• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you know that dogs are smarter than cats?

• Yes, it is known

Votes: 408 91.1%
  • No, I was not aware until now

Votes: 40 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
I personally prefer cats as I like that they are more independent than dogs, I like their aloofness.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Dogs are better because I use mine as alarm clocks. 5am and here they come, ready to go outside for a new day.

My cats were awesome, but my dogs being all super hyper first thing in the morning, nudging with their nose and licking whatever body part that is not under the cover easily put a smile on my face almost everyday. Best alarm clocks.
my cats are def meowing alarm clocks that know how to pry me from my warm bed at dawn and act as though they will die if i don't get up and feed them quick. and if i ignore them too much they'll do some annoying shit like much on a plastic bag or something loud that they know will get me to get up and stop them then feed them lol. the first time one sees my eyes crack just a notch, it's over, they know.

my cats have had some very smart behaviors and def know their names, they are prone to ignoring if they aren't in the mood tho for sure. like yell at your cat for doing something, then watch that he won't go and do it while you watch. but turn around and right back at it he'll probably go :P. idk why you think an animal you didn't train is gonna do stuff you didn't train it to do, people train cats to do things, i'm just happy if i can keep mine out of a couple specific rooms.

both are great, dogs are perfect when you have a few people under one roof, but i live alone so cats are easier (and a snake and a bearded dragon, beardies are top tier).

but do you have one cat OP? having one cat sucks, gotta have a second one, my two wrestle all the time and chase each other like dogs do, and they'll chill together when they want to as well. their activity level balances out perfectly since you don't have to be their only consistent source of attention. i recommend opposite genders, in my experience.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Cats, because I've had enough extremely codependent relationships. They chill there, I binge Mr. Robot. Everything's copacetic.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that cat owners are up in here saying the comparison is insulting and bizarre. Science thinks the comparison is valuable between two of the most popular pets, but keep trying.

1. Science is malleable, any data on cats and dogs can prove untrue in individual cases
2. Cats are better than dogs
3. You're not using a scientific method, you're just providing anecdotes

This comes off as a bit... off.

It's accurate that cats should not be let outside

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. Science is malleable, any data on cats and dogs can prove untrue in individual cases
2. Cats are better than dogs
3. You're not using a scientific method, you're just providing anecdotes

It's accurate that cats should not be let outside

I agree, but I was talking about the whole "cats should be eradicated" weird talk.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Picking sides in off topic threads is usually a fun exercise but it's quite different when the sides are two species of living being. I made some dumb raccoon jokes and shared some raccoon facts so I had my fun or whatever, but I'm really deeply disappointed with how this thread has played out. Your preference in pet should not escalate to assessment of an animal's worth, and certainly not to the gross extent of rhetoric on display in this thread. I'm really disgusted with this thread, but I guess nice job trolling OP.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Picking sides in off topic threads is usually a fun exercise but it's quite different when the sides are two species of living being. I made some dumb raccoon jokes and shared some raccoon facts so I had my fun or whatever, but I'm really deeply disappointed with how this thread has played out. Your preference in pet should not escalate to assessment of an animal's worth, and certainly not to the gross extent of rhetoric on display in this thread. I'm really disgusted with this thread, but I guess nice job trolling OP.
It seems to be human nature sadly. There are some of us that try to balance being ridiculous but it's an exercise in frustration. For some reason society has deemed it ok to publicly shit on cats and dog owners are just like "hurr durr fuck yeah cats are dumb" when I'm living with two of them that contradicts that exact comment.

As someone who tries not to be shitty about anything anyone likes, it's really tough to look from the outside in and hate humanity to its core.

Like there are some people in this thread that if they said that to my face, I would probably lose it and do something I regret.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
It seems to be human nature sadly. There are some of us that try to balance being ridiculous but it's an exercise in frustration. For some reason society has deemed it ok to publicly shit on cats and dog owners are just like "hurr durr fuck yeah cats are dumb" when I'm living with two of them that contradicts that exact comment.

As someone who tries not to be shitty about anything anyone likes, it's really tough to look from the outside in and hate humanity to its core.

Like there are some people in this thread that if they said that to my face, I would probably lose it and do something I regret.
it's not cool, it's not funny, it's disrespectful, and it's really just stupid boomer shit repackaged with millennial edge

fuck this thread

side note: fuck the people who take my username and dumb jokes as an opportunity to shit on raccoons. sometimes it's funny but sometimes it genuinely pisses me off

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
These threads have always been an embarrassment of human idiocy since GAF.
Besides, you can like both. They're both great pets and I love when cats and dogs are best friends.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Just like humans, there are good and bad cats and dogs. I seen both, I like both and dislike both for different reasons.

ATM due to the way I live, I prefer the company of a Cat, in the future I might have a dog, ones I get a bigger house.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given the framing of the thread and the fact that the OP has been banned, the thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.