How do you feel about Among Us?

• Addictive! Play it every day.

Votes: 42 4.0%
  • Amazing!

Votes: 326 31.3%
  • Meh.

Votes: 135 13.0%
  • Never played it, but I've heard of it.

Votes: 418 40.2%
  • Absolute garbage.

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • What's Among Us?

Votes: 34 3.3%
  • A good game to play once and never again.

Votes: 74 7.1%

• Total voters

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
The first time I played it I bounced off it.

a week or so later I picked it up again as something to do while my girlfriend plays through Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the first time. I've been playing multiple rounds every day since, specifically at work since my workload is extremely slow

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
one of those games that i prefer to watch much more interesting group of people play than the one i could do with

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the old Garry's Mod gamemode TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) turned into a standalone game.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have enough friends that would care to play it more than a day (this became clear after giving it a whirl).

I prefer Fall Guys (came to mind as a recent explosive popularity game) because I'm not dependent on others to enjoy it. The other beans could be CPU controlled and I wouldn't know.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's alright for like 10 minutes and then you realize you just do the exact same thing over and over. Overall a 'meh' from me. (played on mobile)

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Watching streams is hilarious.

Probably going to play with friends sometime this month.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Getting together with a group of friends and playing it is a great time. I love it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I actuality like push the button in jack box more than among us. I feel like there's more depth to that game with its use of questioning. Among Us only works well when everyone knows the map and exactly how the game works.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's the only game I can get my friends who don't play other, better games to play with me. It is a useful remote party option in the same vein as jackbox.

I would never play it without four or more close friends with me though. I would never just play it alone.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I watch youtubers playing it everyday. I spent like a good week or two playing it every single day, but work was making me too tired to keep interacting even though I wasn't sick or bored of it.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I hadn't heard of this game before this week and only learned what you do in it a couple days ago.

I have no opinion about it either way.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Lying-based games inevitably make me feel like shit, and I'm awful at them. (Or I'm awful at them because they make me feel like shit?) Something about my personality and particular anxieties just make me hate every second of them, I can't handle it.

It's fun as hell to watch, though! Don't have any desire to play myself but I think it's a great game.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
It is through and through a role playing game: it depends completely on the people you're playing it with and if they go all out with the madness. As a game in itself, it's super unpolished, the servers were garbage a month ago when I played it and as a Mafia/Werewolf style game, there are way better options right now.

But... I had fun when I played it with friends! So I can't quite consider it a 'bad game', but as I said, I think that speaks more for the group that I played it with than for the game. So, maybe a 'Meh' is more fitting?

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Lacking options in the poll.
I like the game, think it's pretty decent but ultimately it's a letdown since the parlor games it's inspired by (Mafia, Resistance, Werewolf and all the other social deduction games) are just a better experience in general and the video game aspects that it brings into the equation aren't really making the formula any better. It's an average social deduction game mashed up with an average video game that ends up combining into a good little video game to play every now and then.
It's good, but not great, essentially.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very sus.

Lots of fun playing with friends.
Constant screaming at my monitor when I see a friend who murdered me talking their way out of it, lol

GonXtreme

Dec 13, 2017
Moscow
It's pure fun if you can play with 4 or more friends, plus discord chat... A total blast.

It's not something I'd play every day, though.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Fantastic game, but one you have to get a group of friends playing, because when you play with randoms most of them quit because they aren't the impostor. This happens on PC and mobile both.

Amazingly fun when you do get a group together, sadly pointless without.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
The poll options weren't varied enough imo, for me it's more of a good game that I play sometimes. I think it's great for my friend group, who have a mix of gaming PCs, phones, and laptops to play it on. The cross platform between PC and mobile worked perfectly for us, and allowed us to play with people we otherwise could not have.
The game itself is nothing mind-blowing, and the concept has been done before, but if you have the right group of people playing it can be a ton of fun. I think the game's simplicity is a good thing, as people who aren't used to play games much can get the hang of it quickly and focus more on the social aspect, which is where the fun comes from. Lying over discord is a bit easier than doing it face to face as well, but the audio lends itself to hilarious situations nonetheless. It's also just a perfect game to play during quarantine times.

I could not imagine playing the game solo though, or even with less than 4 friends. Also voice chat during the discussions is a must imo.

grizzlyburrs

Apr 23, 2020
Lacking options in the poll.
I like the game, think it's pretty decent but ultimately it's a letdown since the parlor games it's inspired by (Mafia, Resistance, Werewolf and all the other social deduction games) are just a better experience in general and the video game aspects that it brings into the equation aren't really making the formula any better. It's an average social deduction game mashed up with an average video game that ends up combining into a good little video game to play every now and then.
It's good, but not great, essentially.

This is my 'hot take' as well. I think even the Jackbox Push the Button gameplay is better moment to moment. I don't mind playing it bc my friends want to but it always strikes me as if we had just committed to another game like the ones you mentioned, we might be having even more fun.

Also: agree with all above posts re mobile controls. Woof.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Poll options are a bit random. I've played a few times on mobile, with a group of people in person. It's kind of fun as a social / drinking game, but I don't find it 'addictive' or 'amazing'.

Touch screen controls are awful though. Virtual joysticks never work very well, and with the other control method, your finger is in the way of the screen.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I play it weekly with some friends, but honestly its just kind of boring to me. I just play to stay in contact with these friends at this point. Either I die and do tasks, or I live and still do tasks. Rarely am I the person to find the body, and rarely am I the impostor either.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Never played it, but from the footage I've seen I know it isn't for me. Same with Fall Guys, I just don't like these kinds of hyper communal mulitplayer fad games. I'd play and enjoy it for ten minutes, and never touch it again.

Dec 16, 2017
It's absolutely incredible, but it takes a good group. I find that if play with random people on my phone it takes 20ish minutes to get a good rhythm going.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was forced to play Wolf with a lot of friends in a lot of gatherings, i dont enjoy it as much. Yeah is fun for a little bit, but everythibg falls apart fast for me after playing with different groups of friends.
I also think the game isa buggy mess with an awful UI to the point of being surprised it wasnt an early access game. i have it on PC but the trying the mobile version the other day and holy shit is the touch controls badly designed, which is funny because playing on pc the minigames are obviously made for touchscreen

Today im playing with my work friends, see how that one goes.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Absolutely love watching others play it, wish I wouldn't have a stinky Macbook so I could play it with friends :(

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Fun game to watch when it's a group of friends LPing it, as I find the actual discussions to be more entertaining than the game, but it's something I wouldn't personally play.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
I think it's good but it's not a new take on the 'imposter' genre, with secret neighbour being another that comes to mind with way more intricate ideas. Execution is maybe not as good but that's what makes Among Us meh to me.

It is definitely a genre I would love to see evolve though, and if Among us can do that, I'd be down.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, good simple take on the genre which allows a wide selection of players. I'm more partial to something like Project Winter, but it can be a bit too complicated for some people. Was way easier to get a group of friends to play Among Us than other games.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
It's a fun game, I just sorta dislike the fact that it's been around for so long, but at the same time.. grateful for it because there's so many people playing the game. This stuff isn't really new to me, especially with playing something like Town of Salem