• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want a Corrosive Warbond. Acid Gun, Toxic Slugger, Gas Grenade, Corrosive Rifle that shreds armor.

The Gas Strike is secretly one of the best stratagems considering the short cooldown and how it works.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want a single new DoT weapon/strategem added to the game until they fix the bug that makes them worthless unless you're the host. Fix the shit that doesn't work before adding more shit that doesn't work.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Finally got some bug time in now that the Automatons have been taught a lesson in Managed Democracy™ and, man, there's no better feeling than a giant laser being shot through the head of a rampaging Charger as it closes in on you.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anybody else get an issue after peeing someone where letter, not all, within weekend just vanish?
wtf-what.gif

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Hello fellow friends. I feel like I need to dive in and play this with friends, but I am intimidated and feel like I am way behind the curve on this game. Is there a good tutorial video or something that you can tell me to ease my fears

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Hello fellow friends. I feel like I need to dive in and play this with friends, but I am intimidated and feel like I am way behind the curve on this game. Is there a good tutorial video or something that you can tell me to ease my fears
This is the 10 minute one that I watched. Did the trick perfectly, I was a little confused starting out.
One of the better parts of the game is how it eases you in on easy difficulties and ramps it up as you want. There are 9 difficulties, so there is a place to learn stuff and nobody expects anything out of you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaLcFVKMyrI

Last edited:

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do servers really seem shitty for everyone on Mondays?
Not the first time for us, but tonight's play session was a total shit show (3 PCs, 1x PS5). Constant drops, server lag causing unachieveable objectives, etc.
We generally have a good time, but I think this is at least the third Monday night we experience severe server problems.

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else get an issue after peeing someone where letter, not all, within weekend just vanish?

Yeah I've had this before. I think it was a driver issue and I needed to update

I had this same issue after peeing... or was it that Nvidia driver updates?

It was (maybe still is) and issue with Nvidia drivers and this game. The issue I had was when Control Center updated to newer drivers and I would get the random letters disappearing. A quick roll back once version didn't fix it either. I ended up going back to 31.0.15.4665 and that has fixed the issue. I haven't updated since as I haven't seen a patch note saying it has been resolved. If you move forward in the drivers and don't get the issue, please report back. It wasn't a problem that happened right away and it took a day or so to manifest when I last updated it.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Grenade Pistol + Ballistic Shield is tons of fun for bots. Striders and Heavy Devastators can't do anything to you and you can one or two shot multiple of them at the same time depending on your aim and their proximity to each other.

I also messed around with the Crossbow. Seems surprisingly decent for crowd control, but then I question why you wouldn't just use the Eruptor instead? But it was good enough to use on diff 7, and I can't imagine it wouldn't be on 9, too. It seems suboptimal but not unusable.

Last edited:

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Super Samples can spawn behind buddy doors? Just wrapped up a level 7 where we scoured the map and couldn't find them. The only thing that stuck out was a buddy door I wasn't able to open.

I'm guessing they're always with the large rock and we somehow just missed it, lol.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Super Samples can spawn behind buddy doors? Just wrapped up a level 7 where we scoured the map and couldn't find them. The only thing that stuck out was a buddy door I wasn't able to open.

I'm guessing they're always with the large rock and we somehow just missed it, lol.
I don't believe so. I've only ever seen it spawns from the chicken drumstick

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017

Any sample inside the door or container are bonus samples that aren't part of the total number displayed, so no. For example, if you collected all the rares on the field but also found one in the container the game would actually show 29/28 as the total.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
can anyone confirm the 'superior packing methology' ship upgrade actually works? I've a person say it wasn't working for them.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I'm not particularly creative or experimental when it comes to loadouts, so I think the grenade pistol is my favorite item from the new warbond. Like I almost never used my sidearm before (at the point I have to resort to it, I'm usually too overwhelmed for it to help), so it's nice to make use of that one last resource. I like using it to open up hunkered-down armored bugs, or stunning things so I have an opportunity to run away and regroup..

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Just started using the Eruptor which is incredibly satisfying.

I haven't bought the Crossbow yet but it looks very similar stats-wise. Not understanding the different utility between the two?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Just started using the Eruptor which is incredibly satisfying.

I haven't bought the Crossbow yet but it looks very similar stats-wise. Not understanding the different utility between the two?
Crossbow can be used in stealth contexts but has very little armor penetration and can't destroy fabricators/bug holes

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I don't believe so. I've only ever seen it spawns from the chicken drumstick

If you turn on your sample inventory in the menu settings, it will show the totals collected and total available on the map. Supers are on all missions over 7 (minus the eridicate and defense ones). The super sample rock is always the same basic shape; but, the game throws some curve balls at you where it can be more closely resembling the "false" sample rocks. The false ones are usually somewhat malformed. Sometimes the false only has one side that is not the proper shape and other times it can have webbing on it. They can be a pain to find on maps with heavy spores/haze or the maps with big mountains. I've even found the sample rock buried in a low spot on map where you couldn't see it from the "regular" ground level. They are sneaky buggers sometimes.

