Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Finally progressing from Rank 10 with my newly minted Pirate Warrior deck lol. Rank 8 with bonus stars still

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Rummaging Kobald seems too difficult to ever make OP enough to justify the huge lack of flexibility.

Zola the Gargon has a lot more potential. It's a lot easier to turn it into a 3 mana 2/2 draw a card for a worst case scenario, and I imagine there's more OP combos that could work with it.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I really don't think this is better than shadowcaster, shadowcaster reduces anything to 1 mana, which is huge since you only want to hit bonemares or minions with big battlecries to make enough value to surpass the 1 mana 1/1 cost. Zola on the other hand is making the exact same minion on the hand, no discounts, and potentially you want to hit battlecry minions with this, the difference is that you still have to pay full price for the copied minion.

also I think 4mana 4/4 is better than 3 mana 2/2

this has some good uses, specially when you want to have the full body of the minion again, but shadowcaster seems a bit better, still.
I would say Zola is a better card overall than Shadowcaster.

Shadowcaster can only work in rogue decks on 5 mana or less minions that have low stats for other benifits.

Zola can be used in any class on any 7 mana or less minion, and can be used two turns earlier for 5 mana or less minions. Net mana cost is as low or lower with 3 mana or less minions. Net stats are as good or better for any 3/3 minion or above.

There's certainly situations where shadowcaster is technically better, mostly comboing with low stated 4 or 5 mana cards or setting up a combo that otherwise costs 11+ mana, but I don't think that's worth the trade off for all the situations Zola is better for.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2QNv18z.png

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saying, the first time we get a Pot of Greed that draws two golden cards from your deck, or a Jackpot! card that puts all golden minions from your hand onto the board, I uninstall hearthstone because it's officially pay to win.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the high roll cards we've seen won't see play. But we are already in a high roll meta and that likely won't change. The rotation can't come soon enough.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that card looks fine if you somehow reveal a firelands portal or a bllizzard. still. on the average doesn't seems to summon big minions. I wonder how are the odds

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How much do you really save for going through all the trouble? Also, any concerns with using an emulator to access your Hearthstone game? I'd be mortified to get banned and lose access to a collection I've poured some cash into.

And when you say you use them there (as in, on amazon.com) does that mean you're linking your account to Amazon.com somehow and by adding it in there it automatically goes to your account? I guess I know nothing about Amazon coins, lol.

I'll be saving $10 this time since I usually wait until they put them at about that low before buying coins, I have now $100 in coins that I bough at about $80. I save them for preorders. there is no problem at all when using an emulator, nothing should worry you. You don't link in any way your amazon account with your blizzard account when you are using your coins. actually (and this is something I have done several times), you can use several amazon accounts to buy to your blizzard account. there is no problem at all with doing that.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So uh... Neutral, huh? Lots of current decks this might go in have BAD whiff conditions for that battlecry. Big Druid (and most other Big decks I've seen) end up running tons of low cost spells for removal and clearing so you definitely don't want this to hit like... Wild Growth, Innervate, Frostbolt, etc. Anything lower than like a 3 cost spell is gonna end up giving you not great stats.

Also since it is reveal and not draw you don't get any card advantage out of it so you really want those stats or tempo. I think you could design a deck to make it work well in. Perhaps a warlock deck with Medivh, 2x Twising Nether, Drain Souls, etc. But you have to exclude Soulfire then cause a 1/1 and 4/4 for 6 is bad. I like when cards make you THINK about the deck construction. That make a fun card even if in the end it isn't actually good.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't really see just trying to high roll that card in any normal deck, but i can see it in decks that run more expensive spells. You could definitely roll the dice on like a 3/4 odds of a high cost spell being revealed, especially with mulliganing for low cost spells.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think of Barnes. You basically never see that in any deck anymore that has any real chance of whiffing.

And that card has a double chance of whiffing. Revealing a low cost spell and getting a shitty minion with a high cost spell.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Seems pretty good in the Medivh/Call of the Wild hunter deck. Doesn't have too many low cost spells and can utilize weapons for cheap removal.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an odd card.
In order to make this cards good, you would have to give up early game removal.
This could work in druid or mage decks. Hitting a 2-3 mana card isn't that horrible,unless it happens way too often, but hitting a 7-10 mana can easily win you the game.
In any case it's a stupid high roll card and I already hate it.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
they've been doing ok regarding RNG lately so of course they had to throw all of that out again.

druid plays that get a 12/12 on turn 4, well played.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't think this is better than shadowcaster, shadowcaster reduces anything to 1 mana, which is huge since you only want to hit bonemares or minions with big battlecries to make enough value to surpass the 1 mana 1/1 cost. Zola on the other hand is making the exact same minion on the hand, no discounts, and potentially you want to hit battlecry minions with this, the difference is that you still have to pay full price for the copied minion.

also I think 4mana 4/4 is better than 3 mana 2/2

this has some good uses, specially when you want to have the full body of the minion again, but shadowcaster seems a bit better, still.

You're right, Zola isn't as good as shadowcaster in some situations. I guess I see using her for general "wouldn't it be good to have another one of these" situations
in addition to big battlecry minions, where shadowcaster is probably more efficient.

