• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I think Kojima is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills console fanboys and doesnt afraid of anything.

MarinZero

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2022
I hope Kojima gets a nice $30 italian meal as part of his contract with Xbox

NwqsK-d.webp

Italian FOOOOOOD

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Since this is the old people thread when we gonna bring over gaudy signatures to this forum? I want to see some atrocious anime banners going.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I'm just commenting so I can be part of this whenever they inevitably move this thread to The Vault lmao

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
I refuse to believe this is nit satire or....
Wtf is goin on recently with these sony fanboys in this forum?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEraβ„’ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
urpfQiN.gif

Console Wars...have changed.

It's no longer about high scores, the FPS genre, or honor. It's an endless series of forum battles fought by astroturfers and bot accounts. Console wars, and their consumption of life, have become a well-oiled machine.

Steam-tagged soldiers carry Steam-tagged special editions, use Steam-tagged gear. Gamer Fuel inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Storefront control, social media control, insider control...gamer control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from Consumers of Mass Destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

When the social media and message board accounts are under total control, console wars become routine.

KY1DP3.gif

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
I'm not from the old place, but even I knew which meme it was going to be from the title. I thought maybe there'd be a twist, like a poorly 'shopped image of Kojima literally shooting his own foot. But no matter. It's always nice to poke fun at console warriors even with old copypasta.

Please Kojima, dont leave us.

On a more serious note, this little plea at the end of the petition makes me feel a little bad for these zealots. πŸ™

They really do feel… Abandoned.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I'm actually scared for the fact that a lot of people in this thread do NOT recognise this is a pasta.

I'm not that old, right?...

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually scared for the fact that a lot of people in this thread do NOT recognise this is a pasta.

I'm not that old, right?...

Zoomers aren't on this forum (or ANY forum, really).

So no, its a bunch of people your age that SOMEHOW never heard of this meme. For reference, I've known about this meme since like 2010/2011, despite the fact that I didn't join GAF until 2013. It was just that popular...

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Kojima's new game with Xbox is apparently cloud based and ofc I am outraged about it. it's insane that he would make a cloud game in this day and age where cloud tech is still developing and with an enemy of PlayStation no less.

I will sign that petition. I will also be playing the game but rest assured I will still be very angry about it throughout my playthrough.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
A viral tweet from Jon Cartwright spotlit a Change.org petition to "cancel Kojima Xbox exclusive game." And at the time of writing, has amassed over 1,500 signatures and counting since its creation.
Warz. Warz never changes. I don't know what's more annoying, that this meme is still doing the rounds or that gamers are making petitions to cancel projects on platforms they don't like.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
There are some attempts at shitposting that miss the mark completely.

This is not one of those examples.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Hideo Kojima just bought a $30 italian meal.

I. Hideo Kojima, got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

NwqsK.jpg
I've seen this one before but...
This cost 30$??
What's that in the paper glass?