irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine the Trump Administration when faced with resistance would double-down. They are too stubborn and proud. They would rather destroy America's democracy before giving up.

If they keep following the Kremlin playbook (they have so far) the tactic is push, push, push, push, push until met with resistance too strong. Be vigilant, people.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Honestly unless the protest looks like this

140219_PHOTO_Kiev_03.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Not sure it's going to move the needle

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the entire world is giving yall spirit ala DBZ and you've actually had some waves/huge victories but some in the country want to actually give up. Jfc, hope those are just kids posting that nonsense because it's fucking zero critical thinking.

Get better, keep your head up and get the country full of decency many of yall deserve.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He pretty much sucks at the official business of being president but the stock market is at an all time high and he's the perfect cheerleader for the US.
Also after years of messing around the US finally managed to get rid of ISIS in Iraq and Syria. He's just lucky that some of those good things will happen under his watch but because he's president he will get or take the credit.

"Some bad business deals", yeah because that's what this is all about.
What else is this about? They're looking to tie Trump to Russia and the only way to do that is to follow the money trail as always. Unless he's on tape/camera colluding with the Russians there's no other evidence that can be damning enough to get to him.

You think that if Flynn said: "Yeah, Trump just basically does what Putin tells him" that Mueller wouldn't run to congress right away doing a 'We got him' speech on CNN?
Trump is surrounded by military strongmen and the other republicans pretty much hate him too. He'd be completely fucked if there was a direct link with him and the Russians.
The longer it takes the less likely a case can be build against Trump himself.

Because Presidents got away with worse. Reagan got away with the Contra's, Bush with an illegal war, nearly bankrupting the country and a VP that shot someone in the face and was more corrupt than Putin and Xi combined.

I don't live in the US but it's pretty obvious to me that Trump won't be send to prison while he's president. The presidency is basically a pardon by itself and looking at dudes like Holder and Rumsfeld, so are most cabinet positions.

The best case scenario:
- Trump is implicated and resigns, President Pence pardons Trump

The worst case scenario
- Manafort and Flynn get their sentences, everyone else walks

In the scenario that most people seemingly want the US would have to tell to the world that Vladimir Putin completely and utterly owned them by installing a Russian puppet as US president.
The US would end up losing all their credibility, allies and connections in the process. The hawks in the US itself would be calling for war against Russia soon after.

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
You think that if Flynn said: "Yeah, Trump just basically does what Putin tells him" that Mueller wouldn't run to congress right away doing a 'We got him' speech on CNN?

No?

In the scenario that most people seemingly want the US would have to tell to the world that Vladimir Putin completely and utterly owned them by installing a Russian puppet as US president. The US would end up losing all their credibility, allies and connections in the process.

No you have your scenarios mixed up, this is what will happen if they don't oppose Putin.

Last edited:

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
At the very least, don't let false claims like 'Every week since his inauguration there's been news articles and dozens of threads of "Trump about to be removed from office", "Pee tapes about to be released", etc' go unchallenged. It's exhausting, yes, that's the point.

I'm not sure how that is false? There has been a staggering amount of posts and topics that were either alluding to or directly saying "Trump is getting impeached any second now" even before he was inaugurated, in the old place and here as well if you read a lot of the comments. That's not russian propaganda but that's lurking and reading the topics at hand. And at some point when every week the president supposedly will get impeached and nothing happens then it eventually starts to lose meaning and looks rather desperate (I mean the OP even literally says "- Isn't this all just crazy nonsense? That's what they want you to think."). So I'll believe it when I actually see it / it actually happens for real.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do we think happens to the investigation when / if Mueller is fired? Do the findings get leaked to the public? Does the investigation continue in quiet by some other group? Is that even possible? Or does everything just die in darkness and get swept under the rug by the GOP?
we dont know because current events are so unpredictable. Official investigations need to be protected, which makes a sudden dump to the public unlikely. WaPo would have to be the ones that indirectly get a hold of something and leak

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do we think happens to the investigation when / if Mueller is fired? Do the findings get leaked to the public? Does the investigation continue in quiet by some other group? Is that even possible? Or does everything just die in darkness and get swept under the rug by the GOP?
The investigation will likely just continue. If I'm not mistaken the Republicans appointed Mueller to head the investigation.

