• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will this affect your purchase of future Atlus titles?

• Yes I will not buy another Atlus title.

• Yes I will not buy any title involving Hashino

• Yes I’ll only buy them used.

• No but I won’t buy Catherine Full Body.

• No I will continue to purchase future Atlus titles.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The other thread idea I had in light of recent developments.

If you're unsure what I'm talking about look here.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...transphobic-moreso-than-that-original.100027/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...tsura-hashino-director-producer-atlus.100145/

Thread topic is simple. Has this event made you reconsider your decision to buy future Atlus games or games involving Hashino?

While I most likely won't buy Full Body,bar ATLUS JP getting their shit together and changing that scene or ATLUS USA doing a major clean up, I can't say I'll stop buying Persona related games. I'll probably keep an ear out to hear how bad it is but with Hashino moving to Project Re:fantasy I'm hoping some new blood will come to Persona and help with the series representation issues.

So. How do you feel on the subject?

Nov 3, 2017
I'm not getting Catherine even though I was highly considering it but there's no way I'm not buying P6, even if that shithead is director on it

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Based on the discussions I've been reading, I think I'm done with Hashino unless he can demonstrate some class when it comes to portraying lbtq themes. But that seems like a long shot at this point.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hashino's weird obsession with having homophobic and transphobic shit in his games is one reason why I stay away from his games. There's only so much one can brush away as ignorance, especially these days. I just hope none of that shit seeps into their other output like Etrian Odyssey or mainline SMT.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I may skip out on Catherine and just watch a Let's Play of it. I will still be buying other Atlus titles such as PQ2 this year.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Made it pretty easy to cross out Catherine and P5 off my list. Plenty of other games to buy and play.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I've been done since Persona 5. Between the recycled plot and the ridiculous portrayals of the LGBT+ community they're not worth my time or money

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
No, I will still buy Persona games. But I am not buying Catherine Full Body unless that garbage is omitted.

I also agree with Crazy Izanagi that hopefully some new blood will change Persona's issues for the better.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Well i certainly aint buying full body with that shit in there. I'm not even someone particularly affected by problematic aspects others would find, but this is a clear pattern of showing these aspects in an ignorant fashion in these games, like there's someone on staff who REALLY believes in this shit and feels it needs to be portrayed in the games themselves.

Putting pressure on Atlus is only natural

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
No, but I will at least do more research before I buy their games now, and at least Hashino is not doing the next Persona game.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will consider whether or not to buy each games depending on what said games are like. There's never been any company wide boycott for me, and there never will be.
That said, I hope future Persona games will not have such objectionable rhetoric, and I hope Hashino himself will grow better.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The poll results are really telling aren't they.

Anyway, I'll still be getting Atlus games, but I won't be getting Catherine FB. Then again, I wasn't really interested in getting it again in the first place.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
honestly? not really. i'll just buy them used or dirt cheap (Hashino games). the rest of atlus shouldnt have to suffer.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Staying away from Catherine for now and P5 re-releases are the only Hashino led games I'll buy in the near future unless he shows genuine improvement in his treatment of the LGBT community.

Don't see any reason to avoid other Atlus titles considering we rarely do it for other companies. Like I don't see why Square Enix doesn't get calls for a publisher wide boycott when they constantly employ an arguably worse offender (Koichi Sugiyama)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will consider whether or not to buy each games depending on what said games are like. There's never been any company wide boycott for me, and there never will be.
That said, I hope future Persona games will not have such objectionable rhetoric, and I hope Hashino himself will grow better.
Pretty much my stance as well. I'm absolutely not buying Full body because of this garbage, but I don't really see a company wide boycott achieving anything, especially when the most directly responsible people aren't involved with many of Atlus's titles

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a tremendously huge fan of Shin Megami Tensei, so as long as the franchise doesn't delve into Hashino's awfulness like in Persona and Catherine and continues its inclusion of Queer characters like in Liberation Dx2.

It's not exactly a moral challenge for me not to buy a game I wasn't interested in since its announcement.

Rhiwion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I'm increasingly less interested in their output these days, because they desperately try to recreate the thunder and buzz they experienced with Persona 4.

I'm cautiously holding out for SMT5 to still retain some of the magic I felt with this company for so long, but other than that I'm not interested in seeing another Etrian spin-off, another anime, another "enhanced" re-release, another fighting game and all that hollow bullshit that makes Persona 5 hard to view as anything but creatively starved. And the same goes mostly for their 3DS games of the last couple years as well.

The only glimmer of hope in their catalogue is Etrian Odyssey, which if you ask me should be laid to rest after Nexus, because whatever they try to make it work on a non-dualscreen system it wouldn't be the same series.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And depressingly like the title shows, it will never change because people dont care.
Not sure how people banding together to attempt to get Full Body banned on ERA and it being one of the most prominent game story on Social Media is nothing including having a popular community leader quit the game is not nothing

Previous fuck ups were never as serious as this and were located in small 5 minute interactions in contrast to a good ending on FB.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If that guy is involved and it isn't Persona, I won't buy it. If it's Persona I'll get it discounted, their games go cheap quickly anyways.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I'm definitley not getting Catherine:Full Body. Which is a shame since I really liked the original inspite of the transphobic stuff. That being said, I see no reason to perma ban them. There's always the possibility they get better and if they do, I see no reason not to support them at that point.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Went with the "so long as it's not Hashino" option, at least for now. There's the possibility he can change, there's the possibility anyone can. Thankfully Atlus's games have crazy long windows between regions, so we'll know far in advance if Project Re Fantasy is similarly gross.

You'd think with it being a fantasy setting he'd at least take the "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it" approach, but honestly it almost feels vindictive at this point.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't interested in Catherine beforehand anyway, and this situation just makes me more interested in P6 without Hashino.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how people banding together to attempt to get Full Body banned on ERA and it being one of the most prominent game story on Social Media is nothing including having a popular community leader quit the game is not nothing

Previous fuck ups were never as serious as this and were located in small 5 minute interactions in contrast to a good ending on FB.
You can say anything but prioritizing video games over lives is still what it is

All Atlus games? Of course not. But Hashino isnt all of Atlus, and isnt in every game you're playing.