• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
JFC some people just cannot separate relationships from shitty racist views. This isn't at anyone, if you know you're not the problem you aren't the problem. No one's attacking your or significant other.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Clarence and Virginia Thomas

thomas-ginny.jpg

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You are most certainly correct, OP.

Just like racists can love Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson or NFL football, they find a way to compartmentalize the blackness of people they want to like such that it stands separately -- even opposed -- to the blackness that every other black person has. They're black but not...you know...black.
Racists enjoyed minstrel shows. As long as you can entertain them, cool. If you start going on about your humanity or politics of wanting to exist as a free person with a persecutionless life, you got problems.
images

220px-John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

imrs.php

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah. I learned this from a young age when my white father tried explaining to me the difference between "black people" and "n-words" despite being married to my black mother. If you think there are ignorant assholes out there, just call em assholes. No need to use a racial epithet. Consequently, I avoid using the term redneck.
Man, white people REALLY took to that Chris Rock bit because for the past decade plus I've only heard it from them.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
A few months ago biracial people on Twitter were telling stories of their white parent calling them nigger when they got mad at them. I was just so shocked to know that someone could not only sleep with a black person thinking that but have a child with them and call their own child that. I have biracial nieces and nephews and I would probably have to beat my sister-in-law's ass if they ever told me she said something like that.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man hiding your racism by marrying a person of color is some galactic brain racism.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
A few months ago biracial people on Twitter were telling stories of their white parent calling them nigger when they got mad at them. I was just so shocked to know that someone could not only sleep with a black person thinking that but have a child with them and call their own child that. I have biracial nieces and nephews and I would probably have to beat my sister-in-law's ass if they ever told me she said something like that.

...I'm positive I'd divorce my SO if that happened. But I'd also probably arrange for them to not see my child.

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ah yes, using some fucking moron token minority to justify your alt-reich views; not a new tale by any means

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine how that would feel as a kid. Hopefully none of it was aimed directly at you.
I would have thought that becoming a parent to a biracial child would open up a parents mind, but it seems like ignorance knows no bounds.
None of it even made sense. He hated the concept of interracial relationships and blamed my mom for "tricking" him into one. We were "half breed mutts" to him.

Best day of my life was the day he walked out on us. Anyway..

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We can talk all the shit we want online but I wouldn't dare tell a black woman who she can and cant find racist IRL. I am not qualified to make that judgement on her behalf

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Why won't people base their judgments of my character on my totally-not-at-all-performative social life instead of my words and actions??? Ugh, so unfair!

Check it out! Look what kind of person I'm letting stand next to me! Look at meeeeeeeee...

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
LOL that "Blind for love" says a lot, he knows Milo is a racist PoS and just choses to not see it.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I have a coworker who is married to a Latina and is a hardcore Trump supporter who believes in "deporting all the illegals out".

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Isn't racial fetishism a thing? Some people have partners of different ethnicities because they're racists.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't specifically. They are technically from "another site" I won't speak of.

Okay then explain what you mean.

You can't just walk into a thread and say "Don't post guys you will get banned" and then not explain what the fuck you mean.

Tell me why people shouldn't post.

Tell me what you mean.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
True. Unfortunately I seen used that argument, to justify racist arguments.
There is even a famous youtuber, with an Iranian dad, that is a huge white supremacist defender.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My dad married a black woman.

Dude voted for Trump and quit the NFL after watching it for decades solely due to the kneeling incident.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Okay then explain what you mean.

You can't just walk into a thread and say "Don't post guys you will get banned" and then not explain what the fuck you mean.

Tell me why people shouldn't post.

Tell me what you mean.

They never said that tho, just that they wanted people to think before they post.
If anything striving for higher quality posts is never a bad thing

cyress8

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
I always viewed this as an abusive relationship when dealing with a bigot. A little mixture bit of self hate from a PoC and a racist's need to feel like they are superior can combine into a weird relationship.

I do know not all are this simple but going off 2 of the couples I know, it feels awkward dealing with them

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
I fancy Method Man. I don't fancy Drake at all. Is that racist? Not fancying Drake? I thought Stringer Bell was super hot but Avon B was yukk. Was that wrong? Should I avert my gaze when someone who didn't have the massive privilege of growing up in Oxgangs walks past? Would they have to avert their gaze if their privilege was greater than mine? Should we all just avert our gazes and stay quietly isolated in our little fear holes? What a sad world that would be, no more swapping colours, no more mixing cultures, no more exchanging ideas, no more sharing experiences but if it's that's how we're going to show how progressive and not racist we are then so be it. Enjoy your cold tea and gray uniforms.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fancy Method Man. I don't fancy Drake at all. Is that racist? Not fancying Drake? I thought Stringer Bell was super hot but Avon B was yukk. Was that wrong? Should I avert my gaze when someone who didn't have the massive privilege of growing up in Oxgangs walks past? Would they have to avert their gaze if their privilege was greater than mine? Should we all just avert our gazes and stay quietly isolated in our little fear holes? What a sad world that would be, no more swapping colours, no more mixing cultures, no more exchanging ideas, no more sharing experiences but if it's that's how we're going to show how progressive and not racist we are then so be it. Enjoy your cold tea and gray uniforms.
What are you talking about

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My dad married a black woman.

Dude voted for Trump and quit the NFL after watching it for decades solely due to the kneeling incident.

There is something seriously wrong with these kinds of people

giphy_1.gif

Last edited:

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really need to learn to read in this thread fam

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
what

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Yea, unfortunately I see this on both sides.

It is uncommon but it does happen.

I get hate and see dirty looks when I am out in public with my black wife. (Im white) It is annoying.

One thing someone can do in a interracial relationship is learn about your SO culture and stuff.

Not to say we dont sometimes joke about each others stereotypes once in awhile. That does not make us racist.