• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The most fair difficult if you play other FPS is Heroic.
But bear in mind that Reach's enemy AI is among the best ever created in a game, and Covenant will be super smart assholes most of the time.
Also remember that, when they will arrive, Halo CE and Halo 2 difficult on Hereoic is somewhat comparable to the Legendary difficult of other games.
If it matters I really liked playing F. E. A. R. On extreme

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Poor mixer

tPaj0Yo.png

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Mine is still downloading on PC

However

Things to check:
Enable HDR in Windows (this is needed for some games to know that the display is HDR)
Fullscreen Exclusive - This is usually the less troublesome option
- Most of the Xbox Game Studios games have been fine for me in regular borderless fullscreen (their only option). I'm not sure if this would be different

DX12 - usually less troublesome for HDR
Ok test in full screen the hdr indicator (oled b7) doesn't pop up. In borderless it does, but, there's no hdr slider in the video menu just gamma, never heard of a game not having a slider to adjust hdr so not sure if somethings off

swnny

Oct 27, 2017
I know that I'll sound cheap but I think that it's complete bullshit that you need to pay extra 10$ for campaign with Game Pass Ultimate.

Where is "All new games on Xbox Game Pass by Microsoft - day one free"?

I will not pay nothing extra on top of XGP, not even a cent!

Hmm, am I missing something, on Game Pass PC, I was able to play the first mission using select mission (but I believe quickplay for all other 12 missions work just fine).

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Game still seems to cap put at 120fps but feel sluggish. Capped it at 118fps in Rivatuner and it feels a little better.

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a fileshare with Speed Halo and its gametype uploaded? I only uploaded my own files for the transfer, would love to get that game mode and play with my friends tonight (If it's possible currently).

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else having major major stuttering issues and just a broken game in general?

Mine is pretty bad and switching to classic seems to have no impact whatsoever. The audio sounds like complete trash too.

Edit 2: Running it borderless windowed seemed to fix my stuttering for the most part but not entirely.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ok test in full screen the hdr indicator (oled b7) doesn't pop up. In borderless it does, but, there's no hdr slider in the video menu just gamma, never heard of a game not having a slider to adjust hdr so not sure if somethings off

It used to have some options on the Xbox version, but the settings didn't really help anything, so maybe they've just removed them?
Once the TV becomes available and it is fully updated I'll take a look.

-edit
Nope - Still here

I'll check PC version in a bit

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Game still seems to cap put at 120fps but feel sluggish. Capped it at 118fps in Rivatuner and it feels a little better.

It was bound to happen considering its a port of a 360 game. It was never made to be played on PC.

That being said, this is really great marketing for Infinite. If they spread them out properly, there will be halo hype till Infinite.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I'm missing are the daily Firefight challenges from Reach... those were my bread & butter for progression (rarely have the time to really get into the competitive MP mindset).

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to play for an hour, it's still a ton of fun although I forgot how annoying the lack of a dedicated sprint button can be in shooters when its second nature these days. SWAT remains the GOAT.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
My Microsoft Store copy hasn't updated. Hmm. Wai?

Not sure about my Xbonx, I hope that's done the job else no Reach til tomorrow!

Be nice to play the campaign again. MP was great, cos Halo, but after 5 (especially) don't want no bloom. Still, Invasion and Headhunter, I liked them a lot.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Played up until the first battle to see how it runs. 144fps/hz feels good. Really strange playing this after post-Destiny, getting used to no ADS will take a little adjustment and I keep wanting to double jump to float...

Shooting feels amazing though, as does Legendary difficulty.

Can't wait to get into this tomorrow.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I'm missing are the daily Firefight challenges from Reach... those were my bread & butter for progression (rarely have the time to really get into the competitive MP mindset).
Does the new progression system only account for multiplayer instead of also letting you progress via Firefight?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Is there cross progression between windows xbox/gamepass and steam? I assume no matter what you log into the your xbox account and its all there regardless but just want to be sure as I like to buy some of the gamepass games I play and would like to buy on Steam.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the Reach achievements added in are hilarious.

Collection Eligibility Confirmed and its flavor text killed me

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Is there cross progression between windows xbox/gamepass and steam? I assume no matter what you log into the your xbox account and its all there regardless but just want to be sure as I like to buy some of the gamepass games I play and would like to buy on Steam.
Yeah, cross progression is in for all three platforms, just not crossplay between PC and Xbox. Though Steam and Windows Store players can play together.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Man I can't believe it's been 9 years since this came out, where does the time go! I've not played the campaign since then so i'm really going to enjoy playing through it again. Game looks and plays beautifully.

So jealous of people playing it for the first time.

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize Forge isn't in at launch on PC. :(

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I have it installed via game pass pc and i can't even get it to launch. I click play and it just does nothing. Anyone experience this?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does the new progression system only account for multiplayer instead of also letting you progress via Firefight?

It looks like you can get them via Matchmaking Firefight but not solo. Same issue as Horde in Gears - I play solo most of the time since I have things like kids etc that can be a distraction. MP is for weekend nights mostly. I liked that in Reach I could still get credits playing solo challenges. Oh well, not a big deal.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
First multiplayer match sure sucked. Every time I got shot the game went out of zoom. Don't know if there's something up with my mouse...

Oh well. I wanna play MCC for the campaigns anyway, so no loss

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So what does the temporary file do after playing a multi match? I see it, I can save it but what do I do with it? On PC. Figured maybe I could watch something but there's no way to interact with it other than save/remove.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The game is running really well on my 1070 but the sound quality / mixing is not good. I hope it's bug, I don't remember it being that bad on the 360? Any known fix for this?

Man, I miss playing Halo. My favourite shootbanger.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is reach part of the MCC collection or a separate download ? There's is a 43 GB update for the collection , is that for reach ?

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
So I see crossplay is a thing and you can play with players on steam even if you buy it through the Microsoft Store.

Sweet! Gonna keep the Halo games quite healthy for sure.