WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I live like 10 minutes away from Cybertron. Tempted to go see if they have some copies left. But I've still got so much on my plate gaming wise.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I know we obviously know the story of every movie and the lore. Without shattering the excitement, can someone delicately say how big each movie is in the game? Do you really 1 for 1 see most of the content from each film? How expansive is the naboo city and palace in episode 1 for example, ?

I am very excited for this and hope each planet has big zones, i understand that areas will be connected by cutscenes, and hub zones.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
seeing some of the footage of Twitch and i'm starting to feel kinda mweh about the game. I wasn't expecting extremely long missions, but from what I've seen so far these missions are extremely short, and the cutscenes are very short as well.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So like my post above alluded to, the different doesn't feel as pronounced as I would have hoped. You're still collecting a ton of blocks, you're still doing the "Hold X to build" thing, similar humor (though I love the voice acting in this).

The biggest changes I noticed were things like walking around in the world and being able to interact with NPCs. That was really cool! I have no idea if they introduced that in an earlier game. Like I mentioned, the last that I played was Marvel and I didn't get far at all.
Differences might not be as big from Marvel to this but from the first Lego Star Wars to this it's insane. Being able to aim down sights, voice acting, actual non-top down flight controls, etc. All that is new for me

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
They have, but nowhere near to the level of this game. The major step forward in Skywalker Saga seems to be just how much care was put into the open world aspects.

The games sure have come a long way since Lego Indiana Jones 2 (the first game to have it's hub be more than just a place to select levels and shop).
Yeah the open areas are really neat. I was really digging that part of it.

Yka

Nov 1, 2017
I preordered the PS4 version a week ago. I have PS4, Switch and a gaming PC with 2060 Super. I would have liked to get this for the Switch but I was worried about graphics/performance and I guess I made the right decision. I like to collect physical copies and I might upgrade to PS5 at some point. The physical PS4 copy will then give me a digital PS5 copy of the game (with the disc in the drive of course).

Last edited:

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Review embargo has to be Monday morning, right?

Also, there's no platform-specific digital preorder exclusives worth worrying about?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I've got a gift card and there is a pre order discount at the retailer do need to order before Tues.
Apparently it wont have dualsense features (at launch?) so its effectively the same game just get it for your preferred platform you cant go wrong with either

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Saw a Twitch VOD for the Switch version last night, but can't find it now. Tough to judge because of stream quality and being scaled up, but textures looked muddy and overall IQ looked meh. Might be decent on the OLED like the image above though. I'm still undecided on which version to get.

Looks decent enough

youtu.be

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Switch Walkthrough Part 1!

Today we'll be playing the Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga on the Nintendo Switch!

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
Why on earth is the physical Deluxe Edition sold out at every retailer for every platform? I have the PS5 Deluxe Edition pre-ordered, but was tempted to switch to Xbox. Oh well.

In my LEGO circle, everyone is fiending for that Blue Milk Luke Minifig.

I know LEGO builders who bought it for him, and intend to flip the disc.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Here are some pics switching from 30 to 60 fps on the PS5 version.
yplIGrv.jpg

L6tTdX0.jpg

r8knJAi.jpg

rLEiQgR.jpg

I'm about to upload the intro as well, I thought it was really well done.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are some pics switching from 30 to 60 fps on the PS5 version.
yplIGrv.jpg

L6tTdX0.jpg

r8knJAi.jpg

rLEiQgR.jpg

I'm about to upload the intro as well, I thought it was really well done.
Neither look razor sharp to me, but 30fps looks a bit sharper. I wonder if neither are native 4k, or maybe it's just the anti aliasing method being used that makes the image look just a bit soft to me.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

Here's the intro! I love the editing.
------------
Neither look razor sharp to me, but 30fps looks a bit sharper. I wonder if neither are native 4k, or maybe it's just the anti aliasing method being used that makes the image look just a bit soft to me.
When i take the screenshot, the image properties say that its 4k, so i'm guessing it messes with other graphics settings

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's the intro! I love the editing.
------------

When i take the screenshot, the image properties say that its 4k, so i'm guessing it messes with other graphics settings

I believe the screenshots will always be save as an upscaled 4K resolution even if the game is rendering at a lower resolution internally. That's how screenshots work on Xbox, at least.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You'd be surprised, LEGO City Undercover ran like crap undocked on Switch, almost headache-inducing in spots, and I've heard similar things about LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2.

In any case, TT games had promised better performance on Switch for this title, so it's great that they seemingly managed to fullfill that promise.

