EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
That list won't hold.

They already denied me having Avengers and Star Wars in the same month.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I don't see all those live action remakes happening at once in the same year.

But yes, Avengers 4, Star Wars 9, Frozen 2, Toy Story 4, and I know the Lion King remake are definitely 2019 and for real. Which is absolutely mind boogling how much money they will make between those.

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
Well, so far there is only Captain Marvel slated for March and Avengers 4 in May (SpiderMan is in July but that is Sony). They will definitely have another Disney Marvel movie between May and Star Wars Ep 9 in December.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Disney wants money and it's money that makes the world go around. I just wondered if they'd be better off spacing them out more, as 2020 may not be as big of a year. I don't follow movie releases too closely though.

It just feels like overkill. But if we're getting a new Star Wars movie every year, which is also overkill, then I guess they'll still have a huge year regardless.
You shut your mouth!

Disney continue pls

I'l gladly suffer through Han Solo if it means Obi-Wan and Boba Fett movies in the following years.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else looked at that lineup and said to themselves "I have no interest in any of these movies"? And pretty much all of those movies will do just fine without me. It's sad to me that their riskiest movies are the remakes of their classics and those will almost certainly make the least amount of money for them but will still make a TON of money. I will say that it is horrifying how big these companies are getting.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Having the most valuable stable of IPs in the industry does not constitute a Monopoly.

That being said, I would not be surprised if they end up pushing some of the films they have slated for 2019. Disney is smarter than to cannibalize their own earnings potential.

Also, I understand why people get concerned over how big Disney is getting. However, no one is forcing anyone to see Disney/Marvel/Pixar movies. There's plenty of other movies out there in the theater, not to mention Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. People pay to see Disney movies because they want to and appreciate (in general) the product that Disney puts out.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think, to be honest, this has been true since 2001 or therabouts.

IiOHUUi.jpg

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel is mind-blowing.

They essentially own the two most valuable film franchises on the planet.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't a monopoly a company that controls a majority of what they are doing. Like those railroad companies back in the day.

Also the title was kind of facetious.
If by monopoly you mean a monopoly on the super hero and kids movie market, then maybe I can see your point. But even then it's not the literally definition, just a figurative one because there are plenty of other super hero and kids movies from other companies coming.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Jungle Book 2 is not 2019. Favreau is doing Lion King right now, and then he'll do Jungle Book 2 when that's finished. No way he's getting both out in 2019.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went over the list and it's actually not really correct. They have announced these films for 2019:

Captain Marvel
Dumbo
Avengers 4
Aladdin
Toy Story 4
(Spider-Man Homecoming 2)
The Lion King
Artemis Fowl
Nicole
Frozen 2
Mulan
Star Wars Episode IX

Homecoming 2 is a Sony release but made by Marvel Studios. Artemis Fowl is a Branagh-directed film adaptation of the book series. Nicole is a female Santa Claus movie starring Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader, written and directed by Marc Lawrence. They will also most likely have a Disney nature documentary that they haven't announced yet.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else looked at that lineup and said to themselves "I have no interest in any of these movies"? And pretty much all of those movies will do just fine without me. It's sad to me that their riskiest movies are the remakes of their classics and those will almost certainly make the least amount of money for them but will still make a TON of money. I will say that it is horrifying how big these companies are getting.
I have a mild interest in Avengers 4 and Star Wars: Episode depending on how much I'll like Infinity War and The Last Jedi, but yeah, I'll most likely skip the others.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I have a mild interest in Avengers 4 and Star Wars: Episode depending on how much I'll like Infinity War and The Last Jedi, but yeah, I'll most likely skip the others.
Yeah but with a new Star Wars coming every year and at least one new Marvel movie every year you couldn't pay me to care about either of those series. They're not special anymore and all of those films leave my mind before I leave the theater. Obviously, a lot of people enjoy them and I wish I still did but I just can't.

Sgtpepper89

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So 10 out of 10 is remakes or sequels. Truly groundbreaking and inspiring stuff.

Have fun with your favourite movies going for mediocrity and drowning you in merchandise.

Oct 27, 2017
You guys act like they are going to just recycle the story from Toy Story 1 or something. A movie can be both a sequel and creatively fresh. It just has the same characters.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And they didn't buy Fox yet
If they bought Fox you can add Gambit's movie and Avatar 2

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lmao at Captain Marvel being on that list

Why not?
- MCU's first solo Female Lead
- MCU's strongest character according to CEO Kevin Fiege
- has an Interesting plot
- starring an Oscar winner
- remarks Nick Fury first appearnce since 2015's Avengers 2
- the movie is strongly connected to both Avengers 3 and 4

Easy 700M+

Eric Peng

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Everyone saying Disney is creatively bankrupt doesn't realize they are still small compared to some other movie studios. Their output is still far less than most big studios. Additionally, most of their unique work is from their animation studios. Animated movies take a long time to make. Thus, you can't have constant new IPs all the time as it takes years to get them complete.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying Disney is creatively bankrupt doesn't realize they are still small compared to some other movie studios. Their output is still far less than most big studios. Additionally, most of their unique work is from their animation studios. Animated movies take a long time to make. Thus, you can't have constant new IPs all the time as it takes years to get them complete.
This is a very naive post given corporations in the same industry are typically compared by total revenue, not units shipped.

Disney is basically tied with Warner Brothers for the top studio. in '18 they will likely be far and away the biggest.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
if you mean they'll have a monopoly over moviegoers' money then sure

Jungle Book 2 isn't out in 2019 though, it's on hold since the crew behind that is working on Lion King first. Mulan doesn't have a firm date yet and could easily move to 2020. and I kinda doubt Dumbo will be that big of a hit. everything else has a good chance at hitting a billion each

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, Disney is suffering from a severe case of creative bankruptcy. I hope they manage to turn it around. The kids today deserve new movies and not just remakes of the stuff we got as kids.