• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019
Damn just peeped the Lil Peep EP, really makes so salty, he was destined for even greater things...Writes more heartfelt songs than 90 percent of the emo pads from the aughts.

He had a show in New Orleans a week before he died. Was out of town for it, I thought to myself, I'll catch him when he comes back. Feels bad man. And was real sad to see he really didn't have that much support in the city until he was gone. I worry about Tracy sometimes too.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Ski Mask lost weight I see. Was it due to the surgery he had on his heart?

Icolin you gonna be ready to catch him after his front flip stage dive? SLATT

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
He had a show in New Orleans a week before he died. Was out of town for it, I thought to myself, I'll catch him when he comes back. Feels bad man. And was real sad to see he really didn't have that much support in the city until he was gone. I worry about Tracy sometimes too.
yeah he was in my city the week before he died. my gf at the time wasn't feeling well the night of the show so i had the same thought "ah, i'll catch him next time" ;_;

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
people talking about an album that is only a year and just over three months old like it's a decade old and aging. Crazy.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
and 5% Tint
and NC-17
and Who?What!
and Houstonfornication
and if we're keeping it 100, Sicko Mode.

none of those songs are mid tbh. who what is borderline mid i suppose, takeoff saved it tho

5% tint will be a mainstay in halloween playlists. outro is heavenly too
nc-17 got that 21 feature
houstonfornication is top 5 on the album. the flow on the second verse >>>
sicko mode got overplayed but it's still one of travis' defining songs

tho the album does has a weaker 2nd half than its 1st, it's still pretty good

we can all agree DBR and rodeo are the best tho, right

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
I don't think Buetterfly Effect is even mid, it's just redundant and was probably only put on to boost the numbers

it was bland the minute it dropped, at least to me. it's a good song live tho, because live travis brings the energy the song is otherwise devoid of

one dud (that's not even terrible) out of 17 tracks from a dude who was declining post-rodeo is a good outcome

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
it was bland the minute it dropped, at least to me. it's a good song live tho, because live travis brings the energy the song is otherwise devoid of

one dud (that's not even terrible) out of 17 tracks from a dude who was declining post-rodeo is a good outcome
Song is a vibe, it has exactly the right mellow, low key reflective energy that it needs.

Live it has less of that and is worse for it TBH.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
EtcetEra hip hop threads

drxy47ai70l31.jpg

Song is a vibe, it has exactly the right mellow, low key reflective energy that it needs.

Live it has less of that and is worse for it TBH.

i guess it is supposed to be psychedelic and chill but i feel like R.I.P. screw or impossible do way better jobs of that

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
people over on OT really comparing scorsese saying marvel movies aren't real cinema to the people who say rap isn't real music

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I broadly side with Scorsese on this debate, but think he needs to get more informed on the films themselves.

I think it is a damning sign that modern television and film focuses so much on the recycling of established brands: Lego, Duplo, Marvel, DC, Robin Hood, King Arthur, Terminator, etc. We're seemingly trapped in an endless spiral of big-budget reboots/revamps/reimagining of established brands instead of taking risks on original ideas that could be franchises. But, the issue isn't really Disney. Yes, Disney is the face of this issue courtesy of the MCU, but this is really the issue of competing studios.

The dominance of the MCU has led to this environment, but really, isn't this because so many studios are desperate to chase the dragon of cinematic universes instead of trying to do their own thing? Marvel isn't the issue here, its shrewd cynical studios that think just because you slap a recognizable IP to your mediocrity you'll gross a billion dollars.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I broadly side with Scorsese on this debate, but think he needs to get more informed on the films themselves.

I think it is a damning sign that modern television and film focuses so much on the recycling of established brands: Lego, Duplo, Marvel, DC, Robin Hood, King Arthur, Terminator, etc. We're seemingly trapped in an endless spiral of big-budget reboots/revamps/reimagining of established brands instead of taking risks on original ideas that could be franchises. But, the issue isn't really Disney. Yes, Disney is the face of this issue courtesy of the MCU, but this is really the issue of competing studios.

The dominance of the MCU has led to this environment, but really, isn't this because so many studios are desperate to chase the dragon of cinematic universes instead of trying to do their own thing? Marvel isn't the issue here, its shrewd cynical studios that think just because you slap a recognizable IP to your mediocrity you'll gross a billion dollars.

I agree with this mostly except for two points
- disney is more than the face of the issue, they're also perpetuating it with all the well-documented predatory tactics to establish near-monopolies in cinemas (which is definitely one of the points scorsese is most passionate about)
- the cynical studios are largely not wrong about grossing a billion by sticking a brand on anything, such is late stage capitalism

I liked spider-verse as much as the next person and I'd never say this outside of here lest the nerds come after me but I seriously wish lord/miller/everyone else at sony was doing something original next instead of yet another sequel

people over on OT really comparing scorsese saying marvel movies aren't real cinema to the people who say rap isn't real music

7QVOE7g.png

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Please don't let my bad Travis-take distract from the fact that Twigs is dropping AOTY in a couple of days.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So this Friday we'll get Wiki, FKA twigs, Dave East, Jacquees, Sebastian and Vegyn albums among many others, with Doja and Clams being released tomorrow thursday. What the fuck is going on?

