MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the Patient Zero campaign.

Me in the first 30 seconds of the final mission
tenor.gif

Me 10 minutes into the final mission.

APPJXP.gif

Man, what a way to end that.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone happen to bookmark/copy that list of escalations and their difficulties posted on the Forum That Shall Not Be Named?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If ever there was a game that didn't deserve a GOTY edition, it's this incarnation of Hitman. What a bang average game.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Did anyone happen to bookmark/copy that list of escalations and their difficulties posted on the Forum That Shall Not Be Named?
I bookmarked it!

Thread: HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly
View Single Post
Remembrance
(11-12-2016, 05:30 AM)

I thought a ranking for escalation difficulty might help people approach them more easily, since there are so many now.

Here's my (subjective) attempt. All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier). Also, short descriptions as a reminder of what each one was about.

Very easy: can be brute-forced with no pressure and no real risk of failure.
- The Osterman Mosaic (The Showstopper) - saber and lasers
- The Marsden Isotopy (The Showstopper) - shotgun bartenders
- The Ezekiel Paradox (The Showstopper) - waiter explosion
- The Sigma Illusion (World of Tomorrow) - chef and laptop
- The Szilassi Darkness (World of Tomorrow) - sniper headshots
- The Scorpio Directive (World of Tomorrow) - Sapienza lasers

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but there is some pressure and you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.
- The Snorrason Ascension (The Final Test) - colonel and soldier
- The Einarsson Inception (Guided Training) - Norfolk and guard
- The Mandelbulb Requiem (The Showstopper) - laptop and lasers
- The Granville Curiosity (The Showstopper) - toilet puzzle
- The Hexagon Protocol (The Showstopper) - garden landmines
- The Videl Cataclysm (The Showstopper) - hot disguise
- The Apeiron Sadness (World of Tomorrow) - triple explosions
- The Selmone Mimesis (World of Tomorrow) - wine cellar kills

Average: requires moderate setup or tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Holmwood Disturbance (The Showstopper) - vampire magician
- The Gemini Fiasco (The Showstopper) - Kruger and Sato
- The Shapiro Omen (The Showstopper) - body hiding puzzle
- The Perkins Disarray* (The Showstopper) - auction sabotage
- The Teague Temptation (The Showstopper) - balcony push
- The Scarlatti Covenant (World of Tomorrow) - three minutes
- The Andersen Animosity* (World of Tomorrow) - saber, PI, psychologist (hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Kilie Agitation (A Gilded Cage) - shisha cafe kills
- The Sokoloff Sophistication (A Gilded Cage) - shoe shop kills
- The Ataro Caliginosity (A House Built on Sand) - fortune teller and bodyguards

Hard: requires heavy setup, difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Kerner Disquiet (The Showstopper) - loud weapons
- The Seeger Beguilement (The Showstopper) - cameraman accidents
- The Gladwyn Simulacrum (World of Tomorrow) - rapid elimination streak
- The Eccleston Illumination (World of Tomorrow) - plague katana
- The Agana Abyss (The Icon) - shotguns or explosions
- The Ignatiev Integrity (A Gilded Cage) - fire, safe, shotgun
- The Lupei Sensitivity* (A Gilded Cage) - masseur and laptop (very hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Reziko Conundrum (A Gilded Cage) - shopkeeper, repairmen, landmines
- The Somsak Equation (Club 27) - bodies in freezer

Very hard: there is no trick to these, there is a high risk of failure, and it all comes down to your skills.
- The Kotti Paradigm (The Showstopper) - battle axe, suit only
- The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) - deadly stalker
- The Meiko Incarnation (Situs Inversus) - ninja style cascade

Bullshit: even with perfect skills and execution, high risk of failure or tedium due to factors outside your control.
- The Wetzel Determination (The Showstopper) - impossible body hiding
- The Adamoli Fascination (The Showstopper) - mined exits

*All escalations marked with * use a particular kind of complication: there are mandatory disguises that can normally only be taken from NPCs, but you are not allowed to knock anyone out. You have only two choices in any of these escalations: kill NPCs for disguises and receive a penalty, or find the extra copy of the required disguise(s) hidden somewhere in the level just for this escalation. Be warned that the second option will always require very risky maneuvers and/or massive detours, making silent assassin runs of these escalations extra-hard.

Feel free to suggest adjustments - I haven't played some of these in a while, and I always go for silent assassin (but I'm trying to do these ratings for people who don't necessarily care about that).

Last edited:

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man the final mission is worth the price of admission alone. Doing it SASO is going to be crazy.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I had a perfect SA/SO run almost done on the last Patient Zero mission until a body got found just as I was reaching the snowmobile.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Did they add an entire new building interior near Rocco's apartment in Sapienza or have those always been there and I've literally never used them?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you exit his apartment from the back and drop onto the red roof you can go right and drop down again and get into a building that leads all the way down to the harbor
How long have you been playing? How did you manage to miss it all this time lol? One of the spawn locations is literally inside that building, in the kitchen, and the kitchen is where you do one of the main opportunities :P

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
How long have you been playing? How did you manage to miss it all this time lol? One of the spawn locations is literally inside that building, in the kitchen, and the kitchen is where you do one of the main opportunities :P
Nono not that one in the mansion. When you get onto the rooftop and look out over the harbor that's on your left, I'm talking about the apartment (?) building on the right

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Asking again - is it typical to get a short stutter when entering a new area? I drop down to 15 fps for a split second at irregular intervals, usually when entering a new area, then it's smooth sailing until I go somewhere else new. It doesn't happen when I come back through the same area. Is this typical of the engine/loading scheme for the game? Is there a setting that can help with this?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nono not that one in the mansion. When you get onto the rooftop and look out over the harbor that's on your left, I'm talking about the apartment (?) building on the right
Oooooooh, that one. Yes, it has always been there even if it doesn't get much use. One of the escalations does somehow use it. It has a mansion keycard and a guard disguise on there so it is useful. It also connects to another apartment with church staff disguise and church key.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
I just purchased on Steam (semi) blind to support IO. Very limited experience with the series, but I love both stealth and system-based games really excited to play this game.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Oooooooh, that one. Yes, it has always been there even if it doesn't get much use. One of the escalations does somehow use it. It has a mansion keycard and a guard disguise on there so it is useful. It also connects to another apartment with church staff disguise and church key.
I have somehow never been in there or realized you could even go down there

Sherbert

Oct 27, 2017
Just started on the new campaign and loving that there's more Hitman! It's great how they've reconfigured the two levels I've seen so far and the story looks like it might actually be interesting with the cult angle.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Man I am trying to do as many of the challenges as possible and I am amazed at how many different routes you can take in your approach. I have only tried Paris and Sapienza so far and they have both been incredible. The series is truly back to its roots.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that final mission is cool as hell, had no idea what I was walking into.

The Colorado one was nice to see too, I would still be down for a smaller scale game just of the Sniper missions like that.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
the virus may have gotten a little out of control

PNZSuUP.png

LOL!!

The first nurse that walks out of the hospital can be taken out before she gets infected, it makes that whole mission a lot easier since she begins the chain of infections outside the hospital. You'll need that keycard hacking device though. And if you take too long, the process repeats.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been looking into getting this game for a super long time, but had missed the elusive targets the first time around. So then I decided to wait for this when they announced it. But now I am playing a million things at once and trying to fit this in. Have they said when the first elusive target is going up?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ok cool, and do you need to be well prepared for these? Like, if I am just starting the game for the first time then and not far into it, would I be able to successfully complete them?

No. You should know exactly where certain items are, where certain disguises can be found and which are safe spaces in the level. The good thing is while you haven't completed any goal and have not been killed you can just restart the elusive target over and over again. If you die or the target dies and then you die that's it. If you want to get the unlockables you should do the first 13 targets following Youtube walkthroughs. And then enjoy the final 13. I tried it like you, going in nearly blind, and failed the first five targets I tried.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The pricing on this is weird for me after having the base game and other DLC prior to this. Either there's a $23 CAD bundle for Patient Zero and the three outfits, or a $8 CAD bundle for Patient Zero alone. Like, there's obviously no way there's a $15 difference for just the costumes, so is that just weird bundling and regional pricing issues?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, the last couple of levels on PZ are brilliant. Colorado reminds me of H2:SA. Speaking of which, the new colouring does too.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Which maps does the Patient Zero campaign use? I'm debating whether to buy this DLC or not.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
ok cool, and do you need to be well prepared for these? Like, if I am just starting the game for the first time then and not far into it, would I be able to successfully complete them?

You'll be ill-equipped if you do. Reaching mastery level 20 at each destination gets you a lot of useful gear, which you can get by completing their many different challenges.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
I have the full game but is $20 worth the GOTY upgrade ? Should I wait till next week for BF deals and maybe itd be cheaper ?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends. If you don't care about SA rating (warning: you need a minimum of SA ratings on ETs to unlock all suits), a rubber ducky that you let the target or their bodyguard pick up, then run to the exit and just blow it up will get you through a lot of them.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Ooph. Not sure I'm that happy with the upgraded lighting. Sapienza looks a bit too cartoony now and Bangkok looks... inconsistent? At the very least, Colorado is an absolute downgrade in my opinion. That purple/rose hue really ruins it.

