• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

So I've been replaying TLoU2 on the PS5 and noticed a lot of, like pretty much every few hours, the game crashing with that error code. It's not isolated to TLoU2 either, my GF was playing Ratchet and Clank from the PS collection and she couldn't play it due to that error, it would happen multiple times per hour. I reset my PS5, installed all the games again, cleared the cache and also rebuild the database, but I still encounter it at the same frequency as before. I haven't tried the option of resetting the PS5 with installing the firmware again yet, but I guess I could give that a try as well, just to be sure.

Should I contact Playstation support and ask to get it replaced, or is there anything else I can do?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like you tried all of Sony's recommended steps.

This is the last thing you can do before contacting Sony
  1. If the error occurs again, reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the application again. (Please take a backup of your data in advance.)

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
I'm afraid that your PS5 might need to be repaired. I had the same error code constantly when playing certain games in certain modes. I got my PS5 back within 3 weeks and it now works perfectly.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

So I've been replaying TLoU2 on the PS5 and noticed a lot of, like pretty much every few hours, the game crashing with that error code. It's not isolated to TLoU2 either, my GF was playing Ratchet and Clank from the PS collection and she couldn't play it due to that error, it would happen multiple times per hour. I reset my PS5, installed all the games again, cleared the cache and also rebuild the database, but I still encounter it at the same frequency as before. I haven't tried the option of resetting the PS5 with installing the firmware again yet, but I guess I could give that a try as well, just to be sure.

Should I contact Playstation support and ask to get it replaced, or is there anything else I can do?

That's the error code I had with my first PS5, but I couldn't even get a few hours into games before the crash. Mine happened within a minute for any game that was native PS5 (PS4 stuff worked fine). I did everything, including reinstalling the firmware, and nothing worked. I ended up contacting Sony for a replacement, and that process was pretty smooth.

OP
OP
uzipukki

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will be contacting the Playstation support today, thanks! Seems like that's the only thing I can really try at this point since none of the troubleshooting steps have worked. :( oh well.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
OP, i had two crashes playing Vanquish last day with same error code. That with total play time of over 5 hours tho.
Only game that crashed once for me before that was Maneater (PS5 version), with same error code.
If i start to receive crashes more common will try to replace the console for sure.

PS5 OS is rushed (and still unstable) for the launch and that affects some consoles is my guess. Also it's possible small number of consoles to have some hardware issue.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
I've been pretty much crash free for months, and then today I got two. Once in Destiny 2 and then another hours later in Returnal.

Redlogic

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
TLoU2 is the only game that has been near unplayable for me, crashing within hours, sometimes minutes from start up. I was hoping to give it another go with this new update, but now I'm not so sure. Haven't had the same issue with any other game so I figured it was software related.

OP
OP
uzipukki

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What peripherals are plugged on the console uzipukki ?
None, I only have the HDMI and power cable hooked up.
OP, i had two crashes playing Vanquish last day with same error code. That with total play time of over 5 hours tho.
Only game that crashed once for me before that was Maneater (PS5 version), with same error code.
If i start to receive crashes more common will try to replace the console for sure.

PS5 OS is rushed (and still unstable) for the launch and that affects some consoles is my guess. Also it's possible small number of consoles to have some hardware issue.
After googling it seems like that particular error code is a GPU related error code, caused by either buggy code or a hardware issue. Which is why it's such a hard thing to diagnose I suppose. Unless you send it to Sony you can never know if it was just a general crash from a bug in the code or a GPU issue.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
After googling it seems like that particular error code is a GPU related error code, caused by either buggy code or a hardware issue. Which is why it's such a hard thing to diagnose I suppose. Unless you send it to Sony you can never know if it was just a general crash from a bug in the code or a GPU issue.

Send it to Sony for diagnostics, no need to torment yourself with a faulty unit.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
My system is currently in repair for a second time, with similar sounding problems to yours.

Here's a thread I made about it a while back.

I really hope they're actually fixing it this time...

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Looks like hardware related. You should look for a replacement If you tried everything Sony says you should and are still getting the same error code.

Sony "repairs" it
OP
OP
uzipukki

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soo, I finally received the console back from Sony and they have done nothing to it. Tried playing Ratchet and Clank and it crashed within 5 minutes of booting it up. fucking hell..

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'd be livid. Imagine getting a ps5 and you can't use it, and the manufacturer says it's fixed.

Thankfully my ps5 has been good so far >_<