Also cool that she's neutral.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe hemet (that card that destroys cards under 3 will get more play. Nuke leftover small temoval spells then reveal some dooms and twisting nethers. I like it.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not feeling the Zola hype. you get a copy of a minion that you can have in your deck anyway and you have to pay full mana for it. it's a ton of value but it's slow and fair.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally progressing from Rank 10 with my newly minted Pirate Warrior deck lol. Rank 8 with bonus stars still
May I ask for a deck list? I had a 60+ win rate to rank 10 and basically can't ever get 2 stars at rank 10 now.

Pretty much everything seems involve random high value minions like bonemare, keleseth, the double taunt minion, etc.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
May I ask for a deck list? I had a 60+ win rate to rank 10 and basically can't ever get 2 stars at rank 10 now.

Pretty much everything seems involve random high value minions like bonemare, keleseth, the double taunt minion, etc.

It's just the regular pirate deck from hsreplay

https://hsreplay.net/decks/MO32B20oHZtohvnsJSunpc/

Just happened get into a nice little run where everyone had no answers for the aggro. Was mostly running into Big Priests/Druids.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the regular pirate deck from hsreplay

https://hsreplay.net/decks/MO32B20oHZtohvnsJSunpc/

Just happened get into a nice little run where everyone had no answers for the aggro. Was mostly running into Big Priests/Druids.
Thanks. Mine is 100% identical except for 2 spellbreakers and 1 of the 4-mana weapon damage boost pirate.

I did well when I had tons of priests, but now I see dragon and other priests, plus lots of warlock and rogue. It feels super random and I can't compete with high rolls any more.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
triple Sylvanas deck in wild. I don't know, hunter cards so far are all high cost/control stuff when hunter can never make it to the late game at this time.

we have 8 cost legendary that's actually not bad at all, 7 cost spell unplayable removal and another six drop. I don't know what they're thinking. Imagine that dragon or its effect was printed for hunter instead of giving priest yet another removal.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
i think that could reasonably be expected to pick up a solid deathrattle without killing your deck but it's still competing with highmane without doing anything that highmane doesn't.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I don't think it is very good. Carnivorous Cube seems much better for a DR focused deck and you can't run them both in the same deck since this has anti-synergy with Cube. Cube also works with Corpse Widow and this doesn't. Meh.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah I'd agree Cube is definitely better. Cube is pretty broken though lol. It's probably a staple in Hunter for the foreseeable future.

Carnivorous Cube alone makes me pretty excited to play Hunter.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you need to, on average, copy some very powerful deathrattles if you're going to play such a weak minion on turn 6.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So uhhhh.. That is REALLY GOOD in Wild. You can avoid bad Deathrattles and only put in stuff like Highmane, Sylvannas and Belcher and be good to go. Standard I am less sure about. Seems like a more dicey proposition.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Not really feeling the oozeling. You need better deathrattles than a highmane for it to be worth it; doesn't really fit in a regular deathrattle deck. You'd have to aim for some weird shenanigans like deathwing or sylvanas in wild.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Which meaningful deathrattles could hunter have? I mean, they could be pretty impactul...

Make a 5/5, make 2 2/2s, make 5 1/1s.... take control of a random enemy minion.

I mean, cube is good once you play that said minion, this is better before even drawing it.

The only downside I see is that it's 6 mana, which is way too slow for hunter, but still this is very interesting.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So uhhhh.. That is REALLY GOOD in Wild. You can avoid bad Deathrattles and only put in stuff like Highmane, Sylvannas and Belcher and be good to go. Standard I am less sure about. Seems like a more dicey proposition.
I don't know if putting those deathrattles into a worse stated minion is all that great.

I wonder most about comboing it with skelemancer. That card is kinda close to playable as it is thanks to the bonemare threat, and a 5/4 is hard to just leave alive.

Carnivorous Cube on the other hand looks crazy. That's a card that's going straight into an ancestral shaman deck with faceless manipulator. I love seeing how many 5 mana 10/10 taunts I can shove into my deck with white eyes or building an unkillable board of a billion 4/5 Bloodhoofs.

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty meh.
People mention Highmane and Sylvannas, but this card is worse than both of them and you don't want to play too many 6 drops anyway.
More importantly, you don't want to play weaker deathrattle if you are running this card.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
highmane will be rip in next rotation. This is meant to be played along their new legendary, it's not bad. Hunter just has other problem to play cards like this.

I'm not sure if your opponent can tell which deathrattle it got, could be funny.

Oct 25, 2017
highmane will be rip in next rotation. This is meant to be played along their new legendary, it's not bad. Hunter just has other problem to play cards like this.

I'm not sure if your opponent can tell which deathrattle it got, could be funny.

How does this help your new legendary? You actually want highmane off the new legendary. It's one of the best results. Also, highmane is not rip, it's classic.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
highmane was strongly suggested by Donais for hof. It's rip for sure, specially with these new cards being printed. Not now but 5 months from now.

With the new legendary, this can get DR put a beast from your deck into play, so when it dies you can get an actual highmane from this instead of 2 2/2s. I think you want chargers in a deck like that more like the 7/7 or gasp... King Krush. You can make a anti control deck here I think, it's not THAT bad.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any class HoF needs to be replaced by another card. Otherwise we'll have a slowly shrinking pool of classic cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.