• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you killed a dog?

• Yes

Votes: 1,272 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.4%

• Total voters

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Animal-cruelty.gif

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a real life dog, who is a 1.5 year old basset hound and absolutely hates seeing and hearing other animals on TV. So I take out the dogs as quickly as I can, before she notices them, otherwise she barks at the TV for 15 minutes. I feel terrible doing it. :(

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I try not to but...sometimes

Killing the owner first is more sad to watch. The dog just doesn't understand and try to wake them up. I killed the dog seconds after. And then I just felt like a bad person.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
My play style is to kill everything I come across.
I apologize every time I kill a dog though.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you have to, unless you don't care about exploring the area with enemies in it. What if there is a trading card there!?

RIP to all the good boys and good girls sniffing in the way of my triangle mashing. May you chase many tennis balls in doggo heaven.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and I would kill them again if I could, they're so fucking annoying.
But yeah
there is one that I'm not proud of.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Absolutely. They're too dangerous, at least on Survivor, to leave alive, especially if you want to thoroughly loot areas before moving on. They get no hesitation from me, but the level graphic detail that's treated on them is overly nasty I think. I feel serious pity for the poor bastards who had to animate and polish up a bunch of interactions of dogs being stabbed, dogs being beat with a baseball bat, dogs being brutalized with a hammer, etc. It was next level when I placed an explosive trap in front of someone patrolling with a dog; they modeled and textured mutilated headless/limbless dog corpses. That's too nasty imo.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try my best to avoid killing them, but I will if I have to.

Maybe I'll try the same with the humans.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Have you seen that animation where Ellie kills a dog with a hatchet? Holy shit.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I saved my first encounter with this area while playing the game earlier today:

Directly afterwards I decided to take a break from the game for today.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but why exactly is killing dogs something people are totally against doing in a game where you're completely brutalizing human beings ?

Titchyman

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but
I played fetch with that one dog for about 15 minutes
so I think I come out even... right?

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I try to spare them, but it's hard. I succeed about half the time.

ND sure tries hard to make me feel guilty about it,lol,

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself I wouldn't but as soon as one tracked my scent and followed me that all went out the window

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Killed every dog I saw. Honestly I'm disappointed with how tame the violence is in general. All the talk before release led me to believe this one is above and beyond everything else by FAAR with gore and violence. Killing Sif in Dark souls felt worse lol.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
I legit thought I escaped one dog after murking his owner, then another dog found me and the first dog came outta nowhere. I fucked them pooches up.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Sure. It's a game, they are enemies and as soon as they act angry against me I have no regret.

They are always the first things I aim at, even on the leash.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't killed a dog in the game except for the one that's mandatory.
My strategy is to kill the dog owners as soon as possible. Then run and hide away killing the resto of the people.
It's a mouse cat game but you definitely can do it.
I'm also (suffering) in the second half of the game so I think there is no more dog fights.
Also fuck Naughty Dog for saying that killing dogs was an option.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I'm sorry, but I've been trained by Resident Evil and Dark Souls to show dogs absolutely zero mercy in post-apocalyptic environments.

Maybe once game developers get a handle on the fact that dogs aren't mindlessly suicidal living missiles that do more damage than getting chopped with an axe or blasted point-blank by a magnum, I can see about relaxing the Dogpocalypse Protocols. And then we can start working on bears and wolves in fantasy settings...

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
They're just enemies in a game to me, so I didn't hesitate to take them out when necessary.

RIP Alice. You were the best girl.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What I do is I snipe their masters, and then if they don't get in my way I spare the dogs.

I work extra hard to kill all the human enemies though.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Just came across the dogs today and I killed them, no question. Didn't give them a chance to retaliate, didn't give them a chance to fuck around, I just did it.

Ellie's gonna wipe every enemy out no matter what they are. Don't fuck with her.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to get through an encounter without getting busted so yes, I have to kill them when they charge.