• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This stupid fucker is saying that the president of the united states' conversastions with foreign heads of state should not be reveiwable or allowable in whistle blower cases.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Honorable Joseph Maguire, I, Mr. Stewart, am going to suck you off, live on TV, for hundreds of thousands of people to see"
"Thank you."

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Is it just me or is Maguire's story reasonable?

Also Schiff should not have misled everyone by reading an ambiguous fictional transcript. I was confused for a while.

But apart from that, the crux of the impeachable offense remains.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
"I think we can agree leaks are unlawful..."

Lol deflection in full force.

And thank you Schiff for rebuking everything the previous idiot said in one sentence.

Magni

Read it. Collaborates everything we've been hearing.
  • Rudy Giuliani is FUUUUUCKED.
  • It makes a big deal of abuse of high security systems since this was NOT a national security issue. First I've heard of this and I wonder if it has legs.
  • Much more information for context on earlier calls. They were partially freezing diplomatic contact with the new Ukraine government over this issue. That seems massive.
  • Giuliani was meeting with Ukraine officials, with no official capacity, to negotiate the Ukraine government to produce compromising information on Biden. That seems a very clear violation of US law (no private citizen may parlay with foreign officials). He's so very fucked.
  • All of this adds up to what looks like a very strong case of the President trading his official powers for personal gain. I don't know how you avoid that conclusion.

What's the minimum sentence for that? I hope at least a decade for Rudy.

I wonder how this is being received/reported in Ukraine... and I wonder if this is going to make Biden look more electable, or less.

I'm meeting up with a co-worker from Ukraine next week, can't wait to ask him about this.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Once this cheetoh is out on his ass I really want someone to chime in on the Electoral College and point out that because they didn't do their job we ended up going through years of this corrupt fuck, his radicalization of folks into insane levels of racism and xenophobia, and that eventually he had to be impeached for his corruption and self serving ineptitude.
All because the Electoral College didn't do their job as outlined to avoid the entire excited mob mentality that put him in when he was clearly not qualified when they had the votes to do so.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
when you say, full investigation, was it actually a full investigation, or only a "full" investigation

I know you said the full investigation was credible and urgent, but was it really full

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
It's nice to wake up to this. As clear cut and simple as can be. Impeach or not impeach this is illegal.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

THE DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND ALL THAT IT STANDS FOR. STICK TOGETHER, PLAY THEIR GAME, AND FIGHT HARD REPUBLICANS. OUR COUNTRY IS AT STAKE!

8:41 AM - Sep 26, 2019

giphy.gif

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone catch me up to speed on what info Trump and Giuliani were seeking to blackmail from the Ukrainians?

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hilarious that the whistle blower, who's account has been found credile is being attacked, instead of the people who committed the crime.

by hilarious, I mean depressing and sad

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Why does every one of these hearings turn into a contest for who can sound like the slimiest douchebag?

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
What does this mean? Like I don't see how this changes much, we've known that Trump has been corrupt for years.

I think the biggest bomb is that they tried to hide documentation which is a very, very big deal for demonstrating intent to obstruct AND that they knew it was illiegal when it happened.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
This guy sounds like Frank Gaad in the Americans