• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Crash Talk is Q's worst. I was hesitating because Oxymoron is weak as well, but damn at least that album had Gangsta, Break The Bank, Hoover Street, Blind Threats, and Prescription/Oxymoron. Crash Talk is flavorless.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Sli'merre is all killer no filler. pi'erre has come out once more

call dat bitch homicide one of the craziest beats ever

Last edited:

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Logic really pumps out a new album every year huh

YSIV was alright so I'll give this a chance at least.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
She played about 6-8 new songs at the gig, and they run the gamut from very hip-hop inspired to conventional pop song to sparsely arranged ballads. There's a lot more instruments (including a cello though I don't know if that was just for the gig), but whatever she played was great.

She played a track called "Magdalene" that seems to be the title track of the record. There was also a ballad of heartbreak and a more conventional pop track that I'm calling "Make a Wish." It was amazing and I'm really curious to hear the CDQ versions of these tracks.
Sounds amazing

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just realised I've probably been listening to Blood Orange every day this year; I think it's been helping my mental wellbeing??

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
DEHH basically summarized my feelings about CrasH Talk. Not bad, definitely not horrible, but not very good. It's a commercialized version of Q's sound that is jarring in contrast to the rest of his discography.

He's on-beat and somber for the majority of the tape, which is pretty off-brand for him. Choppy and aggressive is his flavor, and CT had none of that outside of Numb Numb Juice and 5200.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
HiResDes

noLTkA4.gif

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The beats on Sli'merre are fucking amazing, I just wish a different rapper was on a lot of the time

pi'erre killing it with these chiptune trap beats whew
That reminds me, I have a beat tape of chiptune/trap stuff burning a hole in my hard drive. If there's any rappers or other music folk chilling in the thread, hit up the PMs.

GJ listened to the Fabric/Bonobo mix again and was in the mood for more Electronica - saw that Fabric has tons of mixes on SoundCloud too, whew.

https://soundcloud.com/fabric/tracks
The free mixes are cool, but the Fabric got really famous of their paid Fabric and Fabriclive mixes. Those, DJ-Kicks, RA, and Fact consistently put out the best studio mixes imo.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Bullet from a Gun is fire. Skepta is just an insane producer in general. Hyped for this new album.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
You should listen to Blacklisted. It's insanely good. Nearly all self produced with some great bars. Track 2, Castles, is 🔥

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'm glad that Skepta is getting his shine, but his grime is just so much better than all this hip-hop stuff.

Skepta has been producing and DJing since before he started MCing, his first music video was for an instrumental. It's why part Wiley's most recent diss towards him was calling him "Big H's DJ"

Status
Not open for further replies.