Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How you gonna reference this man and not his seminal role in The Wire? You people and your fucking walking dead, watch a real show
And Clayton Hughes in Oz - the guard who went nuts and ended up a prisoner.

Usually, most of these are pretty "duh" but this one really blew my mind just now.

Supreme Chancelor Valorum in Episode 1
valorum_a31904f4.jpeg

and

General Zod in the Superman movies
10caa6ba-1960-4f80-8415-266ada74d838_screenshot.jpg

are played by the same actor!
Terence Stamp, very well known British actor, been in tons of things. Such as....

The-Adventures-of-Priscilla-Queen-of-the-Desert-the-adventures-of-priscilla-queen-of-the-desert-41317477-395-225.gif

Priscilla Queen of the Desert :)

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
One that I was just reminded of that I think is worth mentioning. It's a bit left-field - it's not an actor - but it's very much mindblowing if you don't already know it:

Yes, it's a (classic!) gameshow intro. And I'm not referring to any of the contestants or the host. Watch it, have a think what I might be referencing... then reveal the spoiler.

XKC2ybp.png

This is how I felt when I realized John WIlliams composed the original Lost in Space theme.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Here's one that really got me. I was watching 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (British comedy panel show) and one of the guest comedians was someone I'd never heard of, Harriet Kemsley:

8_out_of_10_cats_countdown_1505.jpg

Many of you here will have heard her voice. As who, you might ask?

nashandraframe.jpg

zMudQS3_d.jpg

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Here's one that really got me. I was watching 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (British comedy panel show) and one of the guest comedians was someone I'd never heard of, Harriet Kemsley:

nashandraframe.jpg

zMudQS3_d.jpg

Talking about UK comedy stuff and gaming, one thing that probably shouldn't be a surprise - in that I know he did voice work before he was a known comedian, in particular in the Discworld games, but was a surprise since it's something I'd heard so often but hadn't made the link until recently:

A few days ago, for the first time in ages, I listened to the Metropolis Street Racer soundtrack - which of course comes with the adverts, which - for London's radio, at least - were real radio commercials from the time

And when that Diet Tango advert came on that I'd heard so many times before, I finally realised: That's Rob Brydon, that is.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Talking about UK comedy stuff and gaming, one thing that probably shouldn't be a surprise - in that I know he did voice work before he was a known comedian, in particular in the Discworld games, but was a surprise since it's something I'd heard so often but hadn't made the link until recently:

A few days ago, for the first time in ages, I listened to the Metropolis Street Racer soundtrack - which of course comes with the adverts, which - for London's radio, at least - were real radio commercials from the time

And when that Diet Tango advert came on that I'd heard so many times before, I finally realised: That's Rob Brydon, that is.

We need a game where the hero is played by David Mitchell, and the villain is played by Rob Brydon doing his David Mitchell impression.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I feel really dumb for finding out that John David Washington (Blackkklansman) is the son of Denzel Washington.

dea9d960-9040-11e8-88b7-a34caf3b32f4_tile.jpg

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I'm having difficulty with the concept of "hero played by David Mitchell". It'll be the finest Accountancy-em-up the world has ever seen!

Nah, I need a badass played by Mitchell. The ridiculous dissonance from the voice would be half the fun.

I also want a cool, cold-blooded hitman, played by... David Hyde Pierce.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
The first time you see The Kingpin in the Marvel Netflix show, you only see the back of his head, looking at some art. No lie, my wife watching with me said out of nowhere "that's the guy from The Cell". Recognized from seeing the back of his head for 3 seconds! It was like solving a Wheel of Fortune puzzle before guessing a letter.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I just rewatched Shanghai Knights for the first time in like 15 years and the bad guy in the film:

2003-shanghai-knights-rathbone.jpg

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Skip from Angel:
latest

...went on to play a somewhat more well-known role:

Meanwhile, another actor made an early appearance in Angel:
Frosted-Tips-1451998463.gif

Oct 30, 2017
Alright, lets get this thread a proper boost.

w1Mz2aLj_400x400.jpg

Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark is Paul Freeman, who also played:

Djpmsj6r.jpg

Ivan Ooze in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie
My wife dragged me into watching that bad show reign because she liked the costumes or whatever, Well it has our Boy Craig Parker who plays a nobel in the show
images

Who is also the first antagonist in Spartacus
images

And the part that really fucked us up was back in 2002 he had a little part in a movie a lot of people liked...
latest
This thread is soft on the mindblowing so i'm here with some high grade mindplosives for ya.

