Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand why people care so fucking much if game is an exclusive or not. Exclusivity doesn't make a better game.

I haven't checked, but in my experience there's actually not that many people cared (or voice their displeasures on twitter) about exclusivity. It's just twitter users with way bigger followers brought them up and made us think "wow people are dumb".

(People are, but stuff like this is usually exaggerated)

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
I really don't understand why people care so fucking much if game is an exclusive or not. Exclusivity doesn't make a better game.

"It's not enough that I win; Others must fail."

I honestly think it's because they love and identify with a thing so much that they consider it "theirs" in a way.
You'd think if they enjoyed something so much they'd want its audience to be as huge as possible, but instead they want it to be just for them, even if it kills the thing they feel so much for.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Someone please tell me where the "enemies of PS" thing originate, please
The phrase itself isn't new, I don't think, but it's being memed here right now because of this post/series of posts in this thread
www.resetera.com

God of War: Ragnarök delayed to 2023 according to Gamereactor Spain (UPDATE: See threadmarks) Rumor

I live in Spain, Gamereactor has not any credibility.. This is another FUD attack from the enemies of ps, same old shit. Keep Calm guys.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
"It's not enough that I win; Others must fail."

I honestly think it's because they love and identify with a thing so much that they consider it "theirs" in a way.
You'd think if they enjoyed something so much they'd want its audience to be as huge as possible, but instead they want it to be just for them, even if it kills the thing they feel so much for.
Yeah, actually made me think of bratty kids not sharing their toys or letting others on the sandbox.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020

A buddy and I always joke when a formerly GamePass exclusive game comes to PS5 a few months later: "Crap, we gotta play the game now before its shit!"
It's hilarious when you say it out loud and realize how stupid it sounds – and wrong, of course.

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
How is this thread not closed and already ten pages long? Crazy.

Umm, I think the same discussion came about when Kojima went on the Microsoft stage to announce Metal Gear Solid Rising (as it was called back then). And what happened? Nothing. He continued to make successful games.

EDIT:
Oh, if this is satire because of the one twitter post then kudos to OP for making me look dumb.

FYI, it's not a Twitter post. It was a post back in the old forum in 2008, when Square Enix announced that they would be releasing FFXIII on Xbox 360. If you google the sentence "square just shot themselves in the foot," you'll find it quite easily.

Feb 16, 2022
The phrase itself isn't new, I don't think, but it's being memed here right now because of this post/series of posts in this thread
www.resetera.com

God of War: Ragnarök delayed to 2023 according to Gamereactor Spain (UPDATE: See threadmarks) Rumor

I live in Spain, Gamereactor has not any credibility.. This is another FUD attack from the enemies of ps, same old shit. Keep Calm guys.
Thank you. The response there seems a bit... over the top, considering the original post came across like there's a language barrier that muddled things a bit. It's still a ridiculous sentiment, but I kinda feel bad for the guy lol

Yeah, gonna stop reading right here.
But why

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Damn you line break.

Hideo Kojima just shot himself
Small heart attack
in the foot
Oh it is just a lame meme

Mind you, I think it is normally funny, when we are talking about corporations, not people.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Haha, yeah. Sorry, fell for that.
Forgot about that meme for a second.

Last edited:

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Why are first pages so embarrassing to read as of late on Era? The dogpilling on OP for using a classic meme, jesus...

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I am feeling old as shit reading people reacting like "wow what an old GAF pasta"' or "what the fuck is this", that shit feels like it was 3 years ago.

Is there a significant amount of members here that were never on GAF?

Long live gaming forums lol

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
A buddy and I always joke when a formerly GamePass exclusive game comes to PS5 a few months later: "Crap, we gotta play the game now before its shit!"
It's hilarious when you say it out loud and realize how stupid it sounds – and wrong, of course.
Yeah, I saw someone seriously saying that once Ghostwire Tokyo finally comes to Xbox the tech and graphics will already be outdated so it's actually a loss for Xbox. Fanboy brains are fascinating. And sad.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
gr8 b8 m8 8/8

(Also, I know this pasta only secondhand, haven't been on GAF)

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I almost love the fact to see that no matter what happens in the world, no matter the generation, we will always have posts like these:

FVJF1gYXEAI-lyC

It's good to have rock solid, never changing, everlasting things in your life.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you. The response there seems a bit... over the top, considering the original post came across like there's a language barrier that muddled things a bit. It's still a ridiculous sentiment, but I kinda feel bad for the guy lol

Yeah, being spanish myself I can tell you there's definitely a language barrier that muddled things a bit, it's interesting that you picked up on it....also some of the response was fueled by the same ridiculous sentiment that poster had, so it's always the same two-faced coin

There's a lot of hypocrisy in this kind of threads, this one included, when the ones laughing hardest are some of the ones that complained the most when exclusivity is on the other camp...Kojima was bad/good when Death Stranding released as a PS exclusive, now he's good/bad that he's releasing the mobile game on Xbox, and he'll be bad/good again if Death Stranding 2 is a PS exclusive yet again.

Same goes for Atlus, from hero to zero, or from zero to hero

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Just more proof that the majority of Era is uncultured swine. You're given the rich caviar of a classic meme and you ask why some guy be giving you weird black jelly shit.

/s