I'm not sure how I feel about them wrapping it up after 12 months. I mean, a year of digging should bring up enough results if there's something big going on.
As we know from Manafort and Flynn the Trumpists aren't really skilled at hiding their schemes.

Then again this is Trump so who knows. He might fire Mueller and air it live on TV as some sort of surreal episode of the Apprentice.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always expected it to happen relatively soon. I have no doubt Mueller is prepared for this.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Ok.

You claim that every week since his inauguration there's been dozens of threads of "Trump about to be removed from office, Pee tapes about to be released, etc."

That would be more than 500 threads, right? Care to provide even one link?

I thought it was fairly obvious that it doesn't literally mean 500 threads and I think you know that as well.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/impeachment-the-threadning.6144/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vanity-fair-trump-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment.3321/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...erly-clueless-about-his-own-jeopardy-bi.9268/

Just three from the first google result page, plenty more of that and from the old page as well, which I'm not going to post since afaik that's not welcomed to link, but you can easily google it yourself "trump impeachment + oldplace.com". I'm not saying those threads shouldn't exist, I'm saying that when for months you're constantly hearing "he'll get impeached soon" and nothing happens over and over again it loses credibility and at this point I doubt he won't serve his full term.

Poster disagrees with me, must be a kremlin troll. Very mature.

In any case, this has kind of steered off-topic (or rather off-OP). Peaceful protests are always legit, although it seems weird to me if this hypothetical event was the event to trigger it(=widespread and largescale protests) and not others before it.

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's already got away with plenty with little more than a "Jeez, can you imagine the president is doing/saying stuff like that?" as the reaction. Americans should've been out in the streets before now. Nothing will happen, people overwhelmingly can't be arsed, you're getting the full 4 years. I will live stream myself chugging a glass of spunk if anything changes.

A full glass.
lmao if he does get impeached I'm going to hold you to this. The question is, who's spunk will it be?

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
I thought it was fairly obvious that it doesn't literally mean 500 threads and I think you know that as well.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/impeachment-the-threadning.6144/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vanity-fair-trump-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment.3321/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...erly-clueless-about-his-own-jeopardy-bi.9268/

Just three from the first google result page, plenty more of that and from the old page as well, which I'm not going to post since afaik that's not welcomed to link, but you can easily google it yourself "trump impeachment + oldplace.com". I'm not saying those threads shouldn't exist, I'm saying that when for months you're constantly hearing "he'll get impeached soon" and nothing happens over and over again it loses credibility and at this point I doubt he won't serve his full term.

Poster disagrees with me, must be a kremlin troll. Very mature.

In any case, this has kind of steered off-topic (or rather off-OP). Peaceful protests are always legit, although it seems weird to me if this hypothetical event was the event to trigger it(=widespread and largescale protests) and not others before it.

So it was false. People on forums are discussing Trump and impeachment (in extremely exaggerated numbers). So?

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If something like this does happen and people in America just sits by (sorry peeps ima stay overseas unless someone got a SOROS check for a flight back) then it will officially be a failed state in my eyes.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how that is false? There has been a staggering amount of posts and topics that were either alluding to or directly saying "Trump is getting impeached any second now" even before he was inaugurated, in the old place and here as well if you read a lot of the comments. That's not russian propaganda but that's lurking and reading the topics at hand. And at some point when every week the president supposedly will get impeached and nothing happens then it eventually starts to lose meaning and looks rather desperate (I mean the OP even literally says "- Isn't this all just crazy nonsense? That's what they want you to think."). So I'll believe it when I actually see it / it actually happens for real.
Does it even matter if people thought he was getting impeached any second now? The fact is these types of investigations take years. Watergate took years. Expecting things to happen instantly was always unrealistic, and thinking that the investigation is bunk because it's been months since it started, not even a full year, is even more nonsense.

