How do you feel about Among Us?

• Addictive! Play it every day.

Votes: 42 4.0%
  • Amazing!

Votes: 326 31.3%
  • Meh.

Votes: 135 13.0%
  • Never played it, but I've heard of it.

Votes: 418 40.2%
  • Absolute garbage.

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • What's Among Us?

Votes: 34 3.3%
  • A good game to play once and never again.

Votes: 74 7.1%

• Total voters

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I like watching streamers on twitch play it with friends. Don't have enough friends myself that would want to play it

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I find PC controls 100 times better than mobile.

I love deception games so I'm glad this game had a resurgence.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Among Us needs more maps, luckily the sequel is on it's way and will be designed with adding content in mind. 10/10 for me too.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I do not trust you, OP. *votes for you*

I love it. I have had lots of fun with my friends these past couple of weeks. I think it could be much improved though.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fun! Games are pretty short, so it's a good pick-up-and-play game, plus pub games can get pretty silly.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Wish I could play it on PS4 and will wait till it hits consoles. I adore watching streamers play it.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I DEAD BODY myself because none of my friends want to play this game so I can't play it

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Played it for the first time with friends last Sunday, there were 9 of us. Was great fun, really scratched an itch that was brewing since corona put paid to any IRL games of Werewolf or anything similar.

Did watch some streams but clearly I didn't find the right ones as every stream I checked had players who were laughably bad at bluffing or acting naturally while they're the impostor. But I guess they don't regularly play bluffing/deception games.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I need something between Amazing and Meh. There's still a fair amount of scope for improvement - and I could do with being a lot better at it - but it's a robust game and it's got a lot of potential.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Meh for me, I can play 2-3 rounds every now and then but that's it. I'm annoyed by the fact that literally almost all my friends constantly want to push me to play it and are bewildered that I don't like the game much.

Oct 27, 2017
It's only fun if you have friends to play with.
Public games are just a safe haven to uneducated and racist ppl. It's not fun. The game needs a report system.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
We play it as a family from time to time (4 of us together with 6 online ransoms). Laughs have been had. 🙂

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty good, but I also think that board games are about thirty steps ahead of it in terms of design.

Resistance Avalon came out in 2010 and is much more clever in it's design with the unique player roles. Among Us feels more like the really old social deduction games like Mafia or Werewolf.

I also think that the social deduction genre just fundamentally works so much better in person rather than over voice chat.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a group of friends to play with, it's a fucking blast. Other than that, the memes are great I guess.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
A fantastic premise! It's super fun with a group of friends or people you know won't quit out. Random people will just leave the game constantly.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Never played it and no interest in it, but I'm very glad for the developers. 2020 has been a great year for small multiplayer titles.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I play a couple of rounds every evening. I barely could get into a game on EU servers though, and if I did it was full of slurs and idiots. After switching to US servers this has surprisingly gotten much better (possibly the time difference) and having had a couple of nice rounds with cool people makes me wish they had kind of a friend list.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
It's sequel is not on the way.
Thanks
They canceled the sequel, so they could improve the first game. You should check out the details: https://innersloth.itch.io/among-us/devlog/181107/the-future-of-among-us
This is definitely the right move, it's not about graphics or anything, the issue with the game is entirely around content, so glad they are working hard on adding it. Hopefully once they get one new map in, they can get another in quicker.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic little game, playing it almost every night at the moment. It's such a fun, simple concept. No wonder it got huge.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Where's that one fan animation where the imposter kills someone and hops into a vent, then another player finds the body, but before they can signal the alarm, the person behind them signals the alarm, and they all think that person is the imposter before jettisoning them into space?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Glad a werewolf/mafia game broke into mainstream. Game is fun, awaiting more updates.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Fun to watch streamers play if they are interesting and and engaging.

But nothing I care to play myself.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
This is as much a game problem as it is a player problem, but there's a massive burden of knowledge on new players that makes it very difficult to play imposter until they learn all the tasks.

With that said, I hope the point that other devs get from Among Us' success isn't just that social deception is awesome, but to have cross-platform compatibility between mobile and other platforms. Without mobile F2P, this game would be nothing.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me, it's fun a little bit, nothing about it is really special other than it being the new boom among streamers.

It's not like Secret Hitler, Werewolf or similar games hasn't existed before.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Just got to play it last friday for the first time. It's a lot better than i expected.

It's an awesome experience with close friends/family using open mic on discord. But i would never play with randoms.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun and a great take on the concept - but it hasn't had any particular staying power for me like it has with some friends.

After a couple rounds I'm usually over it for a few days.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a blast playing it with friends, but then I always think I want to play again and then I go in a room with random people and someone just says "orange" and everyone votes orange like idiots and there's no deception or strategy about it and I quit after 1 game.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I think its more interesting as a meta commentary on how hungry people are nowadays for social interaction, especially during these pandemic times. Its crazy to think it just kinda sat quietly for 2 years without garnering much attention, but right place and the right time and all that.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
it's more fun to watch than play but it's a good time with friends but that can be said about anything really