• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Elder Scrolls Legends is going through Morrowind spoiler season right now. Has a couple cards that would be cool in hearthstone.

dukevedamdren.png
mudcrabmerchant.png

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Elder Scrolls Legends is going through Morrowind spoiler season right now. Has a couple cards that would be cool in hearthstone.

dukevedamdren.png
mudcrabmerchant.png

I'm excited. The morrowind expansion comes out next Thursday. Feels like I've been waiting for it forever. The last big expansion releases in June of 2016.

Unfortunately for them I think they picked a bad time to release it. Right before a hearthstone expansion and right after the NdA dropped in magic arena.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard only good things about netrunner but I also absolutely loathe Robo Rally by Garfield.

Don't care for artifact as I don't have a need for a game on mobile that has neither Hearthstone's simplicity nor is mtg.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i don't think i've ever heard anyone say anything bad about android netrunner

i think game length is going to be vital - it can be more complex than hs, but can't be super long on mobile

i do love the idea of a card economy, too. hs never feels like i have a deck in my pocket, just future dust

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Egg Paladin is pretty solid in Wild for me, and only 3600 Dust too...

### Egg Paladin

• # 2x (1) Blessing of Might
  • # 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
  • # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
  • # 1x (2) Equality
  • # 2x (2) Haunted Creeper
  • # 2x (2) Knife Juggler
  • # 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
  • # 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
  • # 1x (3) Divine Favor
  • # 2x (3) Muster for Battle
  • # 1x (3) Rallying Blade
  • # 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
  • # 2x (4) Call to Arms
  • # 2x (4) Consecration
  • # 1x (4) Keeper of Uldaman
  • # 1x (4) Spellbreaker
  • # 2x (5) Fungalmancer
  • # 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
AAEBAaToAganBfIF9AXJFtmuArnBAgxG3AOvB7EI9Q36DeoP7Q+4xwLjywL40gLR4QIA

1 Necessary Legendary, 2 Necessary Epics.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions for the Rank 5->Legend grind in wild?

A bit earlier in the month, I would have said Secret mage. I'm not so sure now. I feel like I saw lots of people with either weapon destroying tech or secret tech recently. Though I haven't been trying to ladder much in Wild since hitting 5 early in the season in Wild.

My recommendation would be a deck you've played a lot of and are comfortable grinding hard with. Trying to learn a deck while climbing is hazardous to your rank.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Anyone have any suggestions for the Rank 5->Legend grind in wild?
I think Big Priest has the fewest hard counters in the meta. Mage is still a big counter, but there's usually less of them and more of paladin. This is what I used for the final push, going 22-10.

### Big Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Resurrect
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Horror
# 2x (5) Excavated Evil
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAa0GCPYC0wrWCqirAoW4AsLOAvDPAujQAgvXCpIP+hG3F6GsAre7AtHBAuXMAubMArTOAuPpAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oct 25, 2017
I forget when I started playing Hearthstone...maybe the Gadgetzan expansion? I don't think I ever hit rank 5 though. I just reached 5 today with murloc paladin despite lacking Tarim. I was something like 1200 dust short, but with the expansion coming I don't know if murloc paladin will be good anymore so I'll just wait.

At least starting at rank 9 next season means I'll have a decent chance of hitting 5 again. It took forever!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Big Priest has the fewest hard counters in the meta. Mage is still a big counter, but there's usually less of them and more of paladin. This is what I used for the final push, going 22-10.

### Big Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Resurrect
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Horror
# 2x (5) Excavated Evil
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAa0GCPYC0wrWCqirAoW4AsLOAvDPAujQAgvXCpIP+hG3F6GsAre7AtHBAuXMAubMArTOAuPpAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Yeah its ALL PALLIES lol

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah its ALL PALLIES lol
I know. The local meta basically shifts between complete rock/paper/scissors balance and nothing but paladin. I don't think it ever swings to paladin being underrepresented.

That big priest deck is pretty heavily teched against paladin, and went 11-2 in that matchup for me.

Before switching to big priest, I reached rank 2 with a combination of Cubelock, Giantlock, Burn Shaman, and Pirate Warrior, so I guess those could be options too.

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. From from opening hand and the first card my opponent plays I know whether I'm going to win or lose.

And it's just so mind numbing going up the same decks over and over. Like you said I'm very impressed with anyone who makes it to legend early in the month or in prior months. It's a pain in the ass now and this is the easiest it's ever been.

You can't predict every game outcome from the get go or even after each turn. Last night I sat down and grinded my way to Rank 5 with murloc paladin. I had multiple games where I thought I had lost during the 1st 4 or 5 turns. I either lost board or the other player had a perfect start. My last game was against another murloc paladin that Played turn 3 Call to Arms and turn 4 Call to Arms. I should have conceded, but I didn't concede and after a few careful plays pulled out a win. I never drew Call to Arms the whole game LOL.

