• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, in your "How can things get worse for Kanye?" alert:
1) He snubs John Legend.
DbuPLXVVAAArf2E.jpg:large

2) He's watching Jordan Peterson.
STOP SAYING SHIT THAT MAKES SENSE AND STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY FREE THINKING!!!!

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got to see Eric B and Rakim a few nights ago. Great show, and I got to meet Rakim and Terminator X as well. Rakim was so cool and really spent time with the fans. good stuff and a hell of a show. Best ever!

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
I hate to say it

But Kenny is gonna defend Ye and Chance with some non answer bullshit that makes him finally be realized as the pseudo intellectual he is

That means hip hops savior is gonna be a combo of J Cole and Vic Mensa

Damn, I agree with ViewtifulJC on Drake having to be the savior but goddamnit, this timeline is fucked inside and out.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to see Eric B and Rakim a few nights ago. Great show, and I got to meet Rakim and Terminator X as well. Rakim was so cool and really spent time with the fans. good stuff and a hell of a show. Best ever!
I got free tickets to see them at their New York stop and it was cool. They were a lot better live than I expected but their opening act was the "Ready Player One" of DJ sets: just an hour and a half of "remember that cool song from the 80s? Well, what about this one from the 90s? What about this obscure gem from a Dr. Dre?"

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Drake is not your savior. His lyrics always on the manipulative side, and there are multiple women who have said that he's sent them threatening text. Plus Baka.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...our opening act was yoyo. She was ok.. The other guy was a local dude and then some big ass muscular dude. We missed his act, as I had to get my boy a cab. He got fucked up and missed the show. Rakim just confirmed for me that he is the goat. His presence was on point. I feel blessed that I got to see him as he has always been my favorite. It will go right behind the 2pac concert I saw back in the day for sure....

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You deify celebrities, you in for a rude awakening when you find out they just as capable of ain't shit behavior as anybody else .

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he say the N-Word multiple times?
We talked about that a few weeks ago actually, see:
I mean it's not some horrible statement; but it is more excuse and "sure I'll stop using it" than apology to me:

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/07/nav-interview-2017

Well, it's like, the neighborhood I grew up in is very multicultural. It goes from Chinese to white to black to Jamaican, everything, right? Everybody uses that word freely. A Chinese guy is saying it to me, I'm saying it to a black guy, a black guy's saying it to me. It's all like that. I was making music for me and my friends in the beginning. So I didn't really think anything of it. But then once I got to the global level and I started seeing a little bit of backlash, I totally cut it out. I respect it. In my neighborhood it's cool, but out here it's not cool. So I just play by the rules. [On Perfect Timing], you won't hear me say it once.

That's all I could find at least.
So, there's a difference between Nav and Post in that Nav 1) apologized for his use and explained it, while Post acts indignant about the issues hip-hop figures brought up and 2) Nav actually did things to earn his success.

I think when people like myself get pissed off at Post, it's largely due to unabashed cultural appropriation with a hint of anger that he doesn't understand how far he got in music because he was white. Post had one hit single and then went to working with Kanye, while folks like Starrah, people who've contributed majorly to albums behind the scenes, grind and grind and grind for practically no recognition. Nav, for that matter, did his share of the grind: he'd produced his own songs, he worked on "Back to Back", he writes his own stuff (no matter how banal it might be), and so on. He paid his dues to hip-hop.

Folks like Post and Lil Dicky just waltz into hip-hop and then act like they've loved it their entire life. Post used to make EDM, folk songs, rock songs, and metal before he decided on hip-hop as his genre of choice. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he really did love hip-hop and initially decided against it for reasons I'll never know. Regardless, his attitude now indicates a dismissiveness towards hip-hop that someone who truly loves the genre wouldn't have. Would any of you all say hip-hop is non-emotional or doesn't think about life? Post acts like he's better than hip-hop while ignoring the only reason he's famous is because of it. Iggy Azalea did the same thing too. Lil Dicky implied as much when he said he got into hip-hop for the fame. To give Dicky some credit, the man's gone on the record talking about he loves hip-hop and he's grinded too. But that doesn't stop him from making stuff that lies in the grey area of racism and appropriation.

My ultimate point is that, Nav doesn't give off a vibe that he is above hip-hop. He's firmly planted in the genre, and I can commend that despite his aggressive mediocrity. Folks like Post, Iggy, Dicky, etc. try to act above the genre and subsequently imply they used hip-hop for fame and will discard that tag when they want to.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Ya'll forgetting Thugger and his homophobia, misogynoir, and his threats towards his ex on twitter?

I can't forgive it.

If they are men, they will let you down.

Stan Cupcakke and Babymutha

Drake it is then...lesser of all the evils, with enough emotional awareness to not side with racist.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
New York has no savior.

Joey aint never gonna get that big

Nobody fucks with Dave East

A$AP barely cares about rap

And 69 boutta catch a case.

Your one chance was Desiigner and you let him down,

Jay just needs to drop watch the throne 2 with no Ye on it and timeline is fixed.

Flatbush Zombies are decent...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Flatbush Zombies release how many songs in how many years?

They like Advance A$AP level of not giving a fuck.

Least Rocky still do features.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like if you out here actually holding up Young Thug as some sort of savoir in response to misogyny then you don't even listen to Young Thug.

Status
Not open for further replies.