Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
highmane was strongly suggested by Donais for hof. It's rip for sure, specially with these new cards being printed. Not now but 5 months from now.

With the new legendary, this can get DR put a beast from your deck into play, so when it dies you can get an actual highmane from this instead of 2 2/2s. I think you want chargers in a deck like that more like the 7/7 or gasp... King Krush. You can make a anti control deck here I think, it's not THAT bad.

yeah I'll wait and see on that.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with starting application? Just crashes on launch

I get this constantly and I have no idea how to fix it, it's not a problem on the other PC I play on.

I've re-installed, changed settings, cleared App Data and Program files, re-done drivers, made sure I don't have my overlays running, etc. It'll just crash every time then work fine when I reboot. I also get random freezes in the middle of a game.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone wants to nerf Mage when Mage is not even top tier right now? I also heard people hate Ice Block so much.

BTW, I am waiting for Mage cards to be revealed.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think if any Mage card should be moved to HoF it should/would be Ice Block. Though, to be honest, I think that card is kinda synonymous with the class so I think removing it from play would hurt the fluff of the class significantly.

zoggy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hof every good classic card.

I kind of like this idea. So standard is just vanilla minions and the current rotation.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mana wyrm and ice block going to wild would free them up to print more aggressive mage cards without breaking the game. without ice block races to lethal are fair.

i think the core identity of mage is using fire and ice and destroy things. ice block isn't central to the identity. but it is a card that gets used a lot and severely limits the design space around new mage cards.

highmane is pretty low on my wishlist for stuff to go to the hall of fame. i'd much rather see animal companion go before highmane.

other cards i want to see go: auctioneer, prep, doomsayer, acolyte of pain, frothing berserker. and i think they should un-nerf molten giant, knife juggler, ancient of lore, force of nature and move them over to the HoF.

i'm probably missing something but it's early and i've barely started on my coffee.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah, make the game even more expensive. that sounds like a good idea.

the problem is WAY too many of the classic cards are too good and see a lot of play. for new cards to replace them in competitive decks they have to either do something different that's just as good or be more powerful. blizzard has been relatively careful not to print things that are strictly more powerful ever since the creation of the Hall of Fame and the standard rotation. but moving a few cards a year over to wild doesn't solve the core problem. the real solution is to have a rotating classic set. they don't need to change it frequently. they could do it every 3 to 4 years or something like that. it doesn't really make the game more expensive. old players will have the cards anyway and new players don't know any different.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Removing classick pack from stalndard is good idea.. shadowverse doing that for their brand new rotation plan

Its blizzard own fault making wild an trash bin secondary mode so similar idea such a moving entire classic set will create big drama.

Such a shame

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would personally riot if that shit happens...

do you even realize how expensive this game already is?

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
its like 10% of classic card that seeing play.. its not that big of blow that you will think

And why we want those card stick forever in mode that supposed to be fresh?

zoggy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would personally riot if that shit happens...

do you even realize how expensive this game already is?
Classic packs cost as much as new packs.

Just have the basic cards plus the current rotation.

It makes the game cheaper because new players don't have to open a bunch of classic packs to build a solid collection before delving into the latest set.

And returning players can also jump back in anytime.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah removing classic actually made game cheaper..

One of big hurdle is you must build your classic collection despite most of it just junk..

If newer player not feel obligated buying classic pack they can jump straight to new pack

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
its like 10% of classic card that seeing play.. its not that big of blow that you will think

And why we want those card stick forever in mode that supposed to be fresh?

in razakus priest, 30% of the deck is classic cards, it varies a lot in each deck, my zoolock deck has about 10% and the other go back and forth on percentages, they still represent an important part of what makes standard today.

Classic packs cost as much as new packs.

Just have the basic cards plus the current rotation.

It makes the game cheaper because new players don't have to open a bunch of classic packs to build a solid collection before delving into the latest set.

And returning players can also jump back in anytime.

that for sure is good for new players, because it's one less set, but if those players decide to just leave the game and later return then they have to start all over again because wild is still like the forbidden world team 5 don't want to promote or balance at all.

for us who have a good collection on those classic cards, those cards still represent an important role in the meta, sure a lot of them ar garbage, but that's most sets, this is no different. I would suddenly lose 400 cards if they decide to make it "cheaper" which would make it just a lot more expensive for people like me.

I don't like at all the idea of just getting rid of classic.

Last edited:

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
As new a player classic cards aren't so bad, because I think good cards that you can use for a long time are a good investment, especially when you crafted them. Do you get your dust back, when these cards go to hall of fame?

Also when you remove all the classic cards, don't the expansions have to be bigger to make up for the lost cards?

Another question, how to deal with quests in that you have to play with a class that you only have trash decks for? Rerolling gave me just a smilar class specific quest:(

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
imagine quests and tavern brawls gave out actually usable packs instead of 40 dust per week, yeah. Classic set is very low value now, there are not that many good cards anymore with nerfs and hofs, maybe less than 50, might as well take out all of it. Really like what SV is doing.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lone-champion.png

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
that's very good, tar creeper ended up being more useful for aggro in the end as predicted so they made another one that's not. Honestly you could play this in rogue, 1 drop / dagger / turn 3 it's probably online. Not sure if it's that bad for any type of aggro.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the expense of hearthstone is a problem but it's completely overblown.

blizzard is too stingy with gold and free cards. quests should give me gold, 3 wins should give more gold, arenas and tavern brawls should allow you to choose your pack type, dungeon runs should award small amounts of gold or dust.

the ladder needs to be fixed. there wouldn't be pressure on new players to craft meta decks if they never saw them on ladder.

a smaller issue is perception. most of the people complaining are comparing hearthstone to other free to play mobile games and not to CCGs. Hearthstone is tremendously cheaper than magic. a top meta deck in magic costs hundreds of dollars. I don't know if it's ever going to be possible to address this issue in particular. I think making the changes I suggested above will go a long way to mitigate it. you're always going to have people whining.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
seems like a good card. it fits perfectly the control archetypes and also helps those decks focused only on combos. even razakus has a tendency of not placing many minions, so this could help.

again, not sure if this could be in meta, but I like how this looks

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That card is good, but the three drop slot is already packed for good taunts.

Edit: But maybe this is better than the other options. I have been down on taunts lately because aggro bypasses them in so many ways. The divine shield makes it harder to cheese out.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Lone Champion could be very good in midrange handbuff Paladin. You sacrifice tempo on the first two turns to buff your hand and then you play a 4/6 Divine Shield Taunt on 3.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, TCGs != CCGs

on TCGs you actually own things, on CCG we don't own anything, we can't sell or trade anything either. they are very different.

also Magic looks extremely overpriced. Similar to HS compared to the other CCGs

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
they absolutely do not retain their value. as soon as a rotation happens their value plummets to pennies on the dollar.
that depends on their eternal and EDH playability. Rares that are literally only good in stadard go down hard post rotation but that's on you for not cashing out in time. Cards that see play in modern, legact and or EDH retain their price.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another question, how to deal with quests in that you have to play with a class that you only have trash decks for? Rerolling gave me just a smilar class specific quest:(

Depends on the value of the quest maybe, sometimes it can feel bad to re-roll 60g+. Personally, I'd ignore the quest. Wait until the next day, hope for one you can reasonably achieve as your brand new quest then also re-roll the trash quest (again) and hope you also luck out with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.