• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El sueño

Feb 4, 2018
The following text is extracted from the ign article:

"So we thought we'd ask the IGN fan community to help us rank every modern Star Wars film, including the prequel trilogy (well, the two released after 2000), the more recent films starring Rey, Finn, and Poe (even though their third film hasn't released yet), and even Rogue One.
So what modern Star Wars movie did IGN readers love most? A whopping 30,384 of you answered, so check out the results in the link below":

Do you agree, mates?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rogue One is the only movie I've ever walked out of and I've seen a few thousand in theaters.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
They ain't wrong. The second veiwing is even better than the first once you get to know the characters a little more.

EDIT: Wait, Revenge of the Sith is #2?!! WTF?!!

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even with all its failings, I feel like there was a very good movie hiding in there somewhere.
The cinematography and costumes really standout.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is solid and a respectable choice.

also The Last Jedi is the proper kick in the balls the franchise needed instead of continuing to tread water like the stale The Force Awakens.

so what I'm saying is R1 & TLJ both shit on TFA and Solo.

Nov 11, 2017
It's not great... poor pacing and character development, but the final act makes up for it. Pretty clear that is where they put all their time into.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The Last Jedi has higher highs, but Rogue One wad exactly the SW movie I always wanted.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I do, on account that Rogue One was confident enough to stand on its own without the involvement of the original cast from the 70's/80's Star Wars films. (With key exceptions, of course.)

And this movie also proves you can have an HK-47-type droid that is equal parts snarky and compelling.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the vader stuff made me want to puke

ignoring nostalgia/content bias, its probably the best looking star wars movie for me

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It has among the most exciting 40 minute stretches of Star Wars you can find. But the 90 minutes leading up to it can be a bit rough. My 3rd favorite among the new 4.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel like a weirdo when people talk about how awesome Rogue One is. I thought it was very mediocre. Visually amazing but the characters were super lame.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Even Rogue One's haters can't argue that it did something no other film did:

Make the Empire a fearsome, competent villain.

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is only better than Attack of the Clones and maaaaybe Phantom Menace. It's a boring Hollywood movie for the most part.