• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If she did I wouldn't have married her. But I'm pretty sure if she did something like, say drop an N bomb (which she hasn't done in the 12 years I've known her or the 6 years we've been married) I wouldn't call her racist.

I get what Era is trying to do here. I've danced around enough topics here, but I'm having an issue with this one.
What is 'Era' trying to do here?

Edit:
I'm reading responses and literally reading people are dating the opposite color as a way to get a pass.
lol

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading responses and literally reading people are dating the opposite color as a way to get a pass.
Some people. You aren't just instantly racist for dating someone outside of your race or doing it to secretly cover up your own racism. The OP has provided examples of known racists and bigots who have had relationships with people outside their race. Milo himself is gay yet spouts plenty of homophobic bullshit.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If she did I wouldn't have married her. But I'm pretty sure if she did something like, say drop an N bomb (which she hasn't done in the 12 years I've known her or the 6 years we've been married) I wouldn't call her racist.

I get what Era is trying to do here. I've danced around enough topics here, but I'm having an issue with this one.

Albert Haynesworth is that you?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Again, it just seems you can't read for shit.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It doesn't guarantee that someone isn't racist, but it lowers the odds considerably.
This obviously goes for the race they married.
A black person can marry a white person and still be incredibly racist towards Asians, for example.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#4, 6, 8 right off the rip
c7f.gif

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Can people stop pretending that black and white are the only races in the country while we're at it?

You gotta understand something, this is a highly american populated forum, and in the USA absolutely no race can come close to the tension between Blacks and Whites, this is why most race issues are done from that angle, i mean come on, as a mexican i have been the victim of racist tirades, but i still understand why race issues in the USA are usually centric to Black/White, it's very silly to get mad that it's the most talked angle in the topic.

Oct 25, 2017
#4, 6, 8 right off the rip

Well, thanks for quoting them. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'll quote them for you. I also have some follow-up questions:

Absolutely. The amount of times I've heard "I can't be racist I've got a *insert minority* spouse" or "if I was a racist why would I date/marry a *insert minority* person" is ridiculous.

Its like okay? Just because you like that one person doesn't negate the fact that you say hateful shit about everyone else from their group.

MylesDevin , when does HammerFace imply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

You saying I use tokenism as an excuse makes you the real racist!!

MylesDevin , when does capitalCORN imply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

Just ask Tammy Lawrence. She as a black boyfriend, but girl is racist as fuck.

MylesDevin , when does Wilsongt imply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

Quazar

Oct 27, 2017
I think the problem with OP is right after the last stop it. Nowhere near the same shit. Sorry.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, thanks for quoting them. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'll quote them for you. I also have some follow-up questions:

MylesDevin , when does HammerFace imply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

MylesDevin , when does capitalCORNimply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

MylesDevin , when does Wilsongt imply this is case for all people in interracial relationships, and otherwise why do you feel like this applies to your wife?

Obviously its the hidden subtle implication of reverse racism hidden in my tone.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I dont recall Milo ever being racist

hes extremely misogynistic and partisan but i dont recall racism

He's a self identified member of the alt-right, those things go hand in hand, even in the highly unlikely case that he himself is not explicitly racist, he at least is cool with the people associated with the movement being racist, so there is that.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I can call my white wife racist? I will let her know Era said so.

Bro how'd you jump to this conclusion :/. OP is just saying just because your married to a black person or a different ethnicity doesn't automatically qualify you as "not racist". It's like how you see some racist people say the phrase "I have a black friend!" Etc.

It's not a shot at you or anyone else in an interracial relationship. Did that make sense?

Edit: just saw your post above mine lol

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly there seems to be a very high correlation between hating or fearing black people and wanting to fuck them

or watch their gf/wife/daughter/sister/female friend fuck them

I'ma keep it a stack and say I think you could've stopped without the spoiler 'cause I think that's what they want anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
At least as far as black and white relationships go, that math doesn't check out in the slightest. Especially down here in the south.

For marriage?
That would surprise me greatly. You go through a lot marrying someone of a different race in this racist society. Loss of friendships, and family members are common when a white person marries a black person. Why would someone racist go through all of that for something they don't believe in?

Also, I'd wager that you're underestimating how many racist people are down south if you think that the percentage of racist people in an interracial marriage is higher than those who avoid the other race.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I dont recall Milo ever being racist

hes extremely misogynistic and partisan but i dont recall racism
He said some pretty awful and racist stuff towards Leslie Jones (i believe this was actually the final straw that lead to his Twitter ban), created a white person only "privilege grant" and his general association with the Alt-right and being an Alt-right apologist.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
He's a self identified member of the alt-right, those things go hand in hand, even in the highly unlikely case that he himself is not explicitly racist, he at least is cool with the people associated with the movement being racist, so there is that.

He's a warrior of the alt-right. Read a lengthy article in german about him and he is really giving them a voice.

I honestly only remember him for gamergate support but i guess he also supported the alt right? i thought 'they' hated him for being a gay jew whereas gamergaters liked him because of that

The Woods i do remember the leslie ghostbuster thing, didnt he call her a gorilla or something racist like that

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly only remember him for gamergate support but i guess he also supported the alt right? i thought 'they' hated him for being a gay jew whereas gamergaters liked him because of that

He had a position on Breitbart, if my memory is not failing me, he was fired only after his pro pedophilia coments came to light.

Nov 8, 2017
After some fights today, my dads side of the family (Black) refuses to meet my kids because I married and had children with a white women. Forgive my posts. I'm going through some things and this thread triggered me. I will delete my posts if that helps the discussion.

Sorry

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching a documentary about the English far right and the leader of one of the gangs was completely shocked to be called racist. He instructed the documentary maker to wait in the street for him to return and came back some time later with a little black girl and declared her his illegitimate child. He was like "see! I'm her dad, how can I be racist?!"
It was nuts.

Wish I could remember the shows name, I think it was on Sky.

Nov 14, 2017
People often view "racist" (or "sexist" or "homophobic" or...) as a binary state, something that someone either is or isn't, instead of a spectrum of behaviours and beliefs.

Oct 25, 2017
Just ask Tammy Lawrence. She as a black boyfriend, but girl is racist as fuck.

Who?

According to some of the shit I've seen here and various other forums, having a partner of a different race basically makes you a fetishistic monster. Surely white women only like black men because of that Mandingo, or white men like asians because they watched The Last Samurai and said "mmm yeah, gonna get me some of that".

The only way to tell if someone is an awful person is to look at how they act and what they say, end of story.

Oh another shot at interracial couples but from a higher ground!

WTF? Are people being dense on purpose or is reading really that hard? This thread has nothing to do with trying to insult interracial couples. It's about the whole "I'm dating x, so I can't be racist", that racist people like to use. I have no idea why so many people are getting offended by this when it litterally has nothing to do with y'all. get off it.

Last edited:

Straight Edge

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After some fights today, my dads side of the family (Black) refuses to meet my kids because I married and had children with a white women. Forgive my posts. I'm going through some things and this thread triggered me. I will delete my posts if that helps the discussion.

Sorry

They've never seen your kids? How old are they?