Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd have waited for this content before releasing the Complete First Season on disc. It didn't even have all content on the disc either.

Now with this GOTY Edition upgrade, I'm left questioning why I even bought it physical in the first place.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The listing on Steam is weird. The Patient Zero campaign and the new GOTY outfits are spun out into separate DLC's, but it looks like you have to buy them in a bundle together? Patient Zero is listed at $10, I'd rather get that by itself if possible since I don't get into escalations all that much.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
The listing on Steam is weird. The Patient Zero campaign and the new GOTY outfits are spun out into separate DLC's, but it looks like you have to buy them in a bundle together? Patient Zero is listed at $10, I'd rather get that by itself if possible since I don't get into escalations all that much.

Yeah it's a bit weird, but I don't think you can buy it in a different way.

HugoLiu

Oct 30, 2017
Just bought Patient Zero on steam, ran around a few map and I have to say IOI did deliver a better lighting system and HDR implementation, first thing is you can enable DX12 and HDR at the same time now, thought I'm not sure if it's the Fall creator update or the Hitman update fixed this, previsouly I can only enable HDR in DX11 mode. And the overall implementation of HDR brightness is much better than before, the places should have bright lighting now have proper brightness, and some brightness was too pronounced was brought down to a reasonable level, for example, before the update, somebody's phone screen was too bright and it feels like he's holding a neo light in his hand.

And it could be my imagination, but I feels like the overall performance is worst than the pre-update, some places where I had consistent 60fps now runs at about 50fps, hope someone can do some benchmark to confirm this.

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit I am rusty. Finished the first Patient Zero mission

Grabbed the vodka and killed the main guy, but got impatient on figuring out the lady so I just shot her and ran. Likely a better solution but she seems surrounded by the militia once the leader goes down

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first mission then decided to do the first 2 escalations.

I'm so in love with the striker, headshotting and launching people over railings is awesome.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd have waited for this content before releasing the Complete First Season on disc. It didn't even have all content on the disc either.

Now with this GOTY Edition upgrade, I'm left questioning why I even bought it physical in the first place.

They might not have planned on doing this when the decision to do the initial disc was made. I wouldn't be surprised if they only decided on doing this to help bring some money in while season 2 is worked on.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
using this goty edition as an excuse to finally play this game, looking forward to it (and already anxious about the elusive targets)

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Complete First Season was Square's directive

This is all IOI

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this game when it was on sale around June/July. I have yet to play it. It seems intimidating; as in, there's so much content. I regret not having started to play it when the first mission was released.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, that's pretty messed up.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I bought this game when it was on sale around June/July. I have yet to play it. It seems intimidating; as in, there's so much content. I regret not having started to play it when the first mission was released.

The bulk of the content comes through replaying. In reality there's only six and a half 'maps', but with a whole lot of variation and missions.

You can sit down and beat the main story in a few hours and then play around from there. Or just start with Paris until you've mastered it and feel confident to move on.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The bulk of the content comes through replaying. In reality there's only six and a half 'maps', but with a whole lot of variation and missions.

You can sit down and beat the main story in a few hours and then play around from there. Or just start with Paris until you've mastered it and feel confident to move on.
Yeah, that's the thing. I know I'll want to play missions over and over again to do a bunch of stuff differently.

I guess it's going to be a while before season 2 hits, so I should have plenty of time.

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest, USA
I'm unable to buy the upgrade from the web store because it says I don't own the game. I have the Season 1 disc, and it is installed on my PS4. Shouldn't I be able to buy it? I'm guessing the solution is to buy it directly from my PS4 at home, but I'd really like to have it bought and downloaded for when I get home.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been messing around with Paris today and having a blast. I bought the game last year during one of the $15 sales, and never really gave time to it. There was always something new pushing Hitman down my priority list. I'd watched playthroughs of the missions, like on Giant Bomb, and felt I'd had enough. That was a huge mistake. There is no comparison to the satisfaction of observing your target, planning your attack, and executing it perfectly; or, at times, completely fucking up at the worst possible times, and somehow pulling your ass out of the fire.

I think what I'll do is try and get my mastery up to level 20 for each level before I move on to the next, and try and complete as many challenges on the way. That seems like the best way to play in this sandbox.

vid

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 27, 2017
Picking up the GOTY upgrade either way, but for the sake of being informed... do the graphical updates apply to everyone? Or do they only come with the GOTY upgrade?