What? LEGO Undercover might be the worst performing Switch title, lol.
Really? My partner and I must have been very lucky as we never noticed any bad performance. Then again, I'm not a stickler for performance issues on Switch yet notice severe issues on PC 🤷‍♂️

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Ami6xBs.png

It's amazing how far this series has come, and how long it has lasted. I was 8 when the original came out, and I was super excited for it. There was not a game I wanted more in 2005, and I loved every minute of it. Hard to believe I have that same excitement for the latest entry at 25!

Amazing! I can't wait to finally play it!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
seeing some of the footage of Twitch and i'm starting to feel kinda mweh about the game. I wasn't expecting extremely long missions, but from what I've seen so far these missions are extremely short, and the cutscenes are very short as well.
How comparable are the level lengths to the original Lego Star Wars I & II levels?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Honestly excited to play this, I havent seriously played a lego game since like Lego Batman 2?

the original 2 games were a great part of me growing up.

Honestly maybe just me but seeing how much Star Wars they ended up doing it makes me wish they found a way to do a Spider-Man Trilogy game back in the 00's, that would have been incredible.

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
How comparable are the level lengths to the original Lego Star Wars I & II levels?
Really looking forward to this, I haven't played a Lego Star Wars game(or any Lego game for that matter) since the original Lego Star Wars on the PS2.

This is good to hear, I decided to go for the Switch version.
See my impressions above. I don't know what they were thinking but this game absolutely doesn't come close to 45 fps. Performance was really questionable.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
My son grew up playing Lego games with me, oddly have not played any of the old games except for force awakens.

This looks fantastic

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
So excited for this! Just Preordered the deluxe edition (Digital) on Series X and got the 6000 reward points. Anyone know if/ what character packs drop on day one🤔

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this! Just Preordered the deluxe edition (Digital) on Series X and got the 6000 reward points. Anyone know if/ what character packs drop on day one🤔
4 packs will be available at launch, The Mandalorian season 1 pack, Solo: A Star Wars Story pack, classic characters pack, and the trooper pack.

The Rogue One pack will be available on April 19, and the Mandalorian season 2 and Bad Batch packs will be available on May 4th.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
If I buy this digital on Xbox, and I'm playing on an upstairs OneS and a downstairs SeriesX, will the saves automatically sync up for me?

Or does this only work if both consoles are series?

Oct 30, 2017
Debating between PC and PS5. I think it would be easier to play couch co-op on my PS5 but concerned IQ, resolution and FPS will make me wish I got it on PC. There are leaks out there but not much PS5 specific gameplay that I have been able to find. I am a sucker for the pre-order bonus so will need to decide soon. Either way I will be fine, very hyped. As a huge fan of the original Lego Star Wars on the PS2 this is a nostalgia bomb. Always happy to get high quality Star Wars videogames.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Are the DLCs just extra character like the classic and troopers, or does Solo and Rogue One come with story missions?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Debating between PC and PS5. I think it would be easier to play couch co-op on my PS5 but concerned IQ, resolution and FPS will make me wish I got it on PC. There are leaks out there but not much PS5 specific gameplay that I have been able to find. I am a sucker for the pre-order bonus so will need to decide soon. Either way I will be fine, very hyped. As a huge fan of the original Lego Star Wars on the PS2 this is a nostalgia bomb. Always happy to get high quality Star Wars videogames.
I've been playing ps5 and it looks and plays great in single player. Have noticed some minor screen tearing. Fps is stable as well. If I can upload some gameplay later, I'll tag you

Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing ps5 and it looks and plays great in single player. Have noticed some minor screen tearing. Fps is stable as well. If I can upload some gameplay later, I'll tag you

That would be much appreciated. Glad to hear fps is stable, are you playing 60 fps? More importantly what are your impressions so far?

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I'm assuming there's no LEGO City in this right? My brother and I loved going through that level probably more than the actual game. Felt like we spent hours in there. Honestly, LEGO Star Wars was probably one of the last games we goofed around with instead of just "beating" games like we do now. Would love to have another mode like that in the game.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I'm assuming there's no LEGO City in this right? My brother and I loved going through that level probably more than the actual game. Felt like we spent hours in there. Honestly, LEGO Star Wars was probably one of the last games we goofed around with instead of just "beating" games like we do now. Would love to have another mode like that in the game.
What do you mean by LEGO city? Like an big sandbox level to run around in? Not exactly, but there are a few areas that are a decent size, and there are quite a few levels to return to in free play to collect everything.