Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2018
To be fair there are more PlayStation fans, and most of the votes will be from folk who would vote just because they are PlayStation fans.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
It represents the community. Not the editorial staff. The whole IGN is bad narrative will win because people don't really care and will use anything to further that. I'm sure all of gaming youtube are preparing their videos right now as we speak.

It's almost like voting for a game you dont think is GOTY in order to attack their dumb reaction was the object of the exercise ... Lying? On the Internet? say it aint so ...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
here were more games than just Death Stranding added.
I know and I mentioned that in another reply. Situation's the same. You don't agree IGN didn't handle this well, fair enough. That's it for me as far as this discussion goes though as this thread is going to be predictably terrible to keep participating on.

Case in point:
Bet 99% of the people are voting for death stranding is just voting or it so Kojima gets the award. IMO, has nothing to do with the game.

Hell, remove the words Death Stranding and replace it with Kojima and it will still win.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'd vote for it -- not having played it a single minute -- just to piss him off.

How can someone be so salty about a fucking vote? As if an IGN Vote winner would be some kind of holy grail you'll remember in a decade: " aw, you remember, ten years ago, when Death Stranding won the IGN vote? IGN, dude!!".

That one moderator alone has the power to remove that pull or is backed up for doing so just shows what a shit show the forum is (on an administrative level).

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Death Stranding is the Boaty McBoatface of the gaming world this year then?

Alas this vote looks like it was doomed from the start. Once the mod posted that, it's only going to go against you.

I mean Boaty McBoatface was a irony vote versus this being a very divisive game that a sizable group of people actually love. So it's more like a really difficult film making a critic's top ten list.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, a poll is supposed to reflect the popularity of something, and Death Stranding is popular. Why be salty about that?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is the ign Reddit mod an actual ign employee? Or is it just like an ign fan site unofficial thing.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I've not even finished and its already my game of the year. I went into it with low expectations but the core gameplay is so amazing.

Going to be hard to go back to push stick forward to climb any object movement all other games do.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It was definitely a decent amount of what you're both saying, I read way too much of that thread

It's been like every review thread, bad reviews have the majority of posts. I don't have to remind you of BotW and Jim Sterling for example, right?

I mean, you can check by yourself lol. The thread still exists, even moderators here were accusing the reviewers of being biased.

I don't have to, nor will i do that. Look, if you want to tell yourself that this thread was more bitching about good scores, then we can just stop talking to each other.

No, it definitely went the way he says it did. Thread is still up and you're free to go look in it.

Another one, huh? I have nothing more to say to you than to the one above. I mean how many fucking posts does Edge has in that thread? They didn't even HAVE a review yet, just some opinions of their reviewer.

Just ... please. God this fanbase is so ... whatever. I'm out.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It was an official IGN poll, they do it every year.

It was an official IGN poll but we don't know who took it down or why they took it down.
The irony is, you first made a definite statement, on how we had 'no reason to believe in any conspiracy', even in the light of the fact that IGN who generally give separate GOTYs i.e. (i) Staff Choice (ii) Readers chouce didn't have DS in either poll in addition to many other games. After many folks wrote, they added it in their Readers poll. If you had voted earlier, you weren't allowed to change it anyway as Betty said. Once, DS still went ahead despite being a late addition they took the poll down.

Then you had to gall to put your own tin-foil hat on to suggest that, those who were voting for DS were doing it just to spite the website. Never did you consider, that there are genuine gamers who actually bought and played the game consider it to be their GOTY. There is a likelihood it wins GOTY on Era as well, but that will also be brigading right?

Just accept you contradicted yourself in space of two posts and move on.

IGN added more games than just Death Stranding and we have no actual evidence of why the poll was taken down, who took it down, or what IGN's thinking on the matter was.

And User Reviews/User Polls have been rigged since the dawn of time, enough so that "Review Bombing" is a thing even sites like Metacritic and IMDB acknowledge. To say that it couldn't have possibly happened here is more ludicrous than simply suggesting that it could have been a possibility. I didn't declare that it 100% happened I just said that it does happen and should, therefore, be taken into consideration in the 'Trial of IGN'.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
What?

What?

Yes, the original poll was an official one, but we have no clue why it was taken down or who it was taken down by. Questioning that isn't "moving the goalposts," it's just not agreeing to start posting "FUCK IGN," based on speculation and hearsay.
This being on a page of their site and not regulated to the forums would suggest this was removed by an employed IGN staff member.

I am not going to jump on the "Fuck IGN" wagon, but I will definitely admit that them not including Death Stranding and thus removing the entire poll after it hit number 1 definitely gave many to suspect. This "issue" is all IGN created. With that said, this doesn't move the needle for me in regards to IGN. I don't get much of my gaming news directly from them anyways.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Wow, that's a strange hill for IGN to die on.

If you're gonna do a community vote for GOTY, you probably shouldn't mock the community for voting for their GOTY.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread is closed to further replies, please see Announcements/FAQ:

Offsite Drama

We have no interest in hosting discussions that fuel drama between our community and others. This sort of metacommentary
tends to be petty and unproductive. Please do not derail threads with drama about other forums and websites, do not encourage comparisons or competition with other forums, and do not create threads about them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.