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, how competent must I be to do the elusive missions? Not really touched the game but replayed the beta a lot. Didn't have impetus until now!

ps3ud0 8)

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, how competent must I be to do the elusive missions? Not really touched the game but replayed the beta a lot. Didn't have impetus until now!

ps3ud0 8)
It definitely helps to be really familiar with the levels beforehand, and it's almost must if you're going for Silent Assassin rank. Unlocking alternative starting points and equipment is a good goal to set for a level before trying an Elusive Target there.

I also recommend some Escalations as they force you to learn tricks and aspects of levels that are really useful that you might not learn otherwise (especially considering they can all be done with SA).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The early elusives are pretty easy. Remember you can quit the mission and go back in as long as you haven't killed the target so you can scope it out first.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Upgrade worth it?

I'm considering trading the steelbook just to get something new in my Q.

Might jump back once the holidays are over.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal to get some stuttering when walking into a new room or sprinting past large crowds? Just a quick stutter, then back to baseline. I'm playing at 1800p on a i5 3570k/GTX 1060 locked to 30 fps and I get spikes down to 25 fps when doing said things. The average framerate is fine at 30 and frametimes when playing normally are reading a solid 33.3, so I'm not getting regular stuttering.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
How altered are the new bonus maps compared to the prior ones? Closer to the full revamps or mild ones like Christmas in Paris?

Edit - pretty positive you can quit an elusive

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How altered are the new bonus maps compared to the prior ones? Closer to the full revamps or mild ones like Christmas in Paris?

Edit - pretty positive you can quit an elusive
Somewhat of a hybrid. They are not as full revamps as the Summer Bonus maps and you will find reused NPCs on the less relevant areas, but in the area where targets are it is pretty darn different.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of super BernadoOne speedrun strats is there a way to
contain the infection in Patient Zero? I get at least 10 infected while exploring.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I have the first season on PS4 - in the receipt, it was specifically called "Hitman - The Complete First Season (Bundle)" - but the Playstation Store says I can't buy the GOTY upgrade since I don't own the "season pass," and the in-game store listing for the upgrade gives me a "There is no content" error. (The in-game store does show the checkmark for owning all the episodes.) Patch already installed, and I hit 'check for updates' again just to make sure. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Tried the in-game store again the following morning, and it started working. /shrug

Last edited:

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Wow this game is incredibly well optimized. DX12 + max settings is giving me consistent 60-75 FPS on an RX 480. Good stuff.

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, a reminder for the previous players that pistol distractions are back to their old glory :D

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bunch of the new campaign and it's super strong. 4 new campaign quality missions for twenty bucks plus extras is feeling like a killer tease for season 2. Trying and failing at Difficult is also a treat.

unknownspectator

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
so, I might have created an impossible contract on pc. for those who want to try it's called "whose laughing now" and the ID is 1-03-4695700-77. It took me several tries to create this with the stipulations I want but now I can't even beat the damn thing lol.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of super BernadoOne speedrun strats is there a way to
contain the infection in Patient Zero? I get at least 10 infected while exploring.
There is a way. It's tricky but you can take out the nurse who spreads the infection before she gets infected herself, thus preventing anyone from becoming infected.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My game refuses to boot in DX12. It never opens a window. This never happened to me before.
Choosing DX11 fixes it immediately.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been messing around with Paris today and having a blast. I bought the game last year during one of the $15 sales, and never really gave time to it. There was always something new pushing Hitman down my priority list. I'd watched playthroughs of the missions, like on Giant Bomb, and felt I'd had enough. That was a huge mistake. There is no comparison to the satisfaction of observing your target, planning your attack, and executing it perfectly; or, at times, completely fucking up at the worst possible times, and somehow pulling your ass out of the fire.

I think what I'll do is try and get my mastery up to level 20 for each level before I move on to the next, and try and complete as many challenges on the way. That seems like the best way to play in this sandbox.
Doing 100% challenges in this game is actually pretty enjoyable (and I mean 100% including professional mode)
Except one or two challenges in colorado. Fuck sniper assassin on pro.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the music in the new mission. When you go into certain areas it starts playing that piano bit and it instantly changes the mood.

Mikespit1200

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't see a whole lot of impressions, but is the upgrade pack a Buy if you've put a bunch of hours into Season 1?

Last edited: