• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you killed a dog?

• Yes

Votes: 1,272 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.4%

• Total voters

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Much ado was made about the dog enemies in The Last of Us Pt.2 and how it was possible to complete a play through without killing them. So have you killed a dog? Is anyone doing a no doggo violence run?

Personally, I kill them. Ellie's death animations when she is mauled are super violent and unsettling to me and I'd rather get the dogs off the board early on to prevent it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because otherwise they're gonna kill me

Also at one point you have no choice but to kill a dog in a QTE

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, fuck them dogs. Its kill or be killed, and them mothafucks will sniff you out and chew off your face.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
repost from the main thread I guess:

by the way, as a dog owner and lover all my life, here's some real talk for you:

I actually have no problem with all the dog killing you do, even the nasty melee kills, but earlier I arrow sniped a dude that was walking with a dog, the dog actually reacted to it and checked on his owner and did a little whine, and THAT got to me :(

:(

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
The first one I killed with fire and it was disturbing. Then I killed one with a machete and a little bit of sick came out.

Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately, I killed dogs on my first run (god was I terrible at stealth), but I'm through Hillcrest on New Game Plus and I haven't killed a dog yet. I'm doing everything in my power to avoid it.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Before the game came out, my thinking was "I'll kill dogs if necessary, but Jesus I'm not going to Molotov them"

Once I played the game and was soaked to the core in its intensity I realized I would Molotov every goddamn dog that was in range of another enemy

Well played, Druckmann

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, several. They love screwing up my stealth approach at the most inopportune times, so I've made it a habit to dispose of them if they're nearby.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I need to. I've taken more damage than I would have otherwise because I avoid trying to melee them in favor of a quick shot so they don't suffer.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck them dogs, making my non-lethal human runs that more difficult.

I shoot them with my bow and arrows.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I didn't kill them. I slaughtered them. They can play fetch with Satan in hell, the pieces of shit.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Unmarked Spoilers
After what a*** does to **e*. Yes, i did. I even watched the soldiers being killed by E with a smile on my face

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I always find it amusing when people have issues killing digital animals in games, but then proceeds to have no issue blowing a digital humans brain out of their skull.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. As soon as I saw one. They are here to kill you. So I took them out first. Then the rest.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
I really tried not to, like I stealthily killed the owner hoping it won't be looking for me anymore since there's no one anymore to make it do so. But that didn't work, so I kill everyone since they're fucking annoying.