Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fancy Method Man. I don't fancy Drake at all. Is that racist? Not fancying Drake? I thought Stringer Bell was super hot but Avon B was yukk. Was that wrong? Should I avert my gaze when someone who didn't have the massive privilege of growing up in Oxgangs walks past? Would they have to avert their gaze if their privilege was greater than mine? Should we all just avert our gazes and stay quietly isolated in our little fear holes? What a sad world that would be, no more swapping colours, no more mixing cultures, no more exchanging ideas, no more sharing experiences but if it's that's how we're going to show how progressive and not racist we are then so be it. Enjoy your cold tea and gray uniforms.

No, it just means you have bad taste.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Reminds me of a white guy I knew in college...

He opposed black and brown guys getting with White women, but he himself had an Asian (Indian) girlfriend who was frankly darker than most black people.

Fucking weird.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly obvious I would think. You can be attracted to someone but still view them either as an exception or more like an animal just to fulfill your desires and not an equal.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
After some fights today, my dads side of the family (Black) refuses to meet my kids because I married and had children with a white women. Forgive my posts. I'm going through some things and this thread triggered me. I will delete my posts if that helps the discussion.

Sorry
My mom used to say "don't bring home any devils" and my dad was equally against us dating white women (funny because my mom is confused for white or other by everyone and his first marriage was with a white woman) but now they don't care. It's really hard for me to imagine people holding such a strong stance today even after you've married this person and had two kids with them. Do they know they can hold onto their hate but maybe make an exception for your wife? I mean that's what this thread is about.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck looks at Milo or Anne coulter and reduces them to simply interracial couple?

And to reduce the op as being stealth shade?

Shamr on youyfor being too ignorant to know who these bigots are and why they are bad people. More so if this sentiment was in bad faith.

Oct 31, 2017
I dont recall Milo ever being racist

hes extremely misogynistic and partisan but i dont recall racism

i do remember the leslie ghostbuster thing, didnt he call her a gorilla or something racist like that

these posts are trash lol

Reminds me of a white guy I knew in college...

He opposed black and brown guys getting with White women, but he himself had an Asian (Indian) girlfriend who was frankly darker than most black people.

Fucking weird.

I never understand why any dude feels he owns women that have nothing to do with him. You probably can't satisfy one women, so how you going to try to claim them all?

The poc that date racists though, I probably hate them more than the racists themselves, tbh. The black girl in the video going on about her boyfriend sounding racists while he calls her a nigger to her face. Fuck her dumb ass too, cause she with that piece of shit

Oct 25, 2017
canada
these posts are trash lol

I never understand why any dude feels he owns women that have nothing to do with him. You probably can't satisfy one women, so how you going to try to claim them all?

The poc that date racists though, I probably hate them more than the racists themselves, tbh. The black girl in the video going on about her boyfriend sounding racists while he calls her a nigger to her face. Fuck her dumb ass too, cause she with that piece of shit

Hey lol it just took time for me remember

The dude said controversial stuff for a living, hard to keep track of what he was saying lol

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
After some fights today, my dads side of the family (Black) refuses to meet my kids because I married and had children with a white women. Forgive my posts. I'm going through some things and this thread triggered me. I will delete my posts if that helps the discussion.

Sorry
That's so sad. I can't imagine the feeling of parents not recognizing your partner because of his or her race. I hope it works out for you.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean being a Mulotto and Quadroon wasn't serious until America had slavery

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but why did her dumbass post this? Does she really think she "GOT HIM" with this. She looks fucking stupid for not knocking his ass out.

It was an abusive relationship, and she eventually got herself out of it shortly after recording that video. So, good for her.

(and knock his big ass out? Come on now)

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Fairly obvious I would think. You can be attracted to someone but still view them either as an exception or more like an animal just to fulfill your desires and not an equal.

Bingo. My boss does the latter. They are prejudiced and racist, but paradoxically fetishize black culture. It seems to me that their marriage serves as a counterbalance to negate the despicable nature of their behaviors while also legitimizing their objectification/tokenization of blacks and black culture. This gives them the power to don black culture and simultaneously exclude persons based on "privileged knowledge" from their marriage (Ex. Distinguishing good black people versus bad black people).

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what the OP is aiming at, I have a black girlfriend and would've voted Hussein Obama a third time if I could.

malyse

Community Resetter
Not sure what the OP is aiming at, I have a black girlfriend and would've voted Hussein Obama a third time if I could.
DEfi2XtXsAIYJBn.jpg

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeeh. Why is that thread gone that way ?
OP just stated obvious things and didn't insult anyone. They just claimed that it's not because someone married another ethnicity that they can't be racist toward that ethnicity.
Ever heard of the "good ones" argument ? And yes, even minorities can be racist toward other minorities.

OP's point is pretty straightforward: Being married to someone of color doesn't mean the person can't be racist.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I don't get some of the confusion in some of these post. The OP is specifically talking about people using a minority significant other as a shield so that they can say racist things. OP it's not saying interracial relationships are bad.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get some of the confusion in some of these post. The OP is specifically talking about people using a minority significant other as a shield so that they can say racist things. OP it's not saying interracial relationships are bad.

I don't understand what happened here. I just feel like the thread got out of hand because people either didn't read or misunderstood. Wtf.

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I feel like if a White Person is In a loving relationship with a person of color it should count towards some sort of level of being a racial ally - it's not a carte Blanche to say or do whatever, but surely it must mean some level of care towards at least one minority, which a lot more than many racists are capable of

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if a White Person is In a loving relationship with a person of color it should count towards some sort of level of being a racial ally - it's not a carte Blanche to say or do whatever, but surely it must mean some level of care towards at least one minority, which a lot more than many racists are capable of
Damn, I didn't know there were so many slave master "allies".

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

I always think, "Who hurt you?"

And, the truth is, many, many people did in order for them to get that way.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018

I think the problem is the precisely that many non-POC have not figured out meaningful and respectful allyship. I met someone the other day who talked about becoming a lawyer. When I asked them why, they pantomimed stereotypical hip-hop gestures and produced something like ebonics to simulate a black client being grateful at being saved by a white defense. It is hard being an ally. Many have not figured out how to "get it right" because they are not even listening to the POC beside them; Instead, pop-culture is their "counsel", which we know is not representative of POC thought.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

No ? It has nothing to do with all you claimed ?
OP just said a simple thing: To all people claiming "I'm not racist, my lover is a person of color" isn't an argument, since there are notoriously racist people... in love with a person of color. OP isn't saying "This is gross" or "People should be with people of their color". Just that "People using their couple as a "I'm not racist" argument is flawed, since there are exemples of racist people in couple with a person of color". Heck, OP is even saying there are racists of all ethnicities.

Oct 25, 2017
It was an abusive relationship, and she eventually got herself out of it shortly after recording that video. So, good for her.

(and knock his big ass out? Come on now)

You're right. That was definitely my anger saying that. And I'm glad she got out of that relationship.

I just didn't see the whole point of exhibit A to begin with. It's clearly not the first time he used language like that.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Yea, unfortunately I see this on both sides.

It is uncommon but it does happen.

I get hate and see dirty looks when I am out in public with my black wife. (Im white) It is annoying.

One thing someone can do in a interracial relationship is learn about your SO culture and stuff.

Not to say we dont sometimes joke about each others stereotypes once in awhile. That does not make us racist.

No. It's something many people do around those they are close to.

The issues with that come up if you try that type of levity with strangers or at best acquaintances.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
tom-and-sally.jpg