• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity, and this morning was incredibly muggy here; the worst I've felt in ages.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I work in an ice cream factory, these temperatures mean that we have to eat all the excess ice cream... this not good, I'm going to turn fat!

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
In a Greek Island anything less than 30c in the summer is considered a good day.Today was not a good day,over 35c with zero bofor,god we are absolutely fucked in a few decades...

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Work a/c is turned off because why in the fuck who knows. I have a window and fan, but that's not going to cut it. Home is even worse, such that I won't go back until 7/8pm when it has started to cool down. Might bail on London and go see my parents then I can work in a beach hut.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2019-06-23_10.10.28.png

help

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like that north and western germany will dodge the worst parts of the heat on wednesday (phew). For the rest tho ... im sorry guys.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
In Spain:

1db5c18a-e2af-4d1b-af3f-224ddc48cb9b.png

which can be summarized like:

6e216cdd-6bcb-4efc-b567-ee0ccf5054d2.png

Feels nice that two years in a row IT IS FUCKING HOTTER IN SWEDEN THAT BACK IN MY HOMETOWN.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
AS someone who is going to vacation 2 weeks starting this sunday, should I be worried?

I guess it will be hard to wait in lines for the tourist attractions.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AS someone who is going to vacation 2 weeks starting this sunday, should I be worried?

I guess it will be hard to wait in lines for the tourist attractions.

At least in Germany it looks like this heat will be over beginning next week. Sunday it will still be HOT though.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
This doesn't prove Global Warming, the slight yearly average temperature increase does, just like the very cool summer so far in the US doesn't disprove it either.

True. Things like this prove global warming:
europe-TAVG-Trend.png

42220626_401.png

When people tie these to global warming, it's more that we should expect these heat waves to be the new normal as opposed to just an extreme weather event happening because.

Also, the predicted cool summer in the USA is also completely allowable under global warming. All the moisture dumped into the US that is currently drowning the entire Midwest is like the main driver behind this and that is pure climate change in action. The El Nino is also weak this year, which can't be guaranteed to be weak going forward, especially with all that energy in our atmosphere which is currently fucking up our jet stream...

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Today was borderline, spent thirty minutes walking in it in the morning and again in the evening and both times it was unpleasant. Weather forecast I saw earlier was extremely distressing, but now it looks more favourable. Anything pushing 30 is a no no for me.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
RIP me.
Usually I walk from the train station to work, but this week I'll take the bus for the first time in forever.
Also fuck the law in Basel to not let companies install A/C.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
You know it's a heatwave when your cold water in your faucet/shower is just as hot as your hot water.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
East Scotland thankfully dodging the worst of it. Humidity will be annoying though, pollen count is getting up there too.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland here and just got a new puppy, he overheats after about 2 minutes outside, it's supposed to hit 36 wednesday and thursday, we don't have AC so I am just sitting in the house with the blinds and windows closed as long as possible