• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
5yKBgUb.png

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hip Hop historians of Era I need your help.

There was a rap duo in the 90's 200's comprised of a heavy set African American and a Caucasian American. They made a lot of music then vanished. For about a week I've almost had their name on the tip of my tongue but simply can't remember their names, album(s), or group name.

Please help.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

There was a rap duo in the 90's 200's comprised of a heavy set African American and a Caucasian American. They made a lot of music then vanished. For about a week I've almost had their name on the tip of my tongue but simply can't remember their names, album(s), or group name.

Please help.
one of these?

People Under the Stairs
Danger Doom
Felt
The Away Team
Dälek
The Doppelgangaz
Emanon
The Foreign Exchange
Run the Jewels

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW

Please help.
Company Flow? There were 3 though

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
We have a winner! Thanks Koozek

Though I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't remember Killer Mike being one half of the Duo. smh.
LOOL, i was so close to not including them because i assumed there was no way you'd forget their name (especially Killer Mike) since they're a fairly recent duo and started their career only in around 2013. i thought you were looking for one from the 90's/early 00's.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOOL, i was so close to not including them because i assumed there was no way you'd forget their name (especially Killer Mike) since they're a fairly recent duo and started their career only in around 2013. i thought you were looking for one from the 90's/early 00's.

Good music always makes me feel like Rap is in a different era.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
this year's been really solid. i mean no masterpieces have dropped or anything, it's just been a lot of good/great albums. and that's fine w me

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seriously solid. I remember so many people saying this year was weak for music in the pitchfork thread. I don't know what the hell people want. Plenty of dope albums.

Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm still stuck wanting sounds like late 90's and early 2000's hip-hop. Everything nowadays sounds like trap music to me. Not ... musical enough. That probably doesn't make sense.

I'm also probably not listening to the right albums.

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
2018 has been incredible for hip-hop albums. Listen to that Reset Earl song or (whatever his name is), he lists a bunch.

Oh just realised I can tag Earl

lol

EDIT: private profile nvm

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You got to be the biggest pothead ever to not remember RTJ and you gotta be smoking that good good if you remember RTJ coming out 25 years ago.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm still stuck wanting sounds like late 90's and early 2000's hip-hop. Everything nowadays sounds like trap music to me. Not ... musical enough. That probably doesn't make sense.

I'm also probably not listening to the right albums.
yes. here are some non-trap albums from the last two years or so that you should like - no excuse really unless you checked some of them out and if you still don't like much of them then you probably don't enjoy Hip-Hop anymore and only enjoy your nostalgia for it:

Joey Badass - All Amerikkkan Badass (Youtube)
Bas - Too High To Riot (Youtube)
Smino - blkswn (Youtube)
Saba - Bucket List Project (Youtube)
Saba - CARE FOR ME (Spotify)
Noname - Telefone (Youtube)
Slum Village - Yes! (Youtube)
Elzhi & Khrysis - Jericho Jackson (Spotify)
Black Milk - FEVER (Spotify)
Phonte - No News Is Good News (Spotify)
Sy Ari Da Kid - Better Safe Than Sy Ari (Spotify)
Oddisee - The Iceberg (Spotify)
Masta Ace & Marco Polo - A Breukelen Story (Spotify)
Black Eyed Peas - Masters of the Sun Vol. 1 (Spotify)
EarthGang - Royalty (Spotify; SoundCloud)
Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade (Youtube)
GoldLink - At What Cost (Youtube)
Michael Christmas - Role Model (Spotify; SoundCloud)
Payroll Giovanni & Cardo - Big Bossin' Vol. 1 (Youtube)

You got to be the biggest pothead ever to not remember RTJ and you gotta be smoking that good good if you remember RTJ coming out 25 years ago.
hahaha

Oct 29, 2017
yes. here are some non-trap albums from the last two years or so that you should like - no excuse really unless you checked some of them out and if you still don't like much of them then you probably don't enjoy Hip-Hop anymore and only enjoy your nostalgia for it:

Joey Badass - All Amerikkkan Badass (Youtube)
Bas - Too High To Riot (Youtube)
Smino - blkswn (Youtube)
Saba - Bucket List Project (Youtube)
Saba - CARE FOR ME (Spotify)
Noname - Telefone (Youtube)
Slum Village - Yes! (Youtube)
Elzhi & Khrysis - Jericho Jackson (Spotify)
Black Milk - FEVER (Spotify)
Phonte - No News Is Good News (Spotify)
Sy Ari Da Kid - Better Safe Than Sy Ari (Spotify)
Oddisee - The Iceberg (Spotify)
Masta Ace & Marco Polo - A Breukelen Story (Spotify)
Black Eyed Peas - Masters of the Sun Vol. 1 (Spotify)
EarthGang - Royalty (Spotify; SoundCloud)
Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade (Youtube)
GoldLink - At What Cost (Youtube)
Michael Christmas - Role Model (Spotify; SoundCloud)
Payroll Giovanni & Cardo - Big Bossin' Vol. 1 (Youtube)

hahaha

Brilliant, thanks for the recommendations. I've actually listened to the Elzhi and Masta Ace albums and really liked both so I'll make a point of trying the others you recommended.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
imagine all the shit they could make and then never put out together

Status
Not open for further replies.