See this here delicious candy coated chocolate?

latest

Well, he's voiced by none other than the one and only........

MV5BMzg2NTI5NzQ1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjI1NDEwMDI@._V1_UY317_CR23,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

JK SIMMONS. I knew Billy West of Futurama fame voiced the Red M&M but I just never realized the Yellow M&M was also J Jonah Jameson. Suddenly I have a craving for M&Ms AND pictures of Spider-Man.
4b4dedd46a4d4ad7bf14bddf77304041.jpg

Caught this over the Christmas period, A VERY young Gus Fring!
tenor.gif

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
This guy in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs looked familiar.

harry-melling-buster-scruggs.jpg

Turns out he's

Dudley Dursely from Harry Potter.

dudley-dursley-aem.jpg

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This one just threw me. Watching 3rd Rock from the sun, episode with Pickles (their pet in human form)

bill-3rdrock2.jpg

Turns out that's Cary from Legion

latest

Oct 27, 2017

nashandraframe.jpg

zMudQS3_d.jpg

Now someone gets to clean this up and provide names for these random screenshots that not everyone recognizes.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Chutney (curly daughter) from Legally Blonde is Judy on Netflix's Dead To Me. but then again she was Velma in the 2002 Scooby Doo Movie lol.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

nashandraframe.jpg

zMudQS3_d.jpg
Speaking about Dark Souls 2, there are two actors in the MCU who voiced characters in the game:

36885945_10216914561846230_5421807903759663104_o.jpg

36887996_10216914565686326_6381124476074983424_n.jpg

Peter Serafinowicz was in Guardians of the Galaxy, and voiced Pate in DS2.

36865701_10216914548685901_5412559340227788800_o.jpg

36913871_10216914550125937_4792284595745718272_n.jpg

Hannah John-Kamen was in Ant-Man and The Wasp, and voiced Shalquoir in the game.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Now someone gets to clean this up and provide names for these random screenshots that not everyone recognizes.

If you don't know who it is from the screenshots then there's no reason to care who it is in the first place, not to mention that the character herself is a spoiler that I didn't feel the need to give away unnecessarily. But fine, it's
Nashandra, the final boss of Dark Souls 2.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, i just rewatched Silent Hill Revelations after maybe 6 years.

Never knew that John Snow himself came to support Ned stark.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Nah, I need a badass played by Mitchell. The ridiculous dissonance from the voice would be half the fun.

I also want a cool, cold-blooded hitman, played by... David Hyde Pierce.
Also, they have to write all their own lines. I want a Doom game where the hero walks into battle with a million guns and then David Mitchell's voice comes out saying "I think you'll find it is actually you who is about to be on the receiving end of 'the pain,' as you have adequately described it. As you can see from my arsenal, I am very much ready to begin delivering on the promise of said aforementioned pain. It's something of a mystery how I'm even able to carry such massive stockpiles of ammunition into battle without collapsing under the sheer weight of it, but nevertheless, here I am. Let us commence the absurd scenario that contrivance has brought us to."

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Also, they have to write all their own lines. I want a Doom game where the hero walks into battle with a million guns and then David Mitchell's voice comes out saying "I think you'll find it is actually you who is about to be on the receiving end of 'the pain,' as you have adequately described it. As you can see from my arsenal, I am very much ready to begin delivering on the promise of said aforementioned pain. It's something of a mystery how I'm even able to carry such massive stockpiles of ammunition into battle without collapsing under the sheer weight of it, but nevertheless, here I am. Let us commence the absurd scenario that contrivance has brought us to."

"I'm gonna leave you here in pieces."
"And I am going to thoroughly disabuse you of that notion."

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
One of Jake Gyllenhaal's early roles was as the son of a murder victim on "Homicide: Life on the Street" back in 1994. Robin Williams played his father

oikgyvE.jpg

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Just figured out that the hilarious energy vampire in What We Do In The Shadows ( Mark Proksch) was the guy from a few years back who pranked a bunch of local TV news shows with a Yo-Yo act.

0.jpg

markprokschwwdits.jpg