• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That is indeed very colorful. I don't mind it but I guess it's not as realistic.

Have the patch downloaded but will take it for a spin tomorrow when the new content is live on PSN.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame. Although I suppose each level will have its own set of 'achievements' in the challenges anyway so it's not too bad.
Yes the new campaign is supposed to have 40+ challenges so that's something (although it's still not a lot, a single main mission from the base game could have a 100 or more).

Hot take: IOI should have used this opportunity to add a Platinum Trophy to Season 1.

It's more likely they can't, not that they don't want to. Adding no standard trophies is probably also caused by the fact that the game has almost 70 of them right now and allows to gain a lot more points than a typical platinum title.

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this launch has been a bit of a shitshow. Can't even play the new mission after purchasing it.
8e3ba51d6d.png
for now at least it is playable offline.

YoungCondor

Oct 31, 2017
Picked up the original around this time last year, and it was a pleasant surprise. Will grab this when I get the chance and have some more free time. Updates seem pretty cool

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I am a huge Hitman fan, played them all since the original Hitman: Codename 47 was released. I've been patient with this game, and waited for them to release all the episodes. I just bought the GOTY version on the PS4 now and started playing the intro training missions. So far I really like it. It feels like Hitman, plays well on the PS4 and the controls are good. Looking forward to dive further into the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely planning on buying this upgrade later this week. I bought the base game, but really haven't had time to sink my teeth into it yet.

Really need to sit down and learn the mechanics. This just seems like so much fun.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
I like those comparison shots. The colors *really* pop now. I'm probably going to jump back in soon. Maybe not tonight, Destiny's got its hooks in pretty deep, but soon.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I bought Season 1 during the Steam sale but never got around to playing it. Now sounds like the best time to start given that they're reactivating a bunch of stuff including the Elusive Contracts. Will spin it up later tonight.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any first impressions of the Patient Zero campaign? I've already read some negative stuff on Reddit and other sites about the lack of challenges (one mission apparently has only 7 including standard ones like getting the SA rating) and the new missions not really being that unique.

Last edited:

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any first impressions of the Patient Zero campaign? I've already some negative stuff on Reddit and other sites about the lack of challenges (one mission apparently has only 7 including standard ones like getting the SA rating) and the new missions not really being that unique.
Just finished the first mission in Bangkok. It's decent, but a large portion of the map is pretty much the same, with some minor changes. Challenges are rather sparse, a bit less than the bonus episodes.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Wait why are people saying "buy" the upgrade when OP said it's free in a patch O_o

Also, didn't get one last night for the record

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is probably a stupid question, but is this a good jumping in point for someone completely new to the series?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Is the main menu dreadfully laggy for anyone else? Trying to figure out if something is wrong with my PC

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
So I only have the Sapienza and Bangkok maps, can I buy the DLC? It looks like it keeps rerouting me to the buy the GOTY edition when I try to buy the DLC.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else having issues with the Playstation web store? I've been trying to buy the upgrade pack so it will download while I'm at work, but the store is going haywire.

Doesn't appear to just be the Hitman upgrade pack either.

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest, USA
Anybody else having issues with the Playstation web store? I've been trying to buy the upgrade pack so it will download while I'm at work, but the store is going haywire.

Doesn't appear to just be the Hitman upgrade pack either.

Yeah I tried to get it and it says I need to own Hitman first. I have the complete first season on disc, so the store doesn't recognize that I own it...