• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, i was curious to know if pepole would agree or at least debate some of his arguments like Jax being African Amercian not really being a key part of his charcter.
Well, perhaps next time add some further comments to the post beyond "I don't agree what do you think?"?

Just posting a racist video and asking people to watch it isn't a great idea.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Well, perhaps next time add some further comments to the post beyond "I don't agree what do you think?"?

Just posting a racist video and asking people to watch it isn't a great idea.
Fair enough which is why i summarised the Jax segment on the video

Lol so summarize

Also who is this guy

Why would we invest time on some random tuber.
Okay i will summarise

"4th Snake first talks about how Netherealms attempts at being Woke have done nothing to damage the game and reputation. He talks about Jax's ending and how Jax makes life for black pepole. He talks about Jax is in African Dress and there is no race in sight which has some disturbing implications according to him and makes a comparison from Jax to Killmonger. Then it talks about Jax being an African American being incidental. He says the reason why Jax is black because John Parrish (the actor who portrayed him) is black not because they wanted to add a black charcter. He then goes on to say that Jax's race never truly mattered in the series.According to him - Earthrealmers are treated as a single race besides Nightwolf (he also says NW would fit this much better). He then says that its odd Jax and his issues concerning with race has never been brought up in the series so it's odd it's being treated with a big issue. He then goes to say while it's possible for him to think of this way of reshaping the world - that it's OOC for Jax since he's willing to risk everything in order in order make this significant change in time despite the fact it could affect Jacqui's past and as such 4thSnake feels that ending reduced him for a grieving widow wanting to protect his daughter to another African Amercian man."

That's basically his argument on Jax's Ending being bad. He also goes into Jacqui's ending and Jade with one comment standing out "Netherealm are restricting the charcte's right to show skin and turned her from an assassin to a second fiddle for Kotal"

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Okay i will summarise

"4th Snake first talks about how Netherealms attempts at being Woke have done nothing to damage the game and reputation. He talks about Jax's ending and how Jax makes life for black pepole. He talks about Jax is in African Dress and there is no race in sight which has some disturbing implications according to him and makes a comparison from Jax to Killmonger. Then it talks about Jax being an African American being incidental. He says the reason why Jax is black because John Parrish (the actor who portrayed him) is black not because they wanted to add a black charcter. He then goes on to say that Jax's race never truly mattered in the series.According to him - Earthrealmers are treated as a single race besides Nightwolf (he also says NW would fit this much better). He then says that its odd Jax and his issues concerning with race has never been brought up in the series so it's odd it's being treated with a big issue. He then goes to say while it's possible for him to think of this way of reshaping the world - that it's OOC for Jax since he's willing to risk everything in order in order make this significant change in time despite the fact it could affect Jacqui's past and as such 4thSnake feels that ending reduced him for a grieving widow wanting to protect his daughter to another African Amercian man."

That's basically his argument on Jax's Ending being bad. He also goes into Jacqui's ending and Jade with one comment standing out "Netherealm are restricting the charcte's right to show skin and turned her from an assassin to a second fiddle for Kotal"

So nonsense

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really sick of "gamers" disguising their complaints as criticisms of artistic integrity. It's incredibly clear that anybody that had a problem with this ending, whether they know it or not, looks at games and gaming as their safe space and is bugging out at non-white perspectives invading that space.

Also, just so we're clear, you can't deny a fictional character their right to "show off their body." When they are created for a video game, they can either be treated as a character or as something to be enjoyed by one kind of gaze. That argument has nothing going for it, it's faux logic.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, i was curious to know if pepole would agree or at least debate some of his arguments like Jax being African Amercian not really being a key part of his charcter.
What the fuck?

FUCK that video. Jesus fuck. Keep this racist bullshit off the board.

Edit: You know what, don't even bother. Not seeing that post anymore.
Oh god... I will just block the channel so youtube don't start recommending his stuff to me now.

About Jax being this American hero first and only for these youtube people, and others who are angry that he is now into his history, and the fact that he's black. They seem to only be ok with him if he ignore his heritage and the problems he faced on his path to becoming Mortal Kombat fighter. Who knows, maybe even in high ranking positions he still get treated a certain way even though he's in leadership roles in the army. My brother sure do, currently as a major.

It's a Mortal Kombat game, did they expect a script that would be high end drama movie caliber? I watched the table reading for Breaking Bad's Blood Money episode Thursday, and they had some odd wording in the narration parts to set the mood as well. Mortal Kombat.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Okay i will summarise

HEY GAMERS. TODAY I'LL REVEAL HOW JAX ENDING SLAVERY IS ACTUALLY RACIST AND WHY NETHERREALM IS DENYING WOMEN EMPOWERMENT. REMEMBER TO SLAM THAT LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.

GAMING FUCKFACE HERE, AND YOU JUST GOT FUCKED, FACE.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
No, I asked why you are bringing it up. You keep saying you don't agree with it, but you want people to engage with the argument. Why?
Basically i wanted to know if there were pepole that agreed with 4thSnake's argument that it was OOC for Jax to so. And if so ask why they agreed with some of his points and give my own stance on why i don't agree with it

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Basically i wanted to know if there were pepole that agreed with 4thSnake's argument that it was OOC for Jax to so. And if so ask why they agreed with some of his points and give my own stance on why i don't agree with it
What a confusing tactic. State your own grievances before dropping a video arguing about a stance you don't agree with otherwise you are stating that you agree with it.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Fair enough. I should have post it before posting my opinion on it

Woosh.... Over your head...

If it's bullshit you don't agree with, why signal boost it.

You did the guy a favor spreading his shit message and pushing for more views of his content

Edit: I'm gonna go on a limb and say based on your username, that you're prob the dude in the video or affiliated with him. Because what you did here makes no goddamn sense in the slightest. Like this is literally some ass backwards attempt to be slick and promote bullshit

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, that would make sense. Just hope we can ignore that mess, now it's on another page so that's good, bury it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Woosh.... Over your head...

If it's bullshit you don't agree with, why signal boost it.

You did the guy a favor spreading his shit message and pushing for more views of his content

Edit: I'm gonna go on a limb and say based on your username, that you're prob the dude in the video or affiliated with him. Because what you did here makes no goddamn sense in the slightest. Like this is literally some ass backwards attempt to be slick and promote bullshit
I can say right now that I am not affiliated or associated with him. Also fair enough - let's just bury it. I apologise for bringing it up

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Do you find this compelling? Why are you quoting this person?

Not everyone deserves to be debated.

100% agree

giphy.webp

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
I think it's awesome. It's also critical to realize that slavery is not over. Check out antislavery.org or look up other resources, wr still have far more work to do.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I avoided this thread until I finished the campaign. What a pleasant surprise to finally learn what this thread is actually about.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This thread is amazing.

Loved Jax's ending btw.