• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Looks good! I got the invite for the closed beta but never redeemed it. Now I regret it. lol
You can still use it I think. My invite came in January but it allowed me to redeem it today.

My first impression is that you basically have to research all the keywords separately since it seems very inconsistent about telling you about them. Had to concede halfway through my first game since I had no idea what's going on outside the most basic of magic rules. If you have no knowledge of Magic, you have a lot to study up on outside the game since there's no tutorial yet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
You can still use it I think. My invite came in January but it allowed me to redeem it today.

My first impression is that you basically have to research all the keywords separately since it seems very inconsistent about telling you about them. Had to concede halfway through my first game since I had no idea what's going on outside the most basic of magic rules.
I've got time for limited gaming, so Hearthstone and OW are it for now. Can I transfer the code?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I've got time for limited gaming, so Hearthstone and OW are it for now. Can I transfer the code?
It for sure breaks the ToS agreement, but I doubt they care unless you turn it into a big deal or require payment.

I had to register a new seperate account before entering the key, so I doubt the key is pre-bound to anything.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Well, here goes then. Below is the code for the closed beta.

bne-tojs-1y4

If there are issues, please let me know and I'll try to work with you to get it started.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So, how is it? any reviews or impressions out there yet?
It works surprisingly well, and is very polished.

The billion phases of interruption making things slow in a digital format is still a problem, but there's not exactly much you can do about that.

I guess the time limits could be a lot shorter than it currently is, even if they have to increase the amount of overtime they give you to make up for it.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see that rogue legendary seeing much play in constructed, but it will be amazing in arena.

It always surprises me how strong budget hunter is. I crafted a budget hunter deck back in Un'Goro just so I had a deck for the occasional hunter quests. I haven't updated it with cards from the two recent expansions. Got a hunter quest today and won 3/4 of the games I played in standard casual with it.

Last edited:

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how much I enjoyed card review videos for expansions. I'm ready to get hyped for some 1 stars cards!

Went back to see some of the old reviews by streamers to see how the meta was in other sets. Nothing like seeing Trump trash priest in Un'Goro, any other highlight misses by streamers on card ratings? (Other than Corridor Creeper)

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how much I enjoyed card review videos for expansions. I'm ready to get hyped for some 1 stars cards!

Went back to see some of the old reviews by streamers to see how the meta was in other sets. Nothing like seeing Trump trash priest in Un'Goro, any other highlight misses by streamers on card ratings? (Other than Corridor Creeper)
*edit* I only rated Corridor Creeper a 3, same with my stream viewers. :(

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018

Kripp on Skull of the Man'ari sticks out to me because of how confident he was that it would be useless due to how weapon removal was going to be everywhere in the K&C meta. He wasn't the only one with that opinion either.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm still happy I was one of the few who read the Corridor Creeper card and rated it 5. :P My one accomplishment in correct prediction.
That is pretty impressive given how many got that one wrong.

My biggest accomplishment was probably calling Hunter Quest bad, not just because I foresaw it being bad, but because I aggressively argued that the card would be extremely bad while lifecoach was getting people to think that the card would be the game's downfall because of it being so good.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well you do almost guaranteed to lose if your skull got countered
what??? I mean, it's bad, but certainly that's not my experience, if it gets countered I still have my possessed lackeys to cheat the demons, and in any case, playing a doomguard isn't a huge deal unless Guldan or N'zoth are in hand

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
On a nice little run with Skulking Geist Priest. Has a nice matchup with most decks. Only really struggle with aggro but haven't run into any Paladins, surprisingly.

I'm seeing a lot more Cube Locks w/ Doomguard + Skull than Control Locks right now.

Oh god just played a Jade Druid who played Fig > Ramp > Medivh to destroy Fig > Ultimate Infestation into 10/10 + The Darkness and even more snowball from there.

Last edited:

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh on the last star before rank 1 and got drilled a new asshole back to 4 by nonstop Secret Mages. FML.

What's an anti-mage deck?

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I have around 80% winrate against those as combo priest

What is your pivot when you get hit with an early Skulking Geist?

That's my biggest issue with Combo Priest despite me loving the deck. I feel like a lot of the decks I run into with it is running one (Big Spell Mage / Control Warrior / Locks / Spiteful Priests / etc)

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It always amazes me when I'm deep into an arena run and my opponent disconnects. I was just playing a game at 10-1 in arena and my opponent had the advantage by the 4 mana turn. Then all of a sudden they just don't play any cards and time out. This continues for the next 3 turns and then the game ends and says "Your opponent has disconnected".

I've certainly had my fair share of disconnects in this game when I risk playing it in somewhere with unreliable cell service, but I usually plan ahead of time. If I know I'm going to be playing somewhere with unreliable cell service I make sure to play games I couldn't care less about losing, like casual, rather than late game arena runs.

But I'll gladly take a win in arena any way I can get it.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017

That's my biggest issue with Combo Priest despite me loving the deck. I feel like a lot of the decks I run into with it is running one (Big Spell Mage / Control Warrior / Locks / Spiteful Priests / etc)

I run 2 void rippers since they can be used as a board clear too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of my absolute favorite moments in Hearthstone are when my opponent mills themselves.

Recently it happens a lot with the Mage legendary weapon, but I just had it happen in arena with the shaman totem.

