Zed

Oct 28, 2017
It is amazing how the hacked imperial droid is a better character than every new character from the Last Jedi.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Phantom fucking Menace had more compelling characters than Rogue One, it also literally put me to sleep like Phantom Menace. It doesn't have a long as fuck pod race which is a plus, Vader scene and Maul fight are good.(even if the former was the most blatant fan service known to man)

In short R1 is as bad as PM.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is easily the worst of the new era in my opinion. TFA >> Solo > TLJ >> Rogue One

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest Star Wars fan but I love Rogue One. It was actually my first Star Wars movie and got me interested in the rest of them.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To watch, I definitely think TFA is the best, I thought Rogue One was the best on first watch but subsequent watched made me withdraw and change that opinion.

I'd say that the Maul fight, Luke vs Vader rematch, and the lightspeed suicide attack were the best scenes in the entire (film) franchise.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is awful, I'd put it at the bottom of the Disney era.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
the only reason i like rogue one is the battle scenes. other than that, characters and pacing sucked, but i aint gonna lie, the battle scenes are amazing.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I agree with this completely.

Rogue one is WAY better than FA or TLJ. And for me it's the best Star Wars movie period.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blows my mind how anyone cared about that movie that had absolutely 0 real characters in it.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that TFA and TLJ are more fun because of the characters.

TFA was a pretty middling film, raised by the character's chemistry and banter. 'That's not how the force works'

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Rogue One didn't have that 30 second scene of Vader orgasming everywhere at the end. The movie would fall like five points out of ten among fanboys.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One was a good Star Wars flick.

Definitely better than the prequels and sequels.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'll be honest - I couldn't finish Rogue One. And I say that as somebody who was able to finish the prequel trilogy as well as Solo. I was terribly, terribly bored of Rogue One and I wish I could tell you how far into the movie I stopped watching or at what plot point, but I just can't recall.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The space battle at the end of Rogue One is what I have been wanting since the battle of Endor. It makes the whole movie worth it alone.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Huh?

Rogue One boasts the least compelling characters of any Star Wars film. None of their sacrifices feel necessary or particularly heroic even, and none of their deaths managed to stir me at all. At least the prequel trilogies have Obi-wan to carry them.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
yeah their ranking more or less tracks with mine, I enjoyed Rogue One for the stuff it tried to do different. The main casting wasn't great though, both Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor just felt off and didn't have much chemistry. I always find it weird when people say "oh, most people see TLJ as their favorite recent Star Wars movie, people in this thread are a minority" -- nah, most people are pretty meh on it.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the movie but I do have to agree with the characters being meh. It doesn't help that their deaths were pretty mediocre.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
R1 was definitely the best of the new movies. Better than the prequels too. Probably 3rd best in the series after Empire and ANH. I'm not a huge Star Wars though. But that movie was actually fun and had some stakes (marvel could learn a thing or two from R1 about that).

Oct 28, 2017
The lie detector has determined....you were telling the truth.... and since nobody asked me I'll post the following, scientifically proven rankings:

Rogue One
The Force Awakens
Solo
The Last Jedi

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The Vader scene was pretty great. The only one I liked was Solo, went in with no expectations and enjoyed it quite a bit. The rest where just disappointing.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is very good and I make no apologies for liking it.

It made the Death Star and Vader terrifying again. The film's focus on the Death Star as a realistic megaweapon of war makes TFA's Starkiller Base plot feel incredibly lightweight and laughable in comparison.

Krennic as a petulant middle management loser was excellent.

Retconning the Death Star flaw was genius.

The Vader scene is pure fanservice in a good way

The space battle is the best since RotJ.

Giacchino's score (completed in a couple of weeks) is effective and does a good job of emulating Williams' style.

TFA is like the inverse of Rogue One; it starts very strongly and peters out by its third act.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The hate for Rogue One is insane to me. Its such a good movie way better than any of the movies in the new trilogy.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Do you think someone would lie on the internet just to backup their point? Nonsense!
It's not a lie. His experience is from a vacuum, one person's perspective who probably only goes to like 3 different theaters. Meanwhile there are thousands of theaters in the US in different states where people may have different priorities or have standards for their time spent. Quite frankly, his experience is meaningless in an argument about what I said being false.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Of the new movies:

Rogue One
TLJ
Solo
TFA

Rogue One isn't outstanding, but it's a solid film with a great final act. TLJ has some high highs, but also very low lows. Solo is just alright, but not particularly memorable. TFA is derivative nonsense that ruined any potential the sequel trilogy could have had.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good: The Last Jedi

Kinda Good, Kinda Boring: Solo

Boring: Force Awakens

Trash: Everything else

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the best Star Wars movie since Empire, but also it's only like a 6 or 7/10 in my book, it's just that every other Star Wars movie since Empire hasn't been that good (note: still haven't seen TLJ or Solo)
All the Disney ones are about 7/10 to me.

Except Solo, I can only watch it for a few minutes because I struggle to see Han Solo and feel empty.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's understandable, it's the least controversial of all the new movies.

And it is pretty great too.

This

except it makes me think it is a meh star wars
But I think Last Jedi is the best thing to happen to the franchise since the genndy tartakovsky clone wars empire strikes back the so who am i to give opinions on the internet, right ? xD

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Blows my mind how anyone cared about that movie that had absolutely 0 real characters in it.
Gonna have to agree here. The chara ter writing is just so poor. And, yeah, the third act has some pretty amazing action but it's kinda ruined by the fact that the movie failed to make me care about the band of characters.