• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Hitman Season 1 levels in this game tied to the Season 1 trophy set or are they grouped with Hitman 2 trophies?

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I found a secret tunnel system in one map. It was pretty exciting to see me try something dumb only for it to have an effect. I can see this tunnel being abused for hilarious trickery.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought Hitman 1, but I always meant to eventually... I see the "legacy pack" exists for 2 on steam. Do you need to buy the base Hitman 2 to get that and play it? Or can you purchase that content by itself?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought Hitman 1, but I always meant to eventually... I see the "legacy pack" exists for 2 on steam. Do you need to buy the base Hitman 2 to get that and play it? Or can you purchase that content by itself?

You could theoretically do it that way if you wanted to yes because there is a free demo that allows you access to the training missions if you bought the legacy DLC it does in fact show up in the Hitman 2 client even if you don't own the hitman 2 maps. That way you could play all the Hitman 1 things with all the improvements from the second game.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 Prologue is free, you can grab that and then buy the legacy pack dlc.
Yeah I got the prologue, I was just worried even though it said Hitman 2 was in my library, I didn't want to buy the legacy stuff for it and then get locked out because I didn't own the hitman 2 game.
You could theoretically do it that way if you wanted to yes because there is a free demo that allows you access to the training missions if you bought the legacy DLC it does in fact show up in the Hitman 2 client even if you don't own the hitman 2 maps. That way you could play all the Hitman 1 things with all the improvements from the second game.
Thanks for the double confirmation. I think I'll do just that!

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Well fuck. I accidently blew myself up with the explosive pen right at the very start of the elusive target mission and now that entire mission is locked out for me. I didn't know just throwing it would blow it up like a grenade instead of remotely detonated. My fault, not the game.

Feels really bad actually. I took preparing for it super seriously, exploring the level and practicing harder challenges, and now I guess I'll never really get to play it. I'm fine with failing it, just wish it wasn't in the first minute.

Oh well, hurry up with the next one so I can redeem myself.

Last edited:

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
f735adcd2ceec4bcf08ae5c66ec5f02318bcc06e.jpeg

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 Prologue is free, you can grab that and then buy the legacy pack dlc.
Well, tried to do this in Steam and it gave me an error about not owning Hitman 2 Legacy collection first. This is despite the page saying I only needed the base game. Ahhh well. I'll just have to wait and hope the PC version gets a sale like the console ones did on Cyber monday at some point.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Well fuck. I accidently blew myself up with the explosive pen right at the very start of the elusive target mission and now that entire mission is locked out for me. I didn't know just throwing it would blow it up like a grenade instead of remotely detonated. My fault, not the game.

Feels really bad actually. I took preparing for it super seriously, exploring the level and practicing harder challenges, and now I guess I'll never really get to play it. I'm fine with failing it, just wish it wasn't in the first minute.

Oh well, hurry up with the next one so I can redeem myself.
Funny and sad. It'll loop back eventually, so I'm sure you'll get a second chance.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Finally did the elusive target. Is silent assassin still busted in it? I thought I got through completely clean, even destroyed the surveillance footage to be sure and didn't get it, might have just missed something.

BeYourOwn3AM

Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I didn't bother doing the mission story on the elusive target when I played it, but managed to get SA anyway. I was watching the GiantBomb attempt of it tonight and thought it was funny that during the mission story 47
says he would kill Faba by poisoning the coffee and drowing him in the bathroom, because that's exactly what I did!

Well done, IOI.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Well, tried to do this in Steam and it gave me an error about not owning Hitman 2 Legacy collection first. This is despite the page saying I only needed the base game. Ahhh well. I'll just have to wait and hope the PC version gets a sale like the console ones did on Cyber monday at some point.

To address this, to get this all to work since it wouldn't just let me buy the legacy pack on steam I had to buy hitman 1 GOTY on Greenman, activate it on steam, install it, then play hitman 2 prologue which finally unlocked it... so now I'm downloading legacy without owning hitman 2 main. I know there isn't a huge difference between 1 and 2, but I did want to experience 1 in the best way possible before deciding if I'm going to buy 2 right away or if I'll wait till it's on sale.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Yea, lethal syringe counts as an accident kill so even if they find the body, you'll be fine. Just don't let anyone see you prick em with the syringe.
Sorry for late replay but thanks. I knew it would be accidental I just wasn't sure if I could use the season 1 syringe for a season 2 target. Saved quite a bit of time just unlocking the S1 syringe so I can now take my time on there S2 levels.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Killed the elusive target pretty well on on my attempt used the exploading duck while he was in the office after meeting. Wasn't noticed as remote explosion but I guess noise stopped it being silent assassin rating?

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Haven't a played a hitman in years, casual fan. Picked this up for $24 at Best Buy cyber Monday. Haven't opened it...worth it?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Redownloaded Hitman season 1 (which was harder than expected because for some reason it doesn't show up in the store like normal unless it's the legacy or game of the year editions) and the episodes are not showing up in Hitman 2, says I need the legacy version?

Been running into a lot more technical issues with Hitman 2 than I did with the first season 2. Feeling disappointed right now.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Redownloaded Hitman season 1 (which was harder than expected because for some reason it doesn't show up in the store like normal unless it's the legacy or game of the year editions) and the episodes are not showing up in Hitman 2, says I need the legacy version?

Been running into a lot more technical issues with Hitman 2 than I did with the first season 2. Feeling disappointed right now.

The legacy pack is a separate download from just Hitman 1.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia

Open up Hitman 1, go to the 'download legacy pack' option and download it from there. Once it's done they will be available in H2. Hope this helps.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beat all levels with Silent assassin, now to go for suit only and sniper assassin. Game is so, so good.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone killed him in 47 seconds? wow
I did the explosive thing, couldnt resist it. ruinted my rank but it was worth it :D

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Finally beat The Ark Society after a couple of unsuccessful attempts. Best Hitman level ever. It was amazing.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any way to check whether you've been on camera before finishing the mission? I loaded up a really old save and I can't remember whether I need to destroy security footage or not

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
ok am I missing something here? mumbai mission story spoiler

I've got the maelstrom photo, I'm dressed as the barber, opened his shop. people are coming up and I'm denying them til diana says it's the maelstrom (and he gets labeled red in hitman vision) so I offer him a shave and...he just walks away. this has happened multiple times now

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the past two days getting all the assassination challenges done in Miami, and practicing my elusive target run, finally took it on and got him with the sniper, feels like that was the easiest solution for sure but I'd love to try to do silent assassin