To cap it off, he devolved my doppelgangsters. Thanks, I guess?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017

I run crazed alchemist

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Almost crafted DMH warrior yesterday, then realized coldlight is gonna out, so I saved my dust.

I really can't play combo priest, just like aggro, or the old jade druid. Not my kinda deck. Eventhough I'm winning, I'm not feeling satisfied.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
only 1

I only play 2 and + temporus to counter queue fatigue warrior lol

Rofl I ran into a warrior. I kept my alchemist all game with 6x divine spirit (from DMH) in my hand with alchemist cause he kept destroying my minions getting ready to potion of madness at least. Motherfucker goes and King Togwaggles me + Skulking Geist with zero minions left for me. I leave him with a 320 damage Togwaggle to finish me off.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
what??? I mean, it's bad, but certainly that's not my experience, if it gets countered I still have my possessed lackeys to cheat the demons, and in any case, playing a doomguard isn't a huge deal unless Guldan or N'zoth are in hand
I don't think I agree with Doomguard discards being meaningless outside of Guldan and N'zoth. I don't care about every single card for every single matchup, but they all have very important rolls to play in various situations. It's extremely tough to make a plan around random discards even if they don't hit Guldan or N'Zoth.

And lackeys seem like a poor backup plan since once those demons are in your hand, lackeys can't do anything about that, and it doesn't seem worth it to always just play the skull even when you don't have demons in hand to pull out.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Oh my god, how did we miss Possessed Lackey so hard? Six people gave it a 3, and everyone else gave it less than that. BananasWithGuns is the only one to give Skull a 4 and no one gave it a 5.

Seems like no one gave Corridor Creeper a 5 here. Only bunbun777, Peleo, and Papercuts gave it a 4. Blizzard doesn't have an entry here either but I'll take their word for it.

I think I'd give Reckless Flurry the most overrated prerelease award. That card seems pretty bad in practice. But I guess some people still believe it's good enough to run for some reason. I'd probably like it better when Sleep with the Fishes rotates.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, how did we miss Possessed Lackey so hard? Six people gave it a 3, and everyone else gave it less than that. BananasWithGuns is the only one to give Skull a 4 and no one gave it a 5.

Seems like no one gave Corridor Creeper a 5 here. Only bunbun777, Peleo, and Papercuts gave it a 4. Blizzard doesn't have an entry here either but I'll take their word for it.

I think I'd give Reckless Flurry the most overrated prerelease award. That card seems pretty bad in practice. But I guess some people still believe it's good enough to run for some reason. I'd probably like it better when Sleep with the Fishes rotates.
Ugh, now no one will believe me! I forgot that I made my own spreadsheet and then kept forgetting to PM the contents of the spreadsheet or whatever, until eventually I lost the web browser tab and never got in.

If you believe the spreadsheet that's on my computer, here are the results for the mentioned cards in my tiny stream:

Possessed Lackey: Blizzard 2, stream 2
Corridor Creeper: Blizzard 3, stream 3 (I'm going to retcon this as a 5 though...3 clearly rounds up to 5)
Reckless Flurry: Blizzard 3, stream 4
Skull: Blizzard 3, stream 4

I'll go back and edit my post. I'm very sorry to have lied but it wasn't on purpose!

I'm almost certain I understood it was the opponent's minions and read the card correctly, but I still didn't rate it highly enough.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, now no one will believe me! I forgot that I made my own spreadsheet and then kept forgetting to PM the contents of the spreadsheet or whatever, until eventually I lost the web browser tab and never got in.

If you believe the spreadsheet that's on my computer, here are the results for the mentioned cards in my tiny stream:

Corridor Creeper: Blizzard 3, stream 3 (I'm going to retcon this as a 5 though...3 clearly rounds up to 5)

I'll go back and edit my post. I'm very sorry to have lied but it wasn't on purpose!

I'm almost certain I understood it was the opponent's minions and read the card correctly, but I still didn't rate it highly enough.

man we suuuuucked on those cards.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

Eh, it happens. I was sure I gave Call to Arms a 5 until I was looking through that and saw I gave it a 3. No clue how I missed that. I remember some talk here about it being basically nerf worthy even prerelease.

I would like to find someone who called Corridor Creeper correctly. It's amazing how unanimous that miss was. It seems like no one at Blizzard saw it coming either given how extreme they nerfed it so quickly.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't do the survey, but I remember my general thoughts:
-Lackey would be great.
-I thought Voidlord was horrible.
-Knew Call to Arms was crazy.
-Didn't even give consideration to Creeper being good.
-Thought Reckless Fury would make Control Warrior a thing again. :(

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't do the survey, but I remember my general thoughts:
-Lackey would be great.
-I thought Voidlord was horrible.
-Knew Call to Arms was crazy.
-Didn't even give consideration to Creeper being good.
-Thought Reckless Fury would make Control Warrior a thing again. :(

Don't forget about Oakhart

I think alotta people underrated him.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I remember my own bemusement at people getting hyped over reckless flurry.
Last time I saw Oakheart was when people were still playing that dragon ramp druid with dragon hatcher.
play oakheart to get 3 bodies, in the most meme list it was drakkari enchanter and dragon hatcher so 1 card pulls 2 big dragons and develops 5 bodies. big swing turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.