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think the worst point i've seen in the latest round of "Stans Losing Their Shit When People Who Make Good Movies Levy Mild Criticism At The Most Successful Movies Of All Time" is the new thing that 'theaters would probably be closed if it weren't for Marvel flicks' as if indie theater should thank their benevolent overlords for forcing them to commit one of their four screens to an abomination like Solo for three movies

collige

Oct 31, 2017

Whatup hip hop era. Just released my first ever music video off my first ever album. Completely DIY, learned to record, mix and master myself while I made the album, and had my buddy film and edit the video. Check it out if you got a min, lmk what you think.

Here's a link to the album if anybody is interested: https://open.spotify.com/album/1EV42GtdR19zjzcAEy6w8C?si=aS60uUUFRBaqoSMdDn-8XQ

Honest feedback:
Your flow is excellent. The beat is well produced. My main bit of criticism would be that the delivery of the bars doesn't really change over the course of the track, so I'm not really feeling much in terms of emotion for any individual bar. And since the hook isn't really recorded or composed in a way that makes it stand out from the rest of the track, it kinda feels like a long freestyle. If what you were going for was a more traditional verse/chorus/verse type single, I think it would benefit from more variation in general to make specific parts stand out more. Stuff like vocal overdubs on the hook, bigger beat change ups (mute the drums temporarily, low pass the entire beat, etc), more subdued or aggressive delivery depending on the lyrics. Just my 2¢, not saying that this track should be changed now that it's out of course.

Who do you use for streaming service distribution by the way?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Honest feedback:
Your flow is excellent. The beat is well produced. My main bit of criticism would be that the delivery of the bars doesn't really change over the course of the track, so I'm not really feeling much in terms of emotion for any individual bar. And since the hook isn't really recorded or composed in a way that makes it stand out from the rest of the track, it kinda feels like a long freestyle. If what you were going for was a more traditional verse/chorus/verse type single, I think it would benefit from more variation in general to make specific parts stand out more. Stuff like vocal overdubs on the hook, bigger beat change ups (mute the drums temporarily, low pass the entire beat, etc), more subdued or aggressive delivery depending on the lyrics. Just my 2¢, not saying that this track should be changed now that it's out of course.

Who do you use for streaming service distribution by the way?
Thanks for taking the time to listen man I appreciate the feedback. I use Distrokid

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Whatup hip hop era. Just released my first ever music video off my first ever album. Completely DIY, learned to record, mix and master myself while I made the album, and had my buddy film and edit the video. Check it out if you got a min, lmk what you think.

Here's a link to the album if anybody is interested: https://open.spotify.com/album/1EV42GtdR19zjzcAEy6w8C?si=aS60uUUFRBaqoSMdDn-8XQ

I agree with collige. I've only listened to the track on iPhone speakers so I won't go into the mixing/mastering portion of the track, but collige makes some great points. I think the beat is really well produced, but it could use more variation. The same with the vocals. The song is only 3 minutes long, but after 2,5 minutes it felt like I've already listened to it for 6 minutes. It has a lot of potential, but it's just too much of the same for 3 minutes.

I'm going to check out the whole album for sure, since I got quite curious, haha. What did you sample for this track?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I agree with collige. I've only listened to the track on iPhone speakers so I won't go into the mixing/mastering portion of the track, but collige makes some great points. I think the beat is really well produced, but it could use more variation. The same with the vocals. The song is only 3 minutes long, but after 2,5 minutes it felt like I've already listened to it for 6 minutes. It has a lot of potential, but it's just too much of the same for 3 minutes.

I'm going to check out the whole album for sure, since I got quite curious, haha. What did you sample for this track?
Oh I should mention I did NOT produce any of the beats for the album. Most of them were done by friends, except 2 beats I leased off beatstars. I have no idea what the sample my dude used for this is, I never ask because the mystery makes it more fun for me lol.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh I should mention I did NOT produce any of the beats for the album. Most of them were done by friends, except 2 beats I leased off beatstars. I have no idea what the sample my dude used for this is, I never ask because the mystery makes it more fun for me lol.
Haha fair enough. When you release your own music you definitely should know what's been sampled though, because that shit needs to be cleared. So he better got it from Splice or licensed it through Tracklib, or you're fucked when the owner of the original track finds out you sampled it on a commercial song without permission.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Haha fair enough. When you release your own music you definitely should know what's been sampled though, because that shit needs to be cleared. So he better got it from Splice or licensed it through Tracklib, or you're fucked when the owner of the original track finds out you sampled it on a commercial song without permission.
Oh I'm aware. I'm just a guy making songs in his living room right now though, I figure if my shit ever pops off enough that it becomes an issue, it'll be fine because I'll be poppin' lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.