Best strategies are:

- Bug planets are easier to search and extract from for most players.
- Best armour for bugs is light and that comes in the stealth variety. It's what I wear for every bug mission. It's so easy to stay out of combat. *Also with the stealth perk, you can get in and most importantly out of combat so easily by simply running.
- If your group/team is struggling to stay alive with the samples, designate one person to carry them. Have everyone drop theirs before extract and the runner picks them up and leaves the area. They wait until the shuttle is coming down (actually in the sky dropping) before heading in and simply runs straight to the ship.
- Pick a planet that has good visibility.
- Use every chance you have an unobstructed view to look around.
- Steer high on a hillside, even if it's a bit out of the way, to get a better vantage point to look.
- If the map has a radar, the sample rock is a point of interest, so use it to guide you to places you haven't been to yet.
- Although this seems like a no-brainer concept... do the main objectives on the map and only the ancillary objectives directly in your paths to them to get the mission done. Then spread out on the way to extract to sweep your way around the place to finsh things up. That way you have the greatest amount of time to search when you are done.
- The blitz maps and surprisingly enough the very hated essential personel mission are great ways to get supers. The maps are small and have the samples.

I reached the sample caps again yesterday after upgrading the destroyer, so if you ever need any help farming samples - let me know. My niece and I just did 3 campaigns in a row and we left each mission with all the supers and 90% of all the rares on each of the maps. I find the risk/reward of doing the sample farming on Helldive worth it; but, you can always step down the difficulty as needed if you can't make it to the Pelican.

Good luck.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Had a weird experience last night and don't know if I was just unlucky but literally every game I started in had us swamped with enemies within 20 seconds. I mean like proper wave after after wave swamped. I've had that before but randomly, this time though it was literally every game I played apart from the first one. Must have been 5-6 in a row where we dropped in and were immediately swarmed with devastators, hulks and even tanks!

On the plus side, hopped on briefly this morning to mop up my 50 mine kills personal order!

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Small patch out:

Code:
🛠️ PATCH 01.000.203 ⚙️
🌎 Overview
This update includes
Fixes to armor passives.
Various improvements to stability.

📍 Gameplay
CE-27 Ground Breaker armor now has the Engineer Kit passive as previously advertised.

🔧 Fixes
Fixed an issue that resulted in different damage being dealt enemies between PC and console players.
Red boxes in defense missions are no longer visible.
Major orders should now properly display text.
Fixed multiple crashes that could occur in the loadout screen when other players left or joined the game.
Fixed multiple crashes that could occur after extraction when the mission results and rewards were shown.
Fixed crash which could occur when throwing back a grenade while wielding a heat-based weapon.
Fixed crash that could occur when hosting a play session migrates to another player.
Fixed crash that could occur if too many civilians spawn.
Fixed various other crashes that could occur when deploying to mission.
Fixed various other crashes that could occur during gameplay.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Small patch out:

Code:
🛠️ PATCH 01.000.203 ⚙️
🌎 Overview
This update includes
Fixes to armor passives.
Various improvements to stability.

📍 Gameplay
CE-27 Ground Breaker armor now has the Engineer Kit passive as previously advertised.

🔧 Fixes
Fixed an issue that resulted in different damage being dealt enemies between PC and console players.
Red boxes in defense missions are no longer visible.
Major orders should now properly display text.
Fixed multiple crashes that could occur in the loadout screen when other players left or joined the game.
Fixed multiple crashes that could occur after extraction when the mission results and rewards were shown.
Fixed crash which could occur when throwing back a grenade while wielding a heat-based weapon.
Fixed crash that could occur when hosting a play session migrates to another player.
Fixed crash that could occur if too many civilians spawn.
Fixed various other crashes that could occur when deploying to mission.
Fixed various other crashes that could occur during gameplay.

I do appreciate the crash fixes... But I do hope they finally getting the "known issues" list smaller, I swear it's only getting bigger over time with some on the list for a month+.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently factory strider spawnrate was also massively increased

whyyy, it's already crazy enough 😭

Having them mission specific seems cool tho.

Also, damn I wish we got some campaings where all factions are fighting, imagine Divers vs Bugs vs Automatons. Bile Titan vs Factory Strider with 4x 500kg bombs in the mix, I'd love to see that.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
whyyy, it's already crazy enough 😭

Having them mission specific seems cool tho.

Also, damn I wish we got some campaings where all factions are fighting, imagine Divers vs Bugs vs Automatons. Bile Titan vs Factory Strider with 4x 500kg bombs in the mix, I'd love to see that.
I have never seen a factory strider before today and many others havent either so the spawn rate was definitely not high haha

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
Just had my first encounter with a factory strider, the team of randoms i was in dsalt with them so quickly i didn't really see much of what they can do.
Any strats for taking them down?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just had the eruptor explosion push my character under the terrain, causing my death, twice in a row. when the same thing happened to me with randoms the other night i assumed it was some sort of server jankiness due to not being the host (as seems to be the case for some other bugs) but this happened during a solo run. kinda frustrating - i'm assuming the janky physics that push you forwards instead of backwards from the explosion can also push downwards instead of upwards, resulting in you clipping through the ground.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
From the community manager on Reddit:

This is patently untrue.

Arrowhead still has a very small team compared to the success of the game, and while we have dedicated QA, the people fixing bugs with weapons and armor for example are the same people in charge of making new weapons and armor.

It's important to us to maintain the cadence that we promised - one warbond per month - but equally important to everyone to fix the glaring bugs and technical issues. There's just only so much time in a work week.

So this does explain quite a bit.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Titan is not comparable to Factory. Titan goes down instantly, Factory takes some solid beating before it goes down.

Gunships and Factory are a nasty combo. I assume bugs will get their equivalent of Factory soon.

Last edited: