• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like i'm the only person who gets tired of seeing the same actors over and over and over

this is how you guys ended up with so many jaded 'heroes'

i want to see some nobodies star in blockbusters, and no more movies in their 'career'. it's so lame seeing childish gambino show up in a bunch of unrelated stuff again and again. to me, that's the definition of boring. i'm more likely to pick up a movie with characters i don't recognize so i don't get 'steven seagall' syndrome (oh this guy is the same character in every movie)

of course it would never happen but it's a huge reason why the older i get i just have no interest in most films, makes things feel even more recycled than they are (even though almost all of what comes out are remakes and sequels anyway)

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's insane when you think about it, and Disney is already a monopoly now and it's only going to get worse! And they still charge an arm and a leg for a family to go to one of their parks. :/

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
star wars isn't even good why does everyone like it

giphy.gif

How very dare you sir

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit we're getting Lion King, Toy Story 4, and Star Wars IX in one year?

i don't give a flying fuck if Disney have a monopoly they will be getting my money.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this is going to generate crazy amounts of money, albeit I'd like them try more new ideas. I know Star Wars and Avengers in particular print money, but something that isn't a remake, reboot, sequel or variation of existing products would be nice.

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, it's a lot easier to fight content monopoly than cable or phone carrier monopoly.

Plus they can't build drm into content like the way hardware company does.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
You say monopoly...
I just see nothing but remakes and sequels (which translates to a lack of original content and playing it too safe).

I'm still excited though, and I'm sure they'll be making bank.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin love Disney. Always putting out good shit ever since I was a kid. Let them buy out every property for all I care. I know 90% chance they'll do it justice

SamuelBeckwit

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the Beauty and the Beast remake recently. I'm cool on not seeing any of their other live action remakes after that shit show. When the best part of the movie is LeFou played by Jack Black Lite (who was awesome) then I begin to doubt your ability to transition other parts of my childhood onto film.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
They're releasing a Dumbo remake? Ugh...

I hknestly feel that Disney itself has become very uninteresting lately. I have disliked pretty much everything they've put out the last few years that's not Marvel or Star Wars.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Meh, it's a lot easier to fight content monopoly than cable or phone carrier monopoly.

Plus they can't build drm into content like the way hardware company does.
Disney just finds other ways to be shitty, like how they're literally forcing cinemas to exclusively play the new Star Wars movie in their largest room and pay Disney a huge percentage of the ticket fees or else they won't get the movie.

That's how I felt about Incredibles 1 and everyone's hype for that so that's money they wouldn't be making if they didn't.
But Incredibles actually had a sequel hook, Toy Story 3 was literally supposed to be the end of the series.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, they will, and they deserve it, Imo. So many amazing movies!

Slightly off-topic, but is Avengers 4 supposed to be referring to Infinity War: Part 2? Are they just referring to it as Avengers 4 now?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
But Incredibles actually had a sequel hook, Toy Story 3 was literally supposed to be the end of the series.

I felt that the ending of the first one didn't present itself as a sequel hook, but more as a logical conclusion to the story of "The Incredibles" as the parents were superheroes in the past, stopped doing it, had kids, and now they're a superhero family. The Underminer sucks and doesn't matter. I don't wanna see them fight him. I prefer the implication of them becoming a superhero family team than actually showing them doing it.

Oct 28, 2017
star wars isn't even good why does everyone like it

Nailed it. Star Wars sucks. I'm seeing it but that's because I see just about everything. I almost fell asleep in Rogue One. These movies are predictable and Kylo Ren is just about the worst villain I've seen in a movie of this nature in a long time. He's basically just an angsty teen. He's so hard to cheer for and he certainly doesn't feel badass. Can't wait for him to be super evil this movie and then get a redemption arc in IX, because that's obviously what's going to happen.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Toy Story two decades ago in the 90s as a child. I have not seen Toy Story 2 and 3.

How much am I missing? lol

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm just glad to not see Pirates of the Caribbean anywhere on that list.

Enough was enough. That shit needed to end.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how toy story turns out. 3 ended perfect and was the best movie of the franchise, there's literally no need for a 4th. But I also said I didn't think a 3rd was necessary either.