The afternoon lighting in the new Hokkaido mission is great though. Kind of wish that was the time of day setting in the original mission.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
Had no idea about elusive targets. Guess I'm re-installing!
The pricing on this is weird for me after having the base game and other DLC prior to this. Either there's a $23 CAD bundle for Patient Zero and the three outfits, or a $8 CAD bundle for Patient Zero alone. Like, there's obviously no way there's a $15 difference for just the costumes, so is that just weird bundling and regional pricing issues?
That's what I'm seeing now. You'd be surprised how ridiculous pricing can be on cosmetics.

Not going to question it, just buying. :)

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Lmao this last Patient Zero mission is ridicilous. I guess the easiest way to to this would be

having an agency machine gun pickup, killing the targets and then murdering every soul in that hospital? I had over 80 people infected at some point haha.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao this last Patient Zero mission is ridicilous. I guess the easiest way to to this would be

having an agency machine gun pickup, killing the targets and then murdering every soul in that hospital? I had over 80 people infected at some point haha.

My most effective strategy was to beeline for a Hazmat suit, then walk around taking out infected semi-stealthily with a silenced pistol so I didn't cause too much alarm. I had a silenced assault rifle as a pickup, just in case, and managed to keep the infection fairly limited

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

Pay attention to who gets infected first, and then go back and take that person out before they get infected. It's most likely the female surgeon who exits out the back of the hospital. You'll need the keycard hacking device equipped.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Pay attention to who gets infected first, and then go back and take that person out before they get infected. It's most likely the female surgeon who exits out the back of the hospital. You'll need the keycard hacking device equipped.
My most effective strategy was to beeline for a Hazmat suit, then walk around taking out infected semi-stealthily with a silenced pistol so I didn't cause too much alarm. I had a silenced assault rifle as a pickup, just in case, and managed to keep the infection fairly limited

Cool, I'll try these.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
0 infected in Patience Zero:
Get into the lab bathroom ASAP. (When you start, climb up, walk up the mountain path, wait for the scientists to go inside and - via the ledge route - climb into the bathroom window) Two hazard suit blokes should be leaving the room opposite of you. Get into this room and stand near the door of the room containing the target. Open the door and throw an object to distract the hazard suit mate next to the target. Stand clear of the door and let the hazard suit twat walk inside. Quickly grab your silenced pistol and shoot the target through the window with the blinds. Now choke the shit out of hazard suit homie. Boom. Clean house.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I have some links for you guys, get HYPED

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-13-io-interactive-targets-more-hitman-and-more-control

Hakan Abrak about the future, what worked, what didn't and so on. Pretty interesting read.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-...-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

Now this is the real kicker. John Wick (all three of them) screenwriter will write and produce Hitman series pilot for Hulu! That's SICK AF goddamnit I want it now.

Like, imagine this show. Going from city to city in each episode, showing the briefing, the preparation, the flawless Silent Assassin style execution and triumphant extraction?

Would be an expensive show though. Not sure if it even would have mass appeal tbh.

Last edited:

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to feel about the price of this update. $20 felt too much for what were re skinned maps and three new outfits. The first mission and Third mission were typical. I like that they removed quest markers so I had to figure out how to do special kills on my own but I've played Sapienza and Bangkok so many times I knew how to comfortably maneuver through the map with complete ease. 5 starring them both since I just knew the entire map already. I believe Sapienza was the weaker of them since I knew how to get to Brother C and kill him in the first 30 seconds on my first blind run.
The second mission was the most unique and I did poorly on. I couldn't figure out how to adjust for the bullet travel time but I did a decent 3 star on it. It was the first map I ever used my Mouse and Keyboard on. But, I enjoyed it for its uniqueness.

The final map- Hokkaido was a mess for me. I thought this posed the most interesting mechanic in any Hitman game. I like how the virus would spread and it had me genuinely freaking out, restarting my game, and trying to figure out how to best contain it. This went against all my normal thinking of taking the game slow to learn everything and make a plan to get my perfect score.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
That allowed me to 5 star it which feels nice but also made me kinda sad that the most effective way to beat the level was to rush it when most of Hitman is about being slow and methodical. Your pace increasing as you learn the level then can breeze through it. I just don't feel like I learned a lot in Hokkaido Zero which is contrasting to how the level is in the base game.

The root of this unsatisfactory are the redressed maps. I've played this game too often and using the same maps reduce the challenge. 70% of the difficulty of Hitman is learning the maps- knowing the guard rotations, knowing where to find x,y,z, and knowing the secret pathways that lead to where. While redressing maps can add more difficulty- I believe the Film Set bonus level in Sapienza is a good example of that since it restricted the players movements a lot more with guarded checkpoints. These maps have the same freedoms as the base game.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Any impressions on the tweaked HDR? It was originally the worst looking game I tried with HDR but I read they were fixing it with the GOTY update. Was super washed out to the point where it looked way better without HDR lol

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll wait for it to go down cheap for steam, I have the PS4 version already and would love to play this in 4k when i upgrade my PC