Not to mention there have already been arrests.

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Trump is out before the mid-terms. I realise Pence is just as bad, if not worse, but Trump as a figurehead for normalising fascistic sympathies...

yeah. It has to stop.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Trump is a narcissistic man-baby, so I wouldn't put it past him pulling some stupid stunt like this.

Having said that, I am fairly certain that the more serious the Russia stuff gets, the less likely it is that he wil try to actively stop it.

At this point he's looking at impeachment and possibly resigning. At worst, he goes back to his old life and takes an image hit.

Basically, I don't think he'll do anything to make the situation worse, since the most likely worst outcome, is he resigns.

Frankly, I am having a hard time even believing that much will happen.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Consumer confidence is at an all time high and Trump is telling everyone how 'great' America is on a daily basis. The economy is largely measured by how people 'feel'.
If anything Trump's America is a financial wild west of gamblers and dealmakers. No one has to worry about higher taxation or business regulations.

Of course this only works in the short term (say 3 - 4) years until the economy boils over and a downward spiral starts fueled by ever increasing debts.
But he could easily recreate the early Bush era 2001 - 2007 gravy train before the whole thing comes crashing down again.

Like with Bush that's for the next president to handle.

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump does fire him, there should be riots. His 'base' (read: those he and his friends manipulated) will probably stand by him though.

Got to hate the other side, right? : (

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...say-trump-could-fire-mueller-before-christmas

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Friday that "rumors" on Capitol Hill suggest President Trump could fire special counsel Robert Mueller before Christmas, after Congress leaves Washington for the winter recess.

"The rumor on the Hill when I left yesterday was that the president was going to make a significant speech at the end of next week. And on Dec. 22, when we are out of D.C., he was going to fire Robert Mueller," Speier told California's KQED News.

Speier, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said that Trump was trying to shut down the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, pointing to the lack of interviews scheduled for the new year.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

You said there have been a ton of NEWS ARTICLES claiming this. Factually untrue.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think a pedo supporting, kkk/Nazi supported president, propped up by a hostile foreign government, putting all his completely unqualified friends in top positions, while basically everyone he knows lies to the FBI about their ties to hostile foreign governments...

You'd have thought people would be on the streets but........eh.

Not seeing too much movement.

News networks are putting the stories out there, but the people are pretty silent on the whole.

If he fires Mueller, Jack shit will happen outside of a few marches here and there.

The America most people seem to believe exists, is a myth.

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
he's the perfect cheerleader for the US.

Consumer confidence is at an all time high and Trump is telling everyone how 'great' America is on a daily basis. The economy is largely measured by how people 'feel'.
If anything Trump's America is a financial wild west of gamblers and dealmakers. No one has to worry about higher taxation or business regulations.

Of course this only works in the short term (say 3 - 4) years until the economy boils over and a downward spiral starts fueled by ever increasing debts.
But he could easily recreate the early Bush era 2001 - 2007 gravy train before the whole thing comes crashing down again.

Like with Bush that's for the next president to handle.

So you seriously believe that Donald Trump is "the perfect cheerleader for the US"?

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he's innocent then why move to fire Mueller?

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh hi /pol/.

What do you mean, are you talking about his constant attacks on the FBI, CIA and journalists, or his constant praise of Putin?
Trump looks like a soviet caricature of what a capitalist looks like. They used to make these drawings of overweight pig-faced capitalists looking down on the masses.
Here we have Donny two scoops. A loud new yorker who lives in a gold tower named after himself and thinks he should get the most ice cream because he's rich.
A movie director would've told his writers to tone it down a little and not get too stereotypical with the Trump character.

It's like with Silvio Berlusconi. Yup, some Italians hated him but they had to admit the guy was as stereotypical Italian as you could possibly get.