I went 10-1 yesterday and never felt like I was winning the whole night. You have to pull these wins out, they don't just come from a good mulligan (it helps though).

As far as the Legend grind. Yes it is a grind. I've done it a few times now and every time it has been a soul sucking experience. It used to be worse because you would lose everything at the end of the month and a normal person doesn't even hit Legend until the last week or so and you get very little time to enjoy it. Before Rank floors I went from Rank 1 - Rank 7...that was infuriating.

I agree that the Legend run is not fun if you are stressing about making it for your first time. It's so much better now, after the rank changes, knowing you will only have to start at Rank 4. I feel for those who like playing at Legend there has never been a better time to go for it.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how valid this is....

s7jE4Vj.png

From Heartpwn, based on data mining

Any chance that means if you safe three quest for those days, you get there Witchwood Packs?

Might be just weird wording in their article

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think theres any insinuation that you can get multiple packs a day.

I wonder how valid this is....

s7jE4Vj.png

From Heartpwn, based on data mining

Any chance that means if you safe three quest for those days, you get there Witchwood Packs?

Might be just weird wording in their article

https://twitter.com/kana_acoustic/status/976840179754422272?s=19

Just try clear one quest every day, if it's witchwood pack, clear the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the first arena change with tons of legendaries. Is the new arena change (still power-balanced but fewer legendaries) going away at some point, or am I safe to hold off arena for a while? I'd like to at least try one of the changed modes.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I missed the first arena change with tons of legendaries. Is the new arena change (still power-balanced but fewer legendaries) going away at some point, or am I safe to hold off arena for a while? I'd like to at least try one of the changed modes.

Arena will see a big shift in meta again sometime in April alongside Year of the Raven, which will rotate out many high powered cards - especially for Mage (Fireland Portal and Primordial Glyph). "Tons of Legendaries" arena was not really a new mode; Blizz just got balancing wrong and had to make a change... they did not even force the high powered decks to be retired. There probably won't be another new mode that will force retire deck for many months, as even when Raven Arena starts old deck will not have to be retired.

Oct 25, 2017
Arena will see a big shift in meta again sometime in April alongside Year of the Raven, which will rotate out many high powered cards - especially for Mage (Fireland Portal and Primordial Glyph). "Tons of Legendaries" arena was not really a new mode; Blizz just got balancing wrong and had to make a change... they did not even force the high powered decks to be retired. There probably won't be another new mode that will force retire deck for many months, as even when Raven Arena starts old deck will not have to be retired.
Thanks. I guess I will try one more arena run for old time's sake before Raven starts up.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I have 3 quests now, should I clear one right now right?

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
So, the year of the raven celebration hits at 3am EST tomorrow as the servers roll over.

And 2pm EST today is the first card reveal stream.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, in order to finish 1 quest to make space for tomorrow, I built a meme divine shield paladin deck with the autofill option.

I somehow managed to beat a quest mage with it in casual, don't know if Quest Mage is really that bad now, the matchup was bad for it, or my opponent was terrible with the deck

Oct 25, 2017
Arena game, went against druid with 2x wrath and 1x swipe in the same hand, 2x silence minion, and 2x healing portal.

Next game, went against a shaman who played dopplegangster -> dopplegangster -> evolve for 7 minions by turn 6, with only one having less than 5 health. :(

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So, in order to finish 1 quest to make space for tomorrow, I built a meme divine shield paladin deck with the autofill option.

I somehow managed to beat a quest mage with it in casual, don't know if Quest Mage is really that bad now, the matchup was bad for it, or my opponent was terrible with the deck
I mean, silver hand paladin is a tier 1 deck that uses a lot of divine shield synergy, so I don't think you can really count that as a meme anymore

especially if you had call to arms in the deck

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, silver hand paladin is a tier 1 deck that uses a lot of divine shield synergy, so I don't think you can really count that as a meme anymore

especially if you had call to arms in the deck

There was no call to arms, and only included cards with divine shiled on the card text (no legendaries) and lots of minions that rarely see play like the 1 mana 0/2 with divine shield and taunt

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any board flood deck can beat any control/combo deck when they don't draw the right removal in time. Even if you literally just have one type of low cost minion in your deck.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think it is tomorrow. I left 1 pending quest yesterday so I can have 3 tomorrow and get packs off them.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Since we're so close to the next expansion, most people are saving up their gold for packs.

So at the moment arena is a bit tougher than usual because the majority of people playing it now are hardcore arena players.

Status
Not open for further replies.