Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Is this game a good fit for a Star Wars loving 5.5 year old?

I just played for an hour or so; it's a bit more mechanically involved than previous Lego games, but it's still pretty straightforward. They might have trouble with some of the brick challenges, which involve some relatively tricky platforming, but these are optional.

Plus, there's coop, so you can always jump in to lend a hand if they're struggling.

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My 8 year old daughter and I just finished Kirby on the Switch, this is our next game. Got the email from Amazon that my copy shipped.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I saw they added combos. Is it like a fighting game now, or something?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Jun 22, 2021
Man.... Just read up on Character Creation being cut..... šŸ„ŗ

That's easily my favorite aspect of Lego games. DC Supervillains revolving around your custom character was why that game was so great for me.

Damn that sucks. I'll wait for a deep sale, and hope the feature makes it back for future games.

What!!??!! Character creation has been a staple of the Lego games from the beginning, even the older Lego Star Wars games included it. This is a bit disappointing

I think this would be an excellent game for your 5.5 year old, as someone who has being playing Lego games since I was around a similar age as your child I can assure you that Lego games are simple and easy to get in to. Your child may struggle in some of the more combat and puzzle areas, but as others have said the game offers co-op so you can join in to help.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Still waiting for my key from Voidu, but apparently it doesn't unlock on Steam until late tomorrow, so it's fine.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
No, episode IV, V and VI are there. šŸ˜
But I was wondering the same thing

No, haha. It's basically just a way to keep you from mashing the same button. You need to mix up your melee attacks between the two attack buttons, or the enemy will block your attacks.
So basically just swap between two buttons instead of spam 1? Lol

Morrowless

Oct 27, 2017
I just played for an hour or so; it's a bit more mechanically involved than previous Lego games, but it's still pretty straightforward. They might have trouble with some of the brick challenges, which involve some relatively tricky platforming, but these are optional.

Plus, there's coop, so you can always jump in to lend a hand if they're struggling.

What!!??!! Character creation has been a staple of the Lego games from the beginning, even the older Lego Star Wars games included it. This is a bit disappointing

I think this would be an excellent game for your 5.5 year old, as someone who has being playing Lego games since I was around a similar age as your child I can assure you that Lego games are simple and easy to get in to. Your child may struggle in some of the more combat and puzzle areas, but as others have said the game offers co-op so you can join in to help.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I will give this a try. It will be my son's 3rd game after Captain Toad and NSMB U Deluxe. So he's already got some puzzle + platforming experience. :)

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only 40+ yr old adult who had no intention of playing with my kids lol

As a starwars fan, it's hard to not get hyped about having 1 massive collection.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
No chance for another Newegg discount today? Been on the fence between Switch and Xbox and deciding to go for the latter. Might get a digital code at Best Buy to get points, then points again through MS Rewards.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The last LEGO Star Wars game I played was one of the GameCube releases. I'll be interested in seeing the inevitable comparison videos of how scenes/levels played out in the OG games versus in Skywalker Saga.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Anyone having issues launching the game in online mode?? Getting "there's a temporary network problem" and nothing is fixing it when I launch the game. Makes it so the achievements don't even work / show

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My Best Buy copy still hasn't shipped and I doubt it comes in tomorrow. Guess I'm changing my region (if I'm going to do it I might as well play a day early) and double dipping

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Excited for this game's OT to go up. Can't wait to play a Lego game after all these years!

Do we have release times/timings? I'm picking this up on PC. Are they doing regional or global unlock times?

No, episode IV, V and VI are there. šŸ˜
But I was wondering the same thing
<insert I understood that reference Captain America Gif>
In all seriousness, I can't see an OT claim for this in the claim thread either, I wonder if anyone is planning the OT for it?

Last edited:

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues launching the game in online mode?? Getting "there's a temporary network problem" and nothing is fixing it when I launch the game. Makes it so the achievements don't even work / show

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Allows for playing in offline mode. I'm not sure if this is a Lego issue or Xbox issue.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017

I'd say so. It looks like the main difference to the original game is the added over the shoulder/cover shooting combat with reticle. Depending on their experience it might be quite a tricky new game mechanic to get used to.

Having said that my 5.5 daughter can already run and use a 2nd analogue stick camera at the same time in 3d games so just some new button presses to learn.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'll have the OT put up within the hour! :)

(I had one prepared from Famiboards, so figured I might as well use it here lol)

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
first review I could find:
press-start.com.au

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review - Feel The Co-Op Within You

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review - Feel The Co-Op Within You

definitely read some of the things I was worried about regarding the decisions that are made about which parts of the story the game sometimes focuses on or kinda skips. Roughly an hour or so for each movie without going for any real side content is kind of nice.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah I'm having the same issue. Allows for playing in offline mode. I'm not sure if this is a Lego issue or Xbox issue.
Ok glad it's not just me. All other games seem to work fine it's just Lego which has that pop up. I can play offline, but I scroll over to achievements and get "achievements not supported in this title". Unsure if I wanna play if I won't get them