lot more than six maps. The couple of Forge maps that made it into matchmaking aren't enough to stop you from getting Lockout every other match.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
H2A is basically a great starting point for what I always wanted 343 to do with Halo. The game is easily the best looking game they've made (Halo 4 and 5). The design for the weapons are great, the maps look awesome. It is a little bit too easy to land shots so they could probably tone it down to Halo 5 levels but everything else is great.

If they could just start with H2A as a baseline and then build on it then I'd be thrilled.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm basically at the point with Halo where they either need to just make the 2020 version of the best of Halo 1, 2, or 3, or make Halo Infinite a radical reimagining of the series. Halo 4 and 5 felt too much like they were trying to cater to both sides and that's why the games are just so middle of the road for me.

They felt too safe to me, I hope 343 picks a direction and is confident in it.

If Infinite ends up being Halo 5 but with more spartan abilities but also compromising to the classic fans then it will be really frustrating

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
but grenade markers

in all seriousness, i want infinite to be a reigned in halo 5. or a halo 2/3 with just a touch of flying across maps. i love thrust slide jump!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Infinite just needs clean, iconic maps and game modes that play great over and over. Take out the clutter and visual noise, introduce texture and colour with easily identifiable callouts/landmarks etc. Bring back interactive elements, forerunner maps that shift during play or crates/conveyor belts etc. Halo 5 has the gameplay and sandbox working great, it just needs solid maps and modes with some hooks for population to gain and retain.

Halo only ever needed brilliant maps and modes, through every game iteration. Look at APEX, Fortnite, PUBG and you'll see a great map can be played hundreds/thousands of times. Why not tweak the best maps every few months similar to BR games and keep things fresh? Great reuse of assets, experienced staff working with those maps and save time on iterations etc. Cycle on to the next map pack and iterations after that.

But for the love of the prophets please no more remakes or reimagining of maps.

EDIT: I'd also like to see more creativity with maps and modes e.g. take a great mission like securing a landing zone in Delta Halo or attacking a stronghold to get up a grav lift of a Covie carrier and make that a rounds objective mode with those changing elements or map unlocks similar to invasion stages. There was so much promise for BTB/OBJ there that never really materialised from the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.