Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else like, seriously looking forward to this game? I wasn't expecting much, but everything I've heard so far has been music to my ears. Hopefully the reviews are decent.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
That would be much appreciated. Glad to hear fps is stable, are you playing 60 fps? More importantly what are your impressions so far?
Yes, i'm playing on 60 fps.
My impressions are pretty good. I've been having fun with the humor, but I will admit that they move the story along at kind of a fast pace. I guess since there are 9 episodes to cover, makes sense. But the game does feel pretty open at most times, and there's been a good variety to the gameplay with a good amount of side content as well.

Here is a quick vid I took of a side mission from Ep IV.

Oct 30, 2017
My impressions are pretty good. I've been having fun with the humor, but I will admit that they move the story along at kind of a fast pace. I guess since there are 9 episodes to cover, makes sense. But the game does feel pretty open at most times, and there's been a good variety to the gameplay with a good amount of side content as well.

Shame to hear about the speed of the story but certainly understandable. Thanks for the video. Certainly looks more involved than the OG. The resolution is concerning, if only digital foundry had access to games prior to release.

Also Luke's facial expression is 10/10. I am filled with joy just watching. I am excited for a chill game.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020

How long would you say the individual levels are so far? I'm guessing around 20 minutes or so, perhaps even less.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR

Does the story go at a faster pace than the original Lego Star Wars games?

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
It makes sense for the game to go with a faster pace with the story, here we have all 9 episodes. With an average time of 30 min per each chapter (and that without looking for all the collectibles) we would be talking of a game with more than 20h of content. And it seems that there is also story progress in the open worlds, so even more time.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
What do you mean by LEGO city? Like an big sandbox level to run around in? Not exactly, but there are a few areas that are a decent size, and there are quite a few levels to return to in free play to collect everything.

A mode like this. I haven't heard anything about it returning so I'm not expecting it but it would be my most wanted feature if there is ever any DLC!

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
A mode like this. I haven't heard anything about it returning so I'm not expecting it but it would be my most wanted feature if there is ever any DLC!

Oh wow, I've never heard of that! That's really cool, I don't see anything like that available, unfortunately. maybe something unlockable? My son is almost through the game, should be done by tomorrow at his current pace.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
How many levels per Episode generally?
As someone above stated, 5 per movie.
Any impressions on splitscreen? For any system or course.
Split screen is fun. The performance is a little worse and i think i see more tearing there than in single player. Frame rate on PS5 is solid in split screen though. A few minor hitches like if you are initiating a cutscene or dialogue with one character, the other character will start moving on its own.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for this. I did a tiny amount of work with the studio as a user researcher many years ago on this game when it was in very early stages and the concept excited me even then. The LEGO games are always good fun.

I don't know if I can pick it up at launch day because PS5 games are pricey and I just bought Tiny Tina's Wonderlands but I'd like to jump in a little down the road.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
As someone above stated, 5 per movie.

Split screen is fun. The performance is a little worse and i think i see more tearing there than in single player. Frame rate on PS5 is solid in split screen though. A few minor hitches like if you are initiating a cutscene or dialogue with one character, the other character will start moving on its own.
I'm very interested. Seeing if remote play may be a viable option for online, should be fine but depends on connection so I'll have to find out with those I'd like to play with specifically.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Needed a palette cleanser after beating Elden Ring (woohoo!) so ended up making a few more gameplay vids. Edited in share factory so i'm not sure if that messes with the quality at all.

Episode VII Intro cutscene and gameplay. I like how the cutscenes mimic the cinematography and camera movements of the movies

Episode IV Leaving Tatooine and some Death Star gameplay and cutscenes

Episode IV - Funny Segment. I'd say this might be a bit of a spoiler, but it caught me off guard and I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
tooooomoooorrrooooowww baby

If ironbased and droidpilled L3 is in the Solo pack I finally got my new avatar.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a 7 month vacation, this will be a perfect start, i think i will buy it tomorrow, will wait for rewievs though.

Jun 3, 2018
London
I want to wait for some reviews as well before I buy the game. I hope, they will have reviews before tomorrow. So far, I have only found one in Google cache:

webcache.googleusercontent.com

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review | Hey Poor Player

The Skywalker Saga is a triumphant return to form for TT Games. Covering all nine big screen Episodes in one game has presented players with a Star Wars sandbox like no other.

I guess this was released too early. The article is not on the actual site anymore. Score is 4.5/5.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Shorter levels sound good to me actually, I thought some previous lego games had levels that where too long.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Anyone that already has their hands on it, is it possible to remove certain elements from the HUD? Damage number, health bars etc. I am finding the HUD to be very intrusive.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Anyone that already has their hands on it, is it possible to remove certain elements from the HUD? Damage number, health bars etc. I am finding the HUD to be very intrusive.
Seems like you can!

Waiting for some more reviews, but tempted to get for Switch (frame rate and graphics on early copies seems to be ok)

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Have TT completely dropped the dynamic splitscreen that they had in their old games? I think I remember Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 not having it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Have TT completely dropped the dynamic splitscreen that they had in their old games? I think I remember Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 not having it.
Idk about Marvel, but this game wouldn't work with the dynamic splitscreen since it has a over-the-shoulder controllable camera.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Children. They are technically aimed at children who are under age and online functionality invites predators. That is my guess.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I've never heard of that! That's really cool, I don't see anything like that available, unfortunately. maybe something unlockable? My son is almost through the game, should be done by tomorrow at his current pace.
Its usually an unlockable (different lego city type stages) by finding red bricks iirc. It appeared in most lego games (dont know if all of them).

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
I got my Switch copy today. Sadly the Switch port sucks IMO. Bad framerate issues and huuuge amounts of Pop In. Also, blurry in both docked and portable mode.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Man.... Just read up on Character Creation being cut..... 🥺

That's easily my favorite aspect of Lego games. DC Supervillains revolving around your custom character was why that game was so great for me.

Damn that sucks. I'll wait for a deep sale, and hope the